Delkevic exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are still performing well.......only issue I had was the midpipes has small "dings" in them, just one or two dime size or smaller "dings".

I called Delkavic and they sent me another set........same dings........sent me another set........same dings.

Evidently they put the midpipes in a vice of sorts to bend the pipe and in the process also ding them a bit.

They're not really noticable unless you look close but they're there.

Other than that they sound great and you can make em LOUDER if you want to take out the baffles (just a screw).

Morning All!

Put a set on my '13 and love them! Was very easy to put on and sounds sweet. A little louder than the "sewing machine" sound from the oem cans but definately not loud. Have not pulled the baffle out as I like it on the quiet side. I bought the 18" Tri-oval version and really like the way they compliment the looks of my FJR!

For $400.00 shipped I think they are a great value!
punk.gif

I just received and put on my 17 inch tri-oval stainless steel pipes and really like them. As for the complaints others have talked about:

Clamps, mine work fine with no issues. I did slide them up to clamp better though.

Gaskets, mine came out easily using a small thin flat blade screwdriver. Note, the gaskets will deform, but don't worry about that, they still seal great.

Center stand hangs down 2 inches. Mine fit fine. Maybe all the feedback made them do it right.

You need to buy nuts for the exhaust hanger bolts. Not true, just bend the little tang out of the way and the old nuts drop right out.

You need to buy exhaust silicone. Mine came with a tube!

Dents in the exhaust feeder pipes. Didn't notice any, and don't care anyhow about a little ding.

Well, in a nut shell I am very happy. The sound is good but not overly loud. I may take out the inserts to see if I like that better. Sewing machine sound GONE!

Now to install that NIB Audiovox cruise control I scored on Ebay for cheap that even included a vacuum tank!

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the baffles and inserted 1/4 inch chrome plug buttons into the vacant holes. I love the sound now, but it may be too much for those that do not wear ear plugs. Not loud like a Hardley or a fully riced out GSXR, but nice.

Damn those pipes look Mavilous! Notice my new to me seats?

20131018_164345_zps3de67e4d.jpg

20131018_164259_zpscd6bf5d9.jpg

20131018_164323_zpsbc73cdf4.jpg

Anybody tried the mini 8" pipes? Those have caught my eye but afraid they'll cook the bags and sound like a coffee can...

I mean does the angle of the top line of the pipe match the rake angle of the bottom of the bag if viewed from the side like so:

35501_1.jpg

35501_6.jpg

Just installed a set of the 17 inch carbon fiber triangular Delkevics. Short answer I LOVE the sound. Low tones, not loud at all and a surprising increase in power. Hit it in first gear and surprised at how much power there was. Will post pics tmrw and report out after riding all day tomorrow.

Just fitted the 350mm carbon ovals to mine. Looks good on my black bike. Had to send one can back to Delkevic as I wasn't happy with the finish on it. Easy to fit, sounds no different to the standard cans to me although a friend who I ride with said they sounded noisier. Might be my ears but I couldn't even hear them when we swapped bikes when out on a ride!

Having too much fun riding to give an update. The delkevics are perfect for me. Baffles in, a very nice low rumble just a bit louder than stock. Definitely will not bother me on a long ride as the sound disappears over 40 mph or so. I did run them for a short trip with baffles out. Not nearly as loud as my wife's Roadstar with Vance and Hines, but louder than I want to have. And they would be too loud for a long trip. The carbon fiber does not seem to retain any heat at all.

Did not have any fit or finish issues. So far very happy.