Dunlop Qualifier Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamelBill

Reaction score
Anybody tried the Dunlop Qualifiers on an FJR? Wear and traction thoughts/experience would be appreciated? Cycle Gear has them on sale for $199 a pair
smile.png

I had seen that too...I don't think they'd last very longon the FJR. You can get a set of PR2's for another 60 bucks or so

If it's soft rubber you're after Pilot Power and Conti Motion have been used on the FJR and they're also relatively inexpensive. They don't last long but will stick to winter road twisties. I've used both and the rears are only good for around 2k miles, the front 3-4ish. I'm a tire abuser though so you might do better. Pilot Powers are on my bike now.

For softer winter/twisty tires I'm partial to Shinko Advance 005. I can get them locally at a Honda shop for $80 front/$95 rear and if I show up with just wheels it's only $46 to mount and balance the pair. They don't last long, 4-6k, but they stick like glue even in the wet.

For normal riding I like Pirelli Angels. IMHO they're a good all-round slab and twisty tire.

I used Qualifiers on my ZRX, and simply loved them for aggressive, twisty riding. But a set would only go about 2000 miles. I'm now using RoadSmarts, and they'll go about 4000 miles on the same bike.

So, if that experience translates to the FJR, expect about half the mileage you get from a good sport touring tire.

Good news, though. They're soft and quite easy to mount
tonguesmiley.gif

New Qualifiers were mounted on my used FJR when I bought it. 5k miles and I switched to Bridgestone 023s They (Qualifiers) were good while they lasted but I need 10k miles out of a set and both Bridgestone and Michelin pr2 or 3s deliver.