Bike Week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be anything FJR related going on at bike week? By that I mean maybe some company there doing installs of things. I'd love to have a few things done to the bike but would rather have it done by someone who has some experience rather than me with 5 thumbs on one hand :)

Thanks

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you mean Bike Week or Puke Week? Probably one in the same for many. Sorry, just had to point that out. It is Friday after all.
Sorry...I really need to look over what I type before I hit the send button !! but it could be one in the same :)

Anyone know if there will be anything FJR related going on at bike week? By that I mean maybe some company there doing installs of things. I'd love to have a few things done to the bike but would rather have it done by someone who has some experience rather than me with 5 thumbs on one hand :)
Thanks

Gary
Unless it's chrome and not designed to go on something that will run constantly and comfortably at 100 mph+, don't count on it. Bike Week is for the show, not the go.

Thanks

Gary
Unless it's chrome and not designed to go on something that will run constantly and comfortably at 100 mph+, don't count on it. Bike Week is for the show, not the go.

Very true....I've been 6 times over the years (of course I've owned 3 Harleys also) and keep saying I'm not going back. Had no plans on going this year but got a call from a friend who I get with a few times a year to ride (we live about 500 miles apart) who said he wants to go (never been) so I said OK, lets go. If you have never gone you need to..it is a blast the first time. Way to much traffic, loud pipes and rich guys who think they are biker's but it's fun to go and just watch the show. Going to the speedway if fun because every thing that is not Harley is there and a good chance to see almost every vendor and look at stuff. Also you would be suprised...it's still for the most part a Harley thing but a growing number of VERY custom metric cruisers and sport bikes. I've seen GXR's and Busa's that are a work of art so there really is something for everyone....but the traffic and loud bikes still suck!!

Gary

Gary

While the majority of the Daytona Bikeweek festivities are centered around the chrome and leather crowd, there is usually a pretty good sport oriented display & vendors at the Daytona Speedway along with the AMA races. Probably no one doing installs; just stuff for sale.

I am trying to sneak in a day trip down, but nothing solid yet.

-wr

While the majority of the Daytona Bikeweek festivities are centered around the chrome and leather crowd, there is usually a pretty good sport oriented display & vendors at the Daytona Speedway along with the AMA races. Probably no one doing installs; just stuff for sale.

-wr

Becareful man, they can smell the speed, power, handling and, performance on some one a mile away. It aggravates them in the same way Buck Lure does to male deer. They may start ruttin' and attack.

Watch your back Marine.

I thought it was known as trailer week.

Or as my ex neighbor who was a Harley owner used to say, W.H.O.R.E week. We Haul Our Rides Everywhere.

Don't want to risk the brakedown.

The last time I was there GIVI had someone installing bags as you wait. I try to go for the demo rides. They don't go very fast but you get an idea how some of the new bikes ride. Get there early though.

This is way to funny W.H.O.R.E. never even heard of that but god it is so true . I have some friends (yes i have friends)that own harleys that ride them everywhere they never put their bikes on trailers.

But they sure get mad when i ride with them and blow there doors off. And when we pull into a parking lot and people look at my bike instead of their 25 thousand dollar chrome dome .

But man would i love to go to daytona just for the fun of it never been .

I guess i live to far north in northern maine and work to much . :rolleyes:

The last time I was there GIVI had someone installing bags as you wait. I try to go for the demo rides. They don't go very fast but you get an idea how some of the new bikes ride. Get there early though.
2 yrs ago I bought my GIVI there. They offered to put it on, so I let them. A lot of other venders will install also. Speedway is probably the best place for farkles for anything other than curuiser items.

-wr

Becareful man, they can smell the speed, power, handling and, performance on some one a mile away. It aggravates them in the same way Buck Lure does to male deer. They may start ruttin' and attack.

Watch your back Marine.
I thought I'd do something completely out side the box; ride my harley to Daytona. Thank way I could blend in... Like stealth mode...

Not any more. Last time I went there was one solitary tent by Daytona USA and the 4 big manufacturers plus Moto Guzzi offering demo rides. Givi wasn't there, and everything was the usual Tourmaster/HJC/KBC/Joe Rocket crap you can get in any dealership any day of the week.

I'm not going to bother to go, and I live in Orlando. Being able to try on stuff that was available only during Bike Week was the big attraction for me.

When you've seen one lawyer that doesn't know how to work a clutch on a Harley and wobble away from a stoplight, you've seen them all.

Not any more. Last time I went there was one solitary tent by Daytona USA and the 4 big manufacturers plus Moto Guzzi offering demo rides. Givi wasn't there, and everything was the usual Tourmaster/HJC/KBC/Joe Rocket crap you can get in any dealership any day of the week.

I'm not going to bother to go, and I live in Orlando. Being able to try on stuff that was available only during Bike Week was the big attraction for me.

When you've seen one lawyer that doesn't know how to work a clutch on a Harley and wobble away from a stoplight, you've seen them all.

You are pretty much right. I went last year and noticed less vendors at the Speedway than in years past. I had no plans on going but 2 of my good friends who I only get to see once or twice a year want to go for the first time and I'm going just to get to ride/visit with them. We will have a good time (I remember the 1st time I went..I had a blast just watching all the bikes/people). I hope this year will be better. I really like going around to all the vendors and looking at stuff. gives you a chance to see things in person.

Gary

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I just noticed your avatar! NSR750 piston and rods. Very cool! Oh btw if it was in Oct. they never have much at Daytona. March is when all the vendors are there!

Latest posts