EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to know if the hotels in West Ginnie have plumbing.

Do we need to bring supplies?
250px-Toiletpapier_(Gobran111).jpg

I just want to know if the hotels in West Ginnie have plumbing.
Do we need to bring supplies?
250px-Toiletpapier_(Gobran111).jpg
Ya know Presidents of this here cuntry and the Congress as well have been going to resorts and springs of that area of West by God VirGinnie for many a moon. Everyone knows they don't know their nether regions from a hole in the ground so you best bring a truck load of those important papers.

I wouldn't count so much on seeing an off-broadway show or anything like that, though.

How far off broadway? The Year Round
Professional Theater of West Virginia and the little Carnegie Hall (yeah by the same original benefactor as the big un) downtown less than two miles from target motel and the American Heritage Music Hall, co-winner of the 2006 Spirit of West Virginia Award less than 10 miles away.

I'm with ya!....Lewisburg WV(now that I know which state) is 316 miles from home! And I've always wanted to tour "The Bunker" :clapping:  

Where do I sign up?
:dribble:

You don't have to sign up, just show up Sun @ 1 pm -
Bunker Tour :D

Danggg, musical productions and bunker tours! Learned two new things tonight! Do we have the artsy fartsy amongst Feej riders?

And as far as the toilet paper???? GOD, I hope we got that! Drip dry on women isn't the same as on guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice there Heidi! :)
I am very tempted. I haven't been to an EOM yet...but maybe this year!
C'mon down Mark. It's not terribly further than Canaan was this past summer. I'll bet there'll be others coming down that you could meet up & ride with. Riding WV is some awesome riding... which you've already tasted. How 'bout that Smokehole Road?

Good choice there Heidi! :)

I am very tempted. I haven't been to an EOM yet...but maybe this year!
C'mon down Mark. It's not terribly further than Canaan was this past summer. I'll bet there'll be others coming down that you could meet up & ride with. Riding WV is some awesome riding... which you've already tasted. How 'bout that Smokehole Road?
Yeah, you don't have to twist my arm - that's for sure! Good on you for taking up the mantle - hope all is well with you in VA. :)

Sensitivity training.

Ok people planning to enter God's country next fall. My family in Kentucky has informed me of some changes.

[SIZE=14pt]"Just keeping you posted so you will not embarrass yourself.[/SIZE]

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky will no longer be Referred to as "HILLBILLIES."

You must now refer to us as: APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

Thank you!

Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry :)

Ricky"

Heidi, are we staying at the Greenbrier?! :dribble: ...otherwise I' gonna have to shell out $30.00 to tour "The Bunker"......something our tax dollars were used to build.

Greenbrier doesn't post their rates online!!! Me thinks a bit pricey???

And has anyone volunteered to be an appalachian translator for our group yet? :D

Heidi, are we staying at the Greenbrier?! :dribble: ...otherwise I' gonna have to shell out $30.00 to tour "The Bunker"......something our tax dollars were used to build.
Greenbrier doesn't post their rates online!!! Me thinks a bit pricey???

And has anyone volunteered to be an appalachian translator for our group yet? :D
No on the Greenbrier. Hoping to find decent rates elsewhere & haven't finished w/ negotiating, yet.

There'll be some folks that'll be there 4 nights. Hoping to find reasonability w/ pricing. Will get back to everyone on this topic... promise!

Heidi,

Wild, Wonderful West Virginia sounds great. I've haven't been too active on the Forum lately. Have been dealing with some health issues. Got out for a short ride last Sunday afternoon.

When its time, I'm certainly available to scout some rides.

Heidi,
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia sounds great. I've haven't been too active on the Forum lately. Have been dealing with some health issues. Got out for a short ride last Sunday afternoon.

Hope everythings alright with your health Gary, I'm looking forward to some more WV twisties in 07.

Heidi,

I hope to hear that the case of the health issues is going well Gary. Uhhhh, is it spring yet? :D

First, I just wanted to say thanks to Heidi for being a ringleader here. Mucho appreciated.

Shoot, if you got some of plans together or should I say working on it, I can help with keeping an eye on your beer, er, for security sake, you see, ? :smokin: j/k :)

Seriously, if I can help with being one of the pack leaders or provide appalachian translation services, let me know.

You's guys are funny. Entertainment huh? Maybe I should look into having naked women serving drinks while we kick tires & bench race (aka bullshittin' & lying) in the parking lot?
Or maybe hire some semi-naked dancers to pose in the group FJR photo? For sure, that'd be a first at any of the meets.

BUT SERIOUSLY:

As far as entertainment, when I finish talks w/ the target hotel I'll be sure to post up a link to the Lewisburg, WV Chamber Of Commerce & whoever is interested in finding alternate forms of entertainment or lodging can do so. I have been busy with personal family health issues & haven't finished the hotel part so please give me a break where time is concerned. After all, it's not even Christmas yet.

I realize there are people that need to make vacation plans in advance. I think that it's safe to use the third weekend in September 2007 for planning purposes starting on that Friday. So meet time is Friday, Saturday, Sunday go home on Monday the 3rd weekend of September. If people want to arrive Thursday night & ride all day Friday there will be enough planned routes to go around unless you want to wing it... & believe me, there are plenty of good roads around to wing a day ride. I'll probably get there on Thursday, myself. I don't have a calendar in front of me to quote the actual day #'s but that is the weekend I'll be shooting for.

For those interested in alternate entertainment, they will be responsible for finding their own amusements. That is unless there is an attendee who'd like to be the whipping person for formal entertainment plans. I do believe the area supports some different types of stuff to do. I wouldn't count so much on seeing an off-broadway show or anything like that, though.

Jim & I plan to find a decent hotel w/ reasonable rates, make ride plans/routes, get a gathering spot for our giveaways & plan a FJR family dinner. There will probably be some other things mixed in there... like t-shirts, door prizes & such... But basically that is what we plan on doing. There is no chores added or subtracted from previous year's planning... BUT as time grows closer who knows what might pop up. Maybe a good spot for having lunch, etc.

Anyway, I think that it's safe to say that the 3rd weekend in September... Friday, Saturday & Sunday & go home on Monday are good for planning. I'll insert dates in here when I've got some.

Heidi
Ok, that turns out to be Sept 14, 15 and 16...correct?

I'll just follow along at the end of the pack... I learned how to ride in the flatlands... gotta learn how to do twisties...<G>

I just hope the Triumph EOM isnt' the same weekend! Pat makes the best beer I've ever had.... that alone made buying the Triumph worth it! :D

Mary

Yes Mary, September 14, 15 & 16, 2007. Hope to see that you can make it.

Was thinking of attending but I was wondering if it's ok to bring my son along...He rides a Honda 750 Nighthawk...Do you have to own an FJR?