EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLHX, Your son would be more than welcome at EOM. Last year there were several friends and family members that weren't on FJR's.

Hope you make it, It was a great time last year!! :)

-jwilly

Was thinking of attending but I was wondering if it's ok to bring my son along...He rides a Honda 750 Nighthawk...Do you have to own an FJR?
By all means, bring him along. There will be groups of people there that ride very fast and others that are more likely to stick to the posted speed limit. Something for everyone.

Was thinking of attending but I was wondering if it's ok to bring my son along...He rides a Honda 750 Nighthawk...Do you have to own an FJR?
+1 on bringing him. I went last year with my son (who was new to the FJR with one month under his belt) and we had a great time doing our own thing and kicking tires at night in the parking lot.

Sounds like a great time , so we are going to do our best to be there. Should be a nice ride down from Long Island.

Sounds like a great time , so we are going to do our best to be there. Should be a nice ride down from Long Island.
Let me know your plans when the time gets closer and maybe we can hook up on the way down. I'm coming from Rhode island.

Will do ...You might have to remind me though cause I have a lousy memory..LOL I also have another friend who has an 07 and is awaiting delivery soon who would like to come.

Will do ...You might have to remind me though cause I have a lousy memory..LOL I also have another friend who has an 07 and is awaiting delivery soon who would like to come.

yes that would be me!! i'm still waiting for my '07. the dealer said second, or third week in january. the factory is closed this week, and next, so they won't be shipped till after the first of the year. i'm supposed to get the first bike from this dealer coming in. they only ordered three bikes, one A, and two AE's

i'm looking foward to the EOM '07.

chiefj48

yes that would be me!! i'm still waiting for my '07. the dealer said second, or third week in january. the factory is closed this week, and next, so they won't be shipped till after the first of the year. i'm supposed to get the first bike from this dealer coming in. they only ordered three bikes, one A, and two AE's

chiefj48
Chiefj48, you have now entered the elite club of waiters. A large number of us have been in your shoes. I ordered my 06' in December of 05' and and picked it up in May 06. My 04' was ordered in March 03 and delivered in September. One tip. Do not beleive anything they say about delivery dates, they haven't got a friggin clue! :clapping:

chiefj48
Chiefj48, you have now entered the elite club of waiters. A large number of us have been in your shoes. I ordered my 06' in December of 05' and and picked it up in May 06. My 04' was ordered in March 03 and delivered in September. One tip. Do not beleive anything they say about delivery dates, they haven't got a friggin clue! :clapping:

hey cota95,

well it's winter here, as you know!!! so i doesn't matter if it doesn't come in till march, or april. i've bought a few farkles, and plan on getting a few more while i wait.

chiefj48

Any news on firm dates for EOM 07 yet? I need to put in for some vacation days and need to get the request in ASAP. Had a great time at EOM 06 and looking forward to this year's event.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH W. Virginni.

220W into Vir. great road.

Smokehole road, tight narrow. No traffic but leave lots of room between riders.

W.V. has great roads.

I'm in.

I am hoping to get in on my first EOM!

Lewisburg is a hoot for me. There used to be an annual meeting of all the CEO's from all of the major corporations in the country along with government officials. They would fly into Greenbriar(?) Airport and we would shuttle them up to the Greenbriar Hotel with helicopters. They would stay up there for 2-3 days and we would bring them back down to their airplanes so they could go home. Sometimes we would get fogged in and have to drive them up the mountain. Awesome road. Posted speed of 50 and you were hard pressed to go that fast.

At the Greenbriar Resort there would be a line of new cars for them to "TRY" out if they wanted to. Corvette, Porsche, Lincoln, etc. The Greenbriar Resort started out as a hospital during the civil war (?) and was later converted to the government hideaway with the underground bunker to house and feed them in case of nuclear attack. I am interested in seeing that!

Anyway, glad I found this thread and thanks to those taking the lead. Now to put in for vacation time. Will there be a convoy going down from New England?

Bob

W.V. has great roads.

I'm in.

Smokehole Rd is a favorite of mine. It's very north of Lewisburg, though. I'm not sure if it'll be incorporated into any of the route plans.

For sure, Jim (spklbuk) will be concocting some fine rides, though.

FYI.... Rte 16 ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see an EOM in the northeast, but also agree that the folks that do most of the organizing work get to pick the place. I plan to head west from NJ to the WFO in Utah this year and that next year's WFO (2008) is to be a NATIONAL gathering. If not, I'd be willing to help organize a northeast venue for EOM '08.

W.V. has great roads.

I'm in.

Smokehole Rd is a favorite of mine. It's very north of Lewisburg, though. I'm not sure if it'll be incorporated into any of the route plans.

For sure, Jim (spklbuk) will be concocting some fine rides, though.

FYI.... Rte 16 ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!
Where is Smokehole road? I'm going down to the Dragon in May and coming home thru WV.

Where is Smokehole road? I'm going down to the Dragon in May and coming home thru WV.
Smokehole Road is a county road that run roughly north to south. It's northern entrance is about 5 miles+/- west of Petersburg, WV off of the east/west portion of WV 28/55. It is east of the north/south portion of WV 28/55 and west of US 220. It's southern exit veers east and dead ends into US220. The southern end of Smokehole road is about 2 1/2 miles due east of Seneca Rocks if that helps.

It is on p.38 of the WV Gazetteer.

Oh, and just know that people have gone down on Smokehole road...it will bite you if you let it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts