Confirmation of 1st Valve Adjustment Interval

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a 2008 FJR at just under 16K miles. I called to request an appointment for the 16,000-mile service at the local service folks and they stated that the valves would need to be examined/adjusted. It was my understanding the valves were not looked at until 26.5K miles. So I am a bit puzzled by the requirement stated by said local service dealer. I started poking around on the web- service intervals seem to be stated as X miles or X years (whichever comes first). Based on this, the valves would be done at ~3.25 years, which since my bike is a 2008, I have hit this time point. But it does not make sense to me to do the valves based on time.

Anyway...

What it the 1st valve adjustment interval?

Does time come into play, if you have not hit the specified miles?

Grazi Mates. Mucho appreciated.

Scott
Howdy,
I used to ride BMWs, Then the dealer started gouging. me for $1,000.00 for the major services at 24K, 36K miles. One mile after the 36K service I sold the bike through the dealership, but they gouged me one last time, to sell the bike they charged me $400.00 to replace the battery. My advice is to dump the dealership that told you to have the valves checked at 16,000 miles and never go back FOR ANYTHING!
Ride Safe,
Tom Buckley