April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Laurie and I just drove through Cambria this afternoon and are kicking it in San Simeon! The weather now, of course, is fantastic!

We plan to do an evening tour of Hearst Castle and get a couple rides in.

Anybody familiar with a place called "Refuge" in Carmel? Hot Springs/spa!

By Saturday we should be at the RTE waiting for you Sam!

I have done Alices three times in the last month or so, on my local group rides... I think I

might meet up with miss T in HMB..... a cup of joe at 10am sounds good.

Hey OM ! bring your cross dressing pole gazing butt by my house

around 8am?!! :blink: :eek:

I've always gone with Accuweather's forecasts and they are rarely wrong. B)

sending PM with email.. for on the ground condition updates if interested!

Weird, I am planning to be in Big Sur Sunday night on the way home from Seattle bringing my daughters car back to San Diego.

Last time I drove the same car to Seattle I stumbled into the same hotel for A FOG meeing in Eureka.

I keep following all the FJR folks. Except I am in a car..... :eek:

PoP1210_pacsouthwest.png

I believe he already has a meeting spot set with Don and Lanny.....R
Hello Pegscraper Ed, I am meeting up with Goombah, Lanny and Coldcut on the morning of Saturday, April 14 up in Santa Barbara at approximately 0730.

But I would imagine you would want to ride North with the Fallbrook Mooks on Friday night April 13, they intend to camp out somewhere in Ventura County.

"Dearest Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail (aka Dago johnny80s, Lanny and Coldcut!), Let's make this a tentative plan: Between the hours of 0700 to 0800 I'll be at the Denny's located a 3614 State Street in Santa Barbara, Californa 93105 telephone # 1-805-898-4447. It's exactly 4 hours at FJR speed to the Big Sur Inn on Hwy. One.

We should arrive at Noon. I'll be at the breakfast counter enjoying the Don Carver Cheeseburger Special, it is now featured on the menu there named after our dcarver!"
Ed I will call you this week. You are welcome to come along.
Ed, Jacquie, Juan, Lanny and Coldcut: For what it's worth (especially if it's raining!), I have a room booked at the Santa Barbara Motel 6 for Friday night 4/13; it is literally within walking distance of the Denny's Restaurant we will be at the next morning. Motel 6 Santa Barbara Location: 3505 State Street, 93105 1-805-687-5400. My Cell: 480-440-4666; if you're late!
Hey Paisano johnny80s, I'm in full agreement with Miss Tyler and puppychow Sam we will not see any rain on Saturday! If it's raining hard on Friday evening around 6pm just throw your sleeping bags on my hotel room floor, it if is just You and Lanny! If it is You, Lanny, Pegscraper Ed and Coldcut then I would suggest you 4 get your own room; the rooms run around $115 a night for that many people. I just called Rosalyn, the same gal I booked with and they still have rooms available for Friday night, 4/13.

On Saturday morning we will swing into the San Simeon State Park and quickly pop up our tents to secure a campsite for that night. Now, if you San Diego Mooks decide to bail out on the camping format then please let me know as soon as possible. Because I'll then post up here on our FJR Forum for a room mate for Saturday night, I won't even bother to drag along my camping gear.

Directions to Santa Barbara State Street Motel: Get off of Highway 101 Northbound at State Route 225 - Las Positas Road; then go right and then left and you will see the Motel 6 sign in front of you; with the Denny's Restaurant a quarter mile further down the road!

https://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_map.aspx?num=0002

https://hosted.where2getit.com/dennys/staging.html?form=driving_directions&addressline=Fallbrook%2C%20CA%20%2092028&addressline=3614%20STATE%20ST%2C%20SANTA%20BARBARA%2C%20CA%2093105&driving_directions=Go

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say that if it were anyplace else nobody would sieze up over the weather. It's only rain, It doesn't penatrate the skin and shit floats so you are all safe :p Put on the big girl panties and deal with it :D Wish I could join in.

I gotta say that if it were anyplace else nobody would sieze up over the weather. It's only rain, It doesn't penatrate the skin and shit floats so you are all safe :p Put on the big girl panties and deal with it :D Wish I could join in.
Uh Ray, you are dealing with the Southern California Group. Hello, have you never heard dj bill bitching about the rain before?

Rain? As of approximately 10:00H PDT Tuesday morning, the Weather.com forecast is calling for party cloudy on Saturday with a 20% chance of precipitation and, appropriately, Sunny on Sunday. Accuweather is forecasting sunshine on Saturday with a 2% (that's t-w-o) chance of thunderstorms and sunshine on Sunday. Friday, for those traveling the forecast is a bit wetter weather-wise with one's experience varying based on where one is coming from.