EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokehole is w/in range of L'burg on a long loop north, good riding enroute as well, takes about 3 hrs, less if luvtoride leads!

cota95,

Please note luvtoride's independent assessment of Rt 16.

Sooo many good roads, sooo little time. :yahoo:

Smokehole is w/in range of L'burg on a long loop north, good riding enroute as well, takes about 3 hrs, less if luvtoride leads!
cota95,

Less than 3 hours if I lead? Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!?!? I only travel 10 MPH over the posted speed limit! Uh, most of the time, anyway.

cota95,

16 is already mapped in for the ride home, right after Shady Valley and the snake.

I rode 33 from Seneca Rock to Elkins to get to a motel on the way to EOM last year. Super road! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
cota95,

16 is already mapped in for the ride home, right after Shady Valley and the snake.

I rode 33 from Seneca Rock to Elkins to get to a motel on the way to EOM last year. Super road! :D
Cota, you going north on the way home? Besides Smokehole Rd in the northern part of the state, I highly recommend Howards Lick Rd. Howards Lick runs directly thru Lost River State Park. If you're interested, I'll look up a more detailed description of it for you.

Heidi

You guys just gotta stop all this dirty talk! All these must-do twisty roads on the other end of Banjo Land. Me so horny!!!

I gotta go ride!

:blink:

You guys just gotta stop all this dirty talk! All these must-do twisty roads on the other end of Banjo Land. Me so horny!!!I gotta go ride!

:blink:
Something tells me that you don't need twisty roads to make you so horny. :rolleyes:

[Cota, you going north on the way home? Besides Smokehole Rd in the northern part of the state, I highly recommend Howards Lick Rd. Howards Lick runs directly thru Lost River State Park. If you're interested, I'll look up a more detailed description of it for you.

Heidi

Heidi, you don't need to look up anything.....based on my experiences as a 65 year old man, I believe I already have a vision as to what Howards Lick must look like!

Grumpy jim

:rolleyes:

cota95,

Less than 3 hours if I lead? Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!?!? I only travel 10 MPH over the posted speed limit! Uh, most of the time, anyway.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :p

I am hoping to get in on my first EOM!
Will there be a convoy going down from New England?

Bob
I'll be going down from Rhode Island.
Same offer stands from last year. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip this year.
Trying to get the vacation time right. If a group rides down from NE, would it be one day down the highway :( or 2 days with back roads? :D

What do we think?

What was last years offer Randy?

What was last years offer Randy?
George (COTA95) trailered his and his sons bikes down to my house in Mechanicsburg, PA, parked the trailer here, then rode the rest of the way. Lewisburg is about 300 miles from me.

I'm in the Catskills and will probably head towards Scranton, PA and work my way down from there. The trip can be done in one day if you slab it, but the back roads are worth the extra day if you have the time. I won't know for sure if I'm going to have the extra day until I see how much vacation time I use up this summer.

Bob
Same offer stands from last year. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip this year.
Thanks for the offer Randy. I'll let you know as we get closer to the date. Perhaps we can hook up and ride down the rest of the way in any case.

Bob
Thanks for the offer Randy. I'll let you know as we get closer to the date. Perhaps we can hook up and ride down the rest of the way in any case.
Sorry, I don't know how to post without getting a "quote". There are several places for "ride ins" in West Virginia. I also belong to a touring club, and we meet in the fall for a fall foilage run. 2 places that come to mind are the Cannan Valley State Park,where we were last year. And relatively close to that area is the Marlinton Motor Lodge in Marlinton. My wife and I make a annual ride down there, usually a week after one of the big motorcycle rallys are there. I know there are 3, HOG, BMW riders, and a all brands at various times of the year. Very motorcycle friendly and the area has plenty of sites to see and great roads to ride. Truely getting to these areas is half the fun. Snowshoe resort is close and has some spectacular views, have rode there, but never stayed. It's first class though. Cool, even in the summer.

Sorry, I don't know how to post without getting a "quote".

Just click on the "Add reply" button on the bottom right of the page, not "Reply" in the last message

272 Scenic Miles to Lewisburg, sounds like a great time.

666 miles from CT to Lewisburg. Hmm, that's a bad number, I may have to reroute. And, the SO says she's up for the ride! Vacation is in and approved. Its a go at this point!

My only problem is the first day going down and the last day coming home is just slab. YUCK!

Greetings all

I am a reasonably new member of the forum who currently is playing the waiting game. Never heard of the EOM before. Like to never have figured out what EOM stands for--thank you Google. Sounds like a lot of you have contributed a lot of work over the years putting this on. You have picked a great area to hold it for 07. Have driven U.S.60 thru the area and am looking forward to trying the FJR there. A bunch of us Kentucky Appalachian-Americans did our spring ride last year out of Breaks Interstate Park which is not all that far from Lewisburg. Good people and good riding. If I can help in any way just let me know. I look forward to putting faces to forum names if you all will allow a reformed cruiser rider to attend.