April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Duff can dust off his dancing shoes..... some good food and BS, and quick ride home.... what the hell .....
There will be no dancing... I don't plan on getting THAT liquored-up. Of course, I have been known to throw plans out the window too.

Where's DCARVER?

Last edited by a moderator:
220px-Meshuggah_-_obZen.jpg
Brother Joseph, Your Pal Pope Don has got you covered for both Passover and Easter, I lit candles for you at Mass this morning!

PopeDon-1.jpg

And Seth and I had Matzoh Ball soup for Dinner this evening, Mazel Tov and Erin ga' Bragh, Slainte my Friend!

20100325blueribbonmatzohballsoup.jpg

The weather is in such flux and really can't be accurately predicted this far in advance. Hell, a couple days ago they were predicting over 1.5" around Big Sir (Posts, CA) and now it is 0.02" for Saturday. If you are that skiddish, pack rain gear and bring a tarp if you plan on camping. Anyway, we cancelled our room reservation for 2 nights in Cambria but now I might be considering a solo camping trip with Johnny80s and the crew again, as originally planned. Stay tuned for the latest developements. This will be an experience, for sure.
Yeah your wife dumps you and now you want hang out with the boys. I see how it works. If you are coming by yourself you better bring brownies.
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-day/usa/california/big-sur/id/93920 Hey Goombah, I'm shifting back to my original plan of spending Friday night at the Motel 6 in Santa Barbara. I can't leave Chandler on 4/13 until after I drop Seth off at School at 0900 hours, it will be getting dark by the time I get to SB and it will be raining on my run in from Phoenix.

I don't give a fat rat's patooie about riding in the rain, I just don't want to set up my tent in the dark while it's raining. I'll give you a wake up call from my digs at 0700 on 4/14 and I will either see you on the road or at the Big Sur River Inn.

I will be on Miss Lucy Liu, my gorgeous blue and silver GEN 1 FJR; I wore the tires off of my BMW K1600GT "Gisele" this last weekend riding with the ionbeams from New England who are out here on vacation in Arizona!

Capito, anche.

On another note, it's nice to know that my sorry ass is covered one way or another.

The weather forecasting sites are not in agreement as to details but they agree that Friday (chance of showers / rain becoming showers over night) will be the worst of it with Saturday better (20-40% chance of showers)and Sunday will be gorgeous. The Accuweather site has the most optimistic forecast as of this writing (Monday morning 09 April PDT)

Who else is staying over Saturday night in Cambria? Was thinking if there's a group of folks, we should probably make a dinner reservation. :)
We're still in rain or shine, though if it rains we'll be in the cage. Staying in Cambria Saturday night as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I won't be in Cambria Sat. night. So I guess Tyler is responsible for herding the cats Sat. night. I will be at the RTE with the RTE attendance log, so come find me and sign in. :)

I am heading to Southern Cal the rest of the weekend..
wink.gif

Why not meet Tom and I and Russ and Jamie for Breakfast at Alice's? Say at 8am?

Paging Tom? Where is the route to Alice's, you were working on? Is that still the plan?

Given the distance, I'm considering breaking direct on the freeways to Alices (i-80, Oakland Bay Bridge and past the airport). I have a nice route, but to be at Alice"s around 8, it seems best just to slab the morning, and enjoy a more leisurely pace down Hwy 9 to the PCH after breakfast. I even use Fast-Trak passes for the bridges. :p

~650 miles to ride that day for me. Maybe I will sleep in and just skip Alice's and head straight to Big Sur River Inn...

...if I am awake early however, I might slab it to Alice's also.

~650 miles to ride that day for me. Maybe I will sleep in and just skip Alice's and head straight to Big Sur River Inn...

...if I am awake early however, I might slab it to Alice's also.
Sacramento Guys and Tyler,

I'm planning on meeting up with you all (and I mean ALL :yahoo: ) at Alice's at 8:00, so let me know if you decide to bail out and head direct towards Big Sur.

Latest posts