EOM 2015 - Location Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MSTA guys just had their fall colours run and stayed at the Quality Inn in Lewisburg. They all gave it high marks. So the change of ownership really hasn't changed anything.

The MSTA guys just had their fall colours run and stayed at the Quality Inn in Lewisburg. They all gave it high marks. So the change of ownership really hasn't changed anything.
I know one of the MSTA guys who organizes their gatherings. I'm gonna meet him for beers later tonight and was gonna ask him aboot his experience at that hotel.

How about moving date to mid August and going to central PA. State College has a ton of hotels and restaurants. Some beautiful country to ride in any direction. Lots of variability in terrain and roads and sights. Explore north for Grand Canyon of PA. Go south along the Susquehanna River. Go west into heart of appalachians. Head east for more flat country. Visit places like Penns Cave. Party at night in State College. Lots of possibilities. Go in August before students start showing up for Fall semester at Penn State.

Yes - what Joe said - SE Ohio Ramble will always be in the Spring - no impact on the September EOM meet.

SE West Virginia/Virginia area would work...

oh...SE Ohio could also work
Sry Joe, didn't like your 2nd suggestion as it would kill off the SEO meet. Keep 'em separate, more excuses to get away.
smile.png
KJ the SE Ohio Ramble is in the Spring...
OK, I clearly get this but you still are not seeing it my way
wink.png

I'll take the time off to go to SEO for either one of these events, but not both (same exact area/roads), spring, fall or what have you. I'd rather have it spread out to 2 different locations.

I voted Lewisburg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - what Joe said - SE Ohio Ramble will always be in the Spring - no impact on the September EOM meet.

Sry Joe, didn't like your 2nd suggestion as it would kill off the SEO meet. Keep 'em separate, more excuses to get away.
smile.png
wink.png

I'll take the time off to go to SEO for either one of these events, but not both (same exact area/roads), spring, fall or what have you. I'd rather have it spread out to 2 different locations.

I voted Lewisburg
KJ...there are a few more roads down there, than the few that you rode last EOM. I ride that area several times each year...it doesn't get old.

But...I also voted for Lewisburg.

smile.png
wink.png

I voted Lewisburg
KJ...there are a few more roads down there, than the few that you rode last EOM. I ride that area several times each year...it doesn't get old.

But...I also voted for Lewisburg.
I agree, and I like the area a lot, just once a year is perfect!... ya gotta spread the love brotha!

KJ I was in the Maggie Valley area earlier this year, and that was one of the reasons That I chose to do NAFO this year...but I did still miss riding with and seeing everyone at EOM. I will be at EOM next year, wherever it is.

I've been a slacker lately, but I hope to find my groove next year.

I have fond memories in Lewisburg. Johnson City was good too tho....

Lewisburg is leading the votes and quite easily, probably doesn't mean that this is the decision, but at least we now know the favored loca. I likey the 219 as well (except the few 4 lane parts). Nice entry shot I would have coming down thru PA (yes, the northern part)
smile.png

Thanks for doing the poll.

If Lewisburg wins out for 2015... can I resurrect a couple routes with my favorite water crossings???
punk.gif
I have been saving a couple of new to the mix water crossings especially for you!...if I can convince you to head up this way ever. You could get a full preview in June outta Pipestem, jus 3 hours out, jus sayin'.

Lewisburg WV was my favorite place. Restaurant on site and 2 more adjoining. Gas next door. Great roads.