Fall Camping 10/31 to 11/2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry that I'm out for this trip. I'm going to wait for the spring to tent camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point I'll have to say I'm out for this ride and any other this year.I used up the last of the current tires in WV this past weekend and the

tire budget for this year is completely depleted.

Went through two fronts and three rears so not complaining.

Was a tough year for finances, hence no tire money.

No problem. I'll start next year on a fresh set.

See you all down the road.

Have a great campout.
Well, if you lived a little closer I would hook you up. I have several sets of 1-offs that have plenty of meet on them.

Ok...back to the 10/31-11/2 Watoga camping thread. So...who's coming besides Bob and me?
Jay will be joining us.

I spoke with Jay on the phone last night. He told me as much. I wonder if he'll be sporting his gray jogging suit with matching hat & socks. lol!

Ok...back to the 10/31-11/2 Watoga camping thread. So...who's coming besides Bob and me?
Jay will be joining us.
Cool...maybe we should pick up a couple bottles of Bootlegger for him
lol.gif

Cool...maybe we should pick up a couple bottles of Bootlegger for him
lol.gif
Found at all of the ghetto stores in this area... right along side of the MD 20-20 & Boones Farm.

Bob, what are we talking?Cost of shipping?

I'm interested.
If you want to I can find out what that cost would be I will. As Joe stated, I was talking about changing them in my garage. I would be more than happy to ship them to you if you want.

Hey guys, I'm up for this trip if it's not too late. Although both fork seals are broken--is that a big deal?

Are you meeting somewhere on Fri, Bob?

Do you need oil in your forks?
Have you tried to clean the seals?
I think only a little oil has leaked out. The bigger problem though might be oil on the front brake pad.

I have not tried cleaning them, but will take a closer look. Thanks for the tip!

Hey guys, I'm up for this trip if it's not too late. Although both fork seals are broken--is that a big deal?
If I wasn't working all this weekend I would tell you to come down and we could change them. Definitely would either get or make a sealmate and try to clean them. Oil on the front brakes is not a good thing! If it is just weeping a little it might be fixed by just cleaning the sealing surface for now. If it is leaking to the point of wetting the brakes and dripping on the floor, that is another story.

Jay and I will be leaving from my house early Friday morning (10/31). If you want to come down and meet us there that would be OK or we could set up a meeting point.

If I wasn't working all this weekend I would tell you to come down and we could change them. Definitely would either get or make a sealmate and try to clean them. Oil on the front brakes is not a good thing! If it is just weeping a little it might be fixed by just cleaning the sealing surface for now. If it is leaking to the point of wetting the brakes and dripping on the floor, that is another story.

Jay and I will be leaving from my house early Friday morning (10/31). If you want to come down and meet us there that would be OK or we could set up a meeting point.
Make sure you guys pick out a nice dry campsite. By the way...what's your ETA to Watoga? and what are your thoughts for dinner...or should I just pickup a sandwich on the way in?

Make sure you guys pick out a nice dry campsite. By the way...what's your ETA to Watoga? and what are your thoughts for dinner...or should I just pickup a sandwich on the way in?
Looks like one-sack is going to join us too. Once I nail things down with Jay on when we will leave and then meet Andy I can let you know. I was figuring on getting to Watoga in the morning, dropping our stuff off and then heading out to hook up with you for the ride in. The only caveat is that I will have no cell reception in the park in case things go awry. I'll call you later in the week to nail it down.

If we could meet in Buckhannon around 12:00-12:30, we could take 20 south (I know that's one of your favorites) to Craigsville, then take 55 to 129, back to Watoga.

If we could meet in Buckhannon around 12:00-12:30, we could take 20 south (I know that's one of your favorites) to Craigsville, then take 55 to 129, back to Watoga.
That would work. Just have to re-think what to do Saturday. What time do you think you will be there?

That would work. Just have to re-think what to do Saturday. What time do you think you will be there?
Probably around 12:00-12:30...if I leave at 6:00-6:30. Google maps has that route at 124 miles, 3h 12mins. I'm good with that...as long as I don't have to set up in the dark. Maybe Saturday we could head down to Paint Bank for some BBQ for lunch.

Probably around 12:00-12:30...if I leave at 6:00-6:30. Google maps has that route at 124 miles, 3h 12mins. I'm good with that...as long as I don't have to set up in the dark. Maybe Saturday we could head down to Paint Bank for some BBQ for lunch.
12:30 might be doable, but it will be cutting it close.

After mapping I don't think it would be possible for us to get to Watoga, drop our stuff off and get to Buckhannon by 12:30. What I think we will do is just head up 20 from the south and intercept you on that road. Then we could pick up Williams River to Highland Scenic Highway back to 39.

Here is my spot stalker link for the weekend: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=baaf544b97244166f