EOM 2012 Website & Registration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just signed up, bringing my son again. Arriving early(Tues) staying late(Mon) see everyone there. :yahoo:
Well good, cause I just signed up too! :yahoo: I hope you're bringing that there Super Tenere' with you? :clapping:
Yeah...but who will be riding it this year, Mike or his son?
I'm thinking it could be me on one of those rides! :clapping: I'm more than willing to swap for a day....or two...or?? :lol:

A quick update on the hotel.

The hotel has released the balance of our room block back to the front desk for regular sales. They have rooms right now, but will be filling up. If you're on the fence about going to EOM, I suggest you make reservations now. You can always cancel them if you end up not going.

Wayne

Tim has FJR now as his daily transportation(truck is sick again)so I'm rideing S10 almost every day since we really didn't have much of a winter this year. So when we go on trips I let him ride S10 that way I have no worries and he has no room to complain when I take one of my creative short cuts. We did several of those at SFO this year and I have plans for some good ones just getting to EOM this time. The plan is to ride out early Sat 15th to Petersburg Wv all back roads of coarse & staying at a B&B. SUN the plan is to ride all of Skyline Parkway and then BlueRidge down to Roanoke. Mon cutting over to Burks Garden out the South end back up some back roads to get most of the good section of 16 between Tazewell AND Marion then over to Atkins for the night. Tues more 16 to Laurel Valley rd,(sr603)to 58 east to 89 south to Blue Ridge to Hendersonville. The rest not planned yet waiting to see routes posted but might do rest of Blue Ridge to Cherokee & Cherahala Skyway Wed. So we are Really hopeing the weather gods will be good to us this year.

WOW. I just saw the routes that the team has posted up on the EOM website. :yahoo:

That is some incredible work by all you guys...a lot of work! THANKS from one of your attendees. :clapping:

You guys did an outstanding job!

Nope. Holiday, remember? Just downloading some awesome routes and double checking with my gps preferences with the map shown on the site.

That, and it's too hot right now to take off my front forks to put in some new fork oil...so spying over your shoulder for routes....look awesome! :clapping:

boy, put something out there for 3 seconds to check for formatting and wheaty's all over it. Not much going on in Illinois today??

Yes, Lee & Jeff have knocked it out of the park!

WOW. I just saw the routes that the team has posted up on the EOM website. :yahoo:

ARRGH! Technology is passing me by.

I had NO trouble downloading routes for EOM 2011 or Breaks. EOM 2012 page says that the routes can be downloaded to Mapsource. No luck here. It doesn't specify any difference between doing it in MS or Basecamp. I downloaded Basecamp but no luck getting them off the web even with BC. I do get part of a message saying that my browser doesn't support all Google Doc functions. Do I really HAVE to download Chrome? I can't even preview the Google maps of the routes without the map seizing up and getting all spaghetti-ish. Is this because my DSL is slow? Can somebody's 12 year old kid please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I started my career as an auto mechanic in the early 80's when electronic engine controls were just taking over. I remember the old timers cursing the the new stuff and me thinking "move out of the way you old dinosaur".

Now I know how they felt (karmatic payback?).

EGR, after treatment and DPF are taking all the fun out of diesels. Mutiplex and CANBUS on everything with wheels are making my DVOM as obsolete as my analog tach/dwell meter. There is a shop in town that has a collection of old auto shop equipment-dist tester, VAT 40, the old ignition oscilloscope the size of 2 refridgerators- on display. It sure would be cool to look at if it wasn't so damned high tech in my younger days.

I just got mapsource figured out and am happy with it and my Zumo550. I tried to download an update to my City Navigator North America 2009 and Garmin said that my net connection was too slow. Now I've got to buy a new PC, find an internet provider out here just a little rural of suburbia that can provide something faster than my DSL, and learn Basecamp, so I can find my way around on my m/c? How long can we expect paper map makers to stay in business? Is it a function of age that causes a person to say "I'M CONTENT!-put the brakes all this technological progress"?

Thanks for letting the techno-challenged rant.

I had absolutely no issues with the routing. I saved the routes to my hard drive & then opened them in mapsource & recalculated them... then downloaded to my unit. The Google maps opened when I open the "routes" tab & I could open a larger, more detailed map by simply clicking on it, eh? It almost sounds like you're not holding your mouth just right.

Tim has FJR now as his daily transportation(truck is sick again)so I'm riding S10 almost every day since we really didn't have much of a winter this year. So when we go on trips I let him ride S10 that way I have no worries and he has no room to complain when I take one of my creative short cuts. We did several of those at SFO this year and I have plans for some good ones just getting to EOM this time. The plan is to ride out early Sat 15th to Petersburg Wv all back roads of coarse & staying at a B&B. SUN the plan is to ride all of Skyline Parkway and then BlueRidge down to Roanoke. Mon cutting over to Burks Garden out the South end back up some back roads to get most of the good section of 16 between Tazewell AND Marion then over to Atkins for the night. Tues more 16 to Laurel Valley rd,(sr603)to 58 east to 89 south to Blue Ridge to Hendersonville. The rest not planned yet waiting to see routes posted but might do rest of Blue Ridge to Cherokee & Cherahala Skyway Wed. So we are Really hopeing the weather gods will be good to us this year.
Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Ran into problems today leaving Burkes Garden South exit anyone got a better saw my Leatherman is getting a workout

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim has FJR now as his daily transportation(truck is sick again)so I'm riding S10 almost every day since we really didn't have much of a winter this year. So when we go on trips I let him ride S10 that way I have no worries and he has no room to complain when I take one of my creative short cuts. We did several of those at SFO this year and I have plans for some good ones just getting to EOM this time. The plan is to ride out early Sat 15th to Petersburg Wv all back roads of coarse & staying at a B&B. SUN the plan is to ride all of Skyline Parkway and then BlueRidge down to Roanoke. Mon cutting over to Burks Garden out the South end back up some back roads to get most of the good section of 16 between Tazewell AND Marion then over to Atkins for the night. Tues more 16 to Laurel Valley rd,(sr603)to 58 east to 89 south to Blue Ridge to Hendersonville. The rest not planned yet waiting to see routes posted but might do rest of Blue Ridge to Cherokee & Cherahala Skyway Wed. So we are Really hopeing the weather gods will be good to us this year.
Ran into problems today leaving Burkes Garden South exit anyone got a better saw my Leatherman is getting a workout

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
You guys are my new heroes! :yahoo:

Where there's a will...there's a way!

Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
Mike I'm in. I got new tires and ready to go. Just lead the way. I was going to ride down Tuesday, but with the weather I'm putting it off till Wednesday. Where we riding to on Thursday?

Mike,

After the performance award and the incredible save that I witnessed last year, and now clearing trees from your path with a leatherman saw. There just ain't no stopping you. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday

Latest posts