Chernobyl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you all just wrong...I just happen to know that they even do organized rides through there; in fact, here's the guy that leads the group:

drno.jpg

Jim,

I'd heard of it, too... must be some cool ride B)

Stef

PS: ...but make it quick and don't forget your headgear

zpGas2-a.jpg

She's got pictures in front of the plant with her in them, within the city with her in them. But it's a fake story?

Ripples seems to have some kind of ax to grind (no offence axman!) about tours in the Chernobyl area. It seems that the parts of Elena's story that are true aren't false, and some of the true parts are staged and much is glued together with, ahem, story telling. The first time the slashdot web site opened in 2004 the story was better than it is today. Here is one site that has a more impartial take on Elena's story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps outright hoax is too strong. "Fictionalized account" perhaps might be more accurate. Various reports and alleged statements litter the Internet including supposed statements by the LA Times that it's a hoax.....yet one can't find that account first-hand.

Several sources that my personal, uncalibrated, and unscientific BS-o-meter suggest is probably closest to the truth. Here and here.

Perhaps the best myths are those that don't have definitive yes and no's. :glare: