BBG Attempt - starting tonight!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the BBG! I'll be riding my first on the way to Denver next month.

Dropped my packet in the mail to the IBA today - fingers crossed that I don't get dinged too hard on the missing location information on that MO gas stop...

And it's official!

After waiting patiently for months for the IBA to certify my ride, I was thrilled to come home today and find a package addressed to me.

After spending 10 minutes carefully opening the heavily-taped package, I happily read:

Looks like I have a new bike project for the winter - swapping out the license plate backing for this!!!

Although it was a long wait, it was totally worth it. I appreciate the diligence the IBA puts into certifying rides.

The most interesting thing from my perspective is odometer error. The IBA mileage came in at 1562. Plenty of cushion over the 1500. My odometer came in at 1580 or so. Just goes to show you, map carefully, run GPS if you can, and always presume you're going to have to ride farther than your motorcycle thinks.

Happy winter to all!

Be sure to frame that certificate and hang it in a conspicuous place.
Most definitely! I'll hang it next to a few other certs in my office - always makes for an interesting conversation starter when students come to office hours...

You are now one of the few.
punk.gif