Audiovox Cruise Control-Problem Solved?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, but mine just kicks in when I hit set, just like a car...
Mine is close. But apparently not as sensitive as yours; after all mine IS the Prunieville version :rolleyes:
If there is engagement delay on flat roads it is almost always excess slack in the AVCC actuator cable & bead chain. There should be as little slack as possible without impeding with the throttle from returning to the idle-stop position.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is engagement delay on flat roads it is almost always excess slack in the AVCC actuator cable & bead chain. There should be as little slack as possible without impeding with the throttle from returning to the idle-stop position.
Excellent tip - thank-you. Next time I go in I'll check it. Wouldn't you know I just did a TBS & plugs last weekend!

I would agree.... Goldwings had a terrible lag, mine included, and the cure was to adjust the cables. They were adjustable, but it took someone to dig into it and get the word out.

I'm partially through the install, but will recheck the slack and perhaps lube the cable. I also shortened the blue wire and tapped in at the ECU.

I have follow the cc instalation for some time now and want to thank all involved in making it work. my buddy who owns an st1300 and i decided on one day to hot to ride to dive into it. we decided that we did not need a reserve vac source is for vw and harleys. I did the under the seat install followed everthing from here to the T. It took a total of 6hrs start to finish.Set the cc with 1-4-7 on and like others worked ok on flat but kicked off on hills,went back turnen 7 to off and have gone prob 3000 mi since works perfect.I read all my speeds off gps and on freeways varies 1 mph is all,on a big hill maybe 3mph then comes back to speed and stays there.I live in Oregon City Oregon and love my cc, i use it everywhere thanks to all

After weeks of head bashing my cruise now works!!!! Thanks for all the great posts. My servo is under the right fairing with canister under seat. I used all four ports for vacuum with check valves. I left the blue wire at factory length and attached to gray/red wire at coil. The magic was switching DP #7 to OFF. Steady speed +/- 1 mph up and down hills.

After weeks of head bashing my cruise now works!!!! Thanks for all the great posts. My servo is under the right fairing with canister under seat. I used all four ports for vacuum with check valves. I left the blue wire at factory length and attached to gray/red wire at coil. The magic was switching DP #7 to OFF. Steady speed +/- 1 mph up and down hills.
good news Miles

will help save your clutch hand... :dribble:

thanks to all that have worked this, i am going to stop by summit on the way home from the gfs next week and get a cc. think i got a handle on everything except where to mount it under the tank. i just got an 08 ae so any help on this and how to mount my zumo on this bike would be helpfull.

tnx

jim

thanks to all that have worked this, i am going to stop by summit on the way home from the gfs next week and get a cc. think i got a handle on everything except where to mount it under the tank. i just got an 08 ae so any help on this and how to mount my zumo on this bike would be helpfull.tnx

jim
my GPS ram ball mount is the one that bolts to the front of the clutch clamp with the clamp's two bolts

3229123863_719485fcc3.jpg

other choices are to use the hole in the clutch clamp where a mirror might screw in on another bike

or a stem mount which replaces the big nut in the top, middle of the triple clamps between the vertical of the handlebars

https://www.ram-mount.com/products/motorcycles.htm

Hope this helps and Best of Luck (any help ya need, Jim, just ask via email - mholiver at patriotguard dot org)

Mike in Nawlins'