EOM 2012 Website & Registration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim has FJR now as his daily transportation(truck is sick again)so I'm riding S10 almost every day since we really didn't have much of a winter this year. So when we go on trips I let him ride S10 that way I have no worries and he has no room to complain when I take one of my creative short cuts. We did several of those at SFO this year and I have plans for some good ones just getting to EOM this time. The plan is to ride out early Sat 15th to Petersburg Wv all back roads of coarse & staying at a B&B. SUN the plan is to ride all of Skyline Parkway and then BlueRidge down to Roanoke. Mon cutting over to Burks Garden out the South end back up some back roads to get most of the good section of 16 between Tazewell AND Marion then over to Atkins for the night. Tues more 16 to Laurel Valley rd,(sr603)to 58 east to 89 south to Blue Ridge to Hendersonville. The rest not planned yet waiting to see routes posted but might do rest of Blue Ridge to Cherokee & Cherahala Skyway Wed. So we are Really hopeing the weather gods will be good to us this year.
Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Ran into problems today leaving Burkes Garden South exit anyone got a better saw my Leatherman is getting a workout

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
Mike I'm in. I got new tires and ready to go. Just lead the way. I was going to ride down Tuesday, but with the weather I'm putting it off till Wednesday. Where we riding to on Thursday?
Yea we are holding up at Atkins for a day due to rain. If it clears up later on today we are going to try to go over to Shady Valley and run the Snake or at least up 16 to Tazwell and back but we should now be arriving in Hendersonville tomorrow late afternoon coming in on Blue Ridge after some more of 16 & 58 see u tomorrow along with every one else. Haven't decided on which route for Thursday but have all the posted routes already loaded in my new GPS except the 500 not feeling that early start late finnish thing.

Tim has FJR now as his daily transportation(truck is sick again)so I'm riding S10 almost every day since we really didn't have much of a winter this year. So when we go on trips I let him ride S10 that way I have no worries and he has no room to complain when I take one of my creative short cuts. We did several of those at SFO this year and I have plans for some good ones just getting to EOM this time. The plan is to ride out early Sat 15th to Petersburg Wv all back roads of coarse & staying at a B&B. SUN the plan is to ride all of Skyline Parkway and then BlueRidge down to Roanoke. Mon cutting over to Burks Garden out the South end back up some back roads to get most of the good section of 16 between Tazewell AND Marion then over to Atkins for the night. Tues more 16 to Laurel Valley rd,(sr603)to 58 east to 89 south to Blue Ridge to Hendersonville. The rest not planned yet waiting to see routes posted but might do rest of Blue Ridge to Cherokee & Cherahala Skyway Wed. So we are Really hopeing the weather gods will be good to us this year.
Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Ran into problems today leaving Burkes Garden South exit anyone got a better saw my Leatherman is getting a workout

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
I expect to see you guys here next year.

Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
Mike I'm in. I got new tires and ready to go. Just lead the way. I was going to ride down Tuesday, but with the weather I'm putting it off till Wednesday. Where we riding to on Thursday?
Yea we are holding up at Atkins for a day due to rain. If it clears up later on today we are going to try to go over to Shady Valley and run the Snake or at least up 16 to Tazwell and back but we should now be arriving in Hendersonville tomorrow late afternoon coming in on Blue Ridge after some more of 16 & 58 see u tomorrow along with every one else. Haven't decided on which route for Thursday but have all the posted routes already loaded in my new GPS except the 500 not feeling that early start late finnish thing.
Mike, I knew we could count on you with your new GPS and all. Hope the new one knows which are the dirt tracks? I'm not in for the 500 mile thing either. I'll be doing 500+ miles just to get there. I'm still thinking of getting a head start later today in the rain. Maybe I can cut out a couple hundred miles and make it easier for tomorrow? How about a shorter route on Thursday and a longer one Friday? Saturday we can decide later. Anyway I'm just following you and your new GPS.

I had absolutely no issues with the routing. I saved the routes to my hard drive & then opened them in mapsource & recalculated them... then downloaded to my unit. The Google maps opened when I open the "routes" tab & I could open a larger, more detailed map by simply clicking on it, eh? It almost sounds like you're not holding your mouth just right.
Workaround A: I printed off the turn by turn directions from the routes pages and built the routes in my MS from scratch. Not that big a deal since I would have needed to recalculate and adjust the routes to compensate for my older version of MS anyway. Only downside is I didn't get all POIs that authors put in. Also, doing it this way makes you really appreciate the work that the routemiesters put into EOM2012. Posting the maps and routes to Google like the organizers did lets everybody access route info regardless of what mapping software, if any, that they use. Not sure that I would have thought of that. THANKS route people!

Workaround B (I never seem to get my workarounds in the right order)-My PC is Windows XP. There is a laptop in the house that I rarely connect to the net. It has Windows Vista. I upgraded it's browser to Internet Explorer 9 and CLICK CLICK CLICK! Routes downloaded to laptop, transfered to PC with MS via flash drive.

Laugh at me all you want you computer literate types, I'm going for a ride.

Trail_zps8e99f893.jpg

Tree1_zps056b34d9.jpg

Tree1s_zps67657598.jpg

Tree_zps3a040b47.jpg
I expect to see you guys here next year.
Yea I watched the video & I use to do that was never that fast but I did ok problem is I don't have a bike suitable for that and the last time I competed Enduro was 33 years ago(Twin State National 17th in 250B Class out of 287 in the class).

yeah but now that your use to throwing around the big iron you will clean their clock :yahoo: on the 250 + you will be riding your age group

The EOM 2012 website lives & Registration is open!

Go visit at: www.fjreom.com. The site will show as "fjreomcom.ipage.com" in your browser address line.

I'm wondering if I am registered for this. I'm not sure if I did, or just meant to sign up, but I see my name in the list on the Registration, Current Attendee list.

Hope to meet most of you Saturday sometime.

I live in Greenville, SC which is an hour south of the motel, so if there is any need of assistance with repairs, trailer, parts, whatever, I'm pretty handy to help out.

864.320.015 three is the cell.

Kent Matthew

I have a Ken Clark registered from VA that put in the forum name "FJRNut" on the registration page. Is that you?

The EOM 2012 website lives & Registration is open!

Go visit at: www.fjreom.com. The site will show as "fjreomcom.ipage.com" in your browser address line.

I'm wondering if I am registered for this. I'm not sure if I did, or just meant to sign up, but I see my name in the list on the Registration, Current Attendee list.

Hope to meet most of you Saturday sometime.

I live in Greenville, SC which is an hour south of the motel, so if there is any need of assistance with repairs, trailer, parts, whatever, I'm pretty handy to help out.

864.320.015 three is the cell.

Kent Matthew