Are there any female FJR owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything south of Fort Worth is just too unexciting
Sure sounds like you didn't get around much in the 3 years you were here.

RR170 along the Rio Grand is a great road. Hill Country, the Piney Woods in the east, Ft. Davis in the summer (with it's elevation that's higher than Denver) gives a respite to the summer heat, and on and on.

If you're gonna hit OK, it needs to be far east. Nearly the entire western half of AR is nothing but good. Stay off the interstates and just follow your nose down every pig trail you can find.

Summa yew guyz needs ta goe en reed thee sexyooall harassment thread. Sheesh, whatever happend to chivalry and being a gentleman? Clever, yeah, hooboy, you betcha, clever!?!?!? Or is that, "Sly", as in, "You sly dog, you!" <_<
@FJRchik, from reading some of Bounce's ride reports, he has found some interesting roads, and IIRC, he's in the DFW area.
Funny thing you say that madmike2. I just met him today! We had a great time tellin stories and lookin at maps today. (See thread under TX regional rides) Lookin forward to some great rides this year.

I have actually done alot of riding down here. Put over 5,000 miles on my 03 FJR in the 15 months I had it. Pretty dang good considering how few I put on the first bike in over 3 years (Mentioned in previous post) and I'm a fair-weather rider. In a nutshell, the FJR has changed my life and it took sellin it and now waiting to really see how much. I'm thrilled with this bike and really enjoy this forum, (other than getting told to use the search button which takes hours when i have a question that the right person can answer in 2 seconds). I do alot of the maintenance on it myself and am always willin to learn more. And meeting more FJR riders is icing on the cake!

Hey, I'm a woman, hear me roar!  :p Anyway, I own an '05 FJR
Kewl,,,,what kind of man in his right mind might would of ever let you get away? I'd luve to have a wife I had something in common with..........like riding our FJRs together! Thats almost more than I can comprehend....

You sound like a very neat chick,,,,,you don't play golf too by any chance?
It's an old story but the ex got into the "harley lifestyle and mystique" and found himself another women who rode a harley. The only thing I have to say is I wish they had met sooner so my life would have improved alot sooner!

Golf, Nope, maybe minigolf,,, but I always believed couples should have their own interests along with common interests.

Here I am on my '05 at the dealers a couple days before I picked it up, 11/04

11-05-04BlueDragon02Crop.jpg

Here I am with my '03 Venture, Iroquois Wildlife Refuge, Oakfield, NY 3/30/05

03-30-05VentureMe02.jpg

I'm with ya Cindi! Blue is so sexy!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! Skunk is that mess behind you REALLY your Yammie dealer?? Izzat the storage room?? Parts Dept?? Showroom?? What?? Why is there a roll of TP hangin' there?? Izzit the BATHROOM?? Yikes???? :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Damn, can't believe that I missed this thread.

Hello fellow pilots, my name is Heidi. I also ride an FJR. Total riding time is just over 5 years.

My thoughts... Like her HerFJR has said. There is heat! So far it hasn't been anything that I can't handle. Actually, there's been times when I was glad the heat was there. The engine makes a wonderful hand warmer.

I swear... it feels like my bike calls me from the shed, sometimes. I love to ride. THere's nothing like it for the soul.

The Feej... muscular, nimble, fast (sometimes too fast), plain good fun! I've put about 15,500 miles on my bike since I've owned it. I've got an '04 with many a farkle... much, which were there when I bought. I've added a couple of things as "creature comforts" since I've been doing a lot of trips. I had to add some Heli Risers, Wild Bill highway pegs & a few small bling items. Hey, a girls gotta' have some sort of bling!

I'm 5'8" & about a 32" inseam. When I first started riding it, she felt pretty big. I came off of a '94 Kawi Ninja EX500 & there was a huge size difference between the two bikes... although, the riding styles were similar. I'm really glad that I learned to ride on a sport bike.

I have since become used to the sheer size. Actually there's been a time or two, once I was feeling really comfortable with this bike, where I probably got a little too cocky . Really really... I don't intend to ride over my skill level!!!! She's definitely top heavy... but manageable. I've actually gotten pretty good at duck footing it around. Even though I "just" flatfoot I still need to be careful with parking positioning.

This bike has become a slice of my life. A new world opened up & that door is likely not to ever close.

Heidi

Edited to add... I forgot to say... I live in Norfolk, VA

PS... I'm very happy that I don't have a blue bike. Not that silver is my favorite, either. If a choice between the two it'd definitely be the two tone silver. That's closer to bling! Well, in all reality... bling is in the eye of the beerholder, right?

SILVER OWNERS UNITE!!!!!

for you folks complaining about heat on the FJR - if you perform the now famous "Cromeit heat fix" and remove the rubber inserts on either side of the tank between the tank and the frame you will not have any heat issues.

Do it today.

for you folks complaining about heat on the FJR - if you perform the now famous "Cromeit heat fix" and remove the rubber inserts on either side of the tank between the tank and the frame you will not have any heat issues.
Do it today.

Got info?? Got a link?? Do tell.

Whereas heat feels good today (45 degrees) it won't feel good inna few months here in Vegas (145 degrees). :blink:

Do it today.

Got info?? Got a link?? Do tell.

Whereas heat feels good today (45 degrees) it won't feel good inna few months here in Vegas (145 degrees). :blink:
Here's the one I followed. Worked great!!!

Cromeit heat fix

WOW!! Skunk is that mess behind you REALLY your Yammie dealer?? Izzat the storage room?? Parts Dept?? Showroom?? What?? Why is there a roll of TP hangin' there?? Izzit the BATHROOM?? Yikes???? :bigeyes:  :bigeyes:
That is the area where they prep the new bikes, it's not the service area or restroom. :D Normally customers are not even allowed in this area at all, but I'm always allowed to go back there when I pick up my new bikes. Other customers have to wait out front until someone brings the bikes up to them. Hmmm, maybe the mess is why they aren't allowed back there! ;) Actually, I'm always so excited to see my new bike that I never notice the mess. :yahoo:

WOW!!... That is one SCHWEEEETTT paint job on that bike... :dribble:

Congratulate Carla from me for that great looking bike ... :)

carla.jpg

I LOVE SO CAL!!!! I was in Pasadena in October for my brother's wedding. Fell in love and would trade-in TX in a heartbeat. I got to make it to Santa Monica and take the PCH up through Malibu. Totally beautiful. I really want to get to Reno cause I have relatives there but will prolly fly and not ride. But riding Tahoe and PCH to Carmel are 2 of my biggest riding goals.
The humidity is alot better here than Minnesota. yeah, believe it, it can be very bad there. then there's the mosquitos.

anyways, i have rode down to Kerrville and around that area in Sept. 04 on my first fjr. it was great once we got there and rested overnight. must get a custom seat though cause i was dyin on the way there and back. gel pads just aren't enough. So haven't been to the gulf yet on the bike. went to padre on plane. wasn't impressed after having been to the FL keys. so that's not really on my radar anymore. Have been to Houston but not past it to the coast. I've never heard anything good about Galveston so where would u recommend?
Interesting web site you put together, great pic of yourself too, now all we need is one of you on your bike and we'll have the perfect poster for this fjrforum!

WOW!!... That is one SCHWEEEETTT paint job on that bike...  :dribble:
Congratulate Carla from me for that great looking bike ... :)
Carla also painted that bike herself. It's a flawless job, too. (She scrubbed some paint off going through some bramble which is why she painted the stripes on...) All of the black panels have been painted silver (she hates black!).

Damn, can't believe that I missed this thread.
Hello fellow pilots, my name is Heidi. I also ride an FJR. Total riding time is just over 5 years.

My thoughts... Like her HerFJR has said. There is heat! So far it hasn't been anything that I can't handle. Actually, there's been times when I was glad the heat was there. The engine makes a wonderful hand warmer.

I swear... it feels like my bike calls me from the shed, sometimes. I love to ride. THere's nothing like it for the soul.

The Feej... muscular, nimble, fast (sometimes too fast), plain good fun! I've put about 15,500 miles on my bike since I've owned it. I've got an '04 with many a farkle... much, which were there when I bought. I've added a couple of things as "creature comforts" since I've been doing a lot of trips. I had to add some Heli Risers, Wild Bill highway pegs & a few small bling items. Hey, a girls gotta' have some sort of bling!

I'm 5'8" & about a 32" inseam. When I first started riding it, she felt pretty big. I came off of a '94 Kawi Ninja EX500 & there was a huge size difference between the two bikes... although, the riding styles were similar. I'm really glad that I learned to ride on a sport bike.

I have since become used to the sheer size. Actually there's been a time or two, once I was feeling really comfortable with this bike, where I probably got a little too cocky . Really really... I don't intend to ride over my skill level!!!! She's definitely top heavy... but manageable. I've actually gotten pretty good at duck footing it around. Even though I "just" flatfoot I still need to be careful with parking positioning.

This bike has become a slice of my life. A new world opened up & that door is likely not to ever close.

Heidi

Edited to add... I forgot to say... I live in Norfolk, VA
Could you give us a link to that wild bill foot pegs and possibly a photo where you placed it?

Interesting web site you put together, great pic of yourself too, now all we need is one of you on your bike and we'll have the perfect poster for this fjrforum!
awwwww! why thank you sir! :blushing: