Fall Camping 10/31 to 11/2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet Goshen Pass is gonna' rock!
Wave if you pass me by. I'll be on 39 for a little bit, but my main ride will be 250 and 33.
Well we will probably be west of you. If it turns out to be just Joe and I we will probably head out 39 to 20 north to Buckhannon and then take 33 to Elkins and head back to the park on 219.

Anybody doing a cabin?
Holy shit! Another cabin pussy!

BTW... the leaves rocked this weekend as long as you stayed below about 1400 to 1500 feet. Rte 56 was rockin' da' color. Didn't stop for pics... was too busy riding. Went as far west as Monterey, VA... way past peak there. & it was too cold for Kim. We turned around back east & dropped elevation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to connect 219 to 28 via Snowshoe yesterday.

Chickened out and turned back, cars were coming

down the mountain with 2-3" of snow on them.

Didn't want to chance it.

However, 219 from Slaty Fork to Thomas was great.

Tried to connect 219 to 28 via Snowshoe yesterday.Chickened out and turned back, cars were coming

down the mountain with 2-3" of snow on them.

Didn't want to chance it.

However, 219 from Slaty Fork to Thomas was great.
You mean 66 don't you? I will have to check out the Snowshoe web cam.

The lady in Highs (in Monterey) was talking about a dusting @ Snowshoe. For sure, as we headed west it was getting hella cold. I think that I need to go ahead & order the new wiring harness for my heated liner. No letting the smoke out of this one!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Intech" data-cid="1186338" data-time="1413823804"><p>

You mean 66 don't you? I will have to check out the Snowshoe web cam. </p></blockquote>

Standing in the parking lot opposite The Inn at Snowshoe

( at the tail end of 66 ) I could clearly see the

snow covered mountaintop.

Cars coming down off the mountain were snow covered.

Temperatures earlier at the base were in the low 30s.

I'm sure it was plenty cold enough at the summit for snow.

Fortunately it warmed to low 50s by mid afternoon.

Anybody doing a cabin?

BTW... the leaves rocked this weekend as long as you stayed below about 1400 to 1500 feet. Rte 56 was rockin' da' color. Didn't stop for pics... was too busy riding. Went as far west as Monterey, VA... way past peak there. & it was too cold for Kim. We turned around back east & dropped elevation.
Well, I guess you just da man, though I did make it through Monterey and another two hours after without wussing out.

At this point I'll have to say I'm out for this ride and any other this year.

I used up the last of the current tires in WV this past weekend and the

tire budget for this year is completely depleted.

Went through two fronts and three rears so not complaining.

Was a tough year for finances, hence no tire money.

No problem. I'll start next year on a fresh set.

See you all down the road.

Have a great campout.

Anybody doing a cabin?
Well, I guess you just da man, though I did make it through Monterey and another two hours after without wussing out.
Not only am I not a man CJF... I'm not a cabin pussy, either.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled TENT camping thread. Just kidding CJF... they'd let you be a cabin pussy if you insisted on it. No really... I'm just kidding.

BTW... instead of wussing out I rode the 250ish some-odd miles home to Norfolk... where I live... 2 up. I'm really not sure of the mileage... I didn't go directly home. I ran 56 in the opposite direction... & also ran Goshen Pass for a 2nd time.

Love, Heidi-notta'-man

Oh Mark, here you come again to rain on my funny parade. Just because you do it, it doesn't make it more manly... although I am finding it interesting why the men feel like they need to defend other men from lil' ol' me. What's with that, anyway?... & I'm feeling so unloved... nobody liked my post. I'm so sad. Here's a sad face for ya'll... : (