FJR again - this time AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there is an 06 AE in my area with 21k on the odo, the guy wants 5500 i was thinking it seemed a little steep but from what im reading i should run over and grab it before someone else does?

I'm on my 2nd '08 AE. The stock spring on the throttle cable is too stiff on the '08. I unwound the throttle spring one turn on both AE'S based on a post I found on this forum and the throttle grip tension is perfect. Highly recommended. When purchasing a used model, you will know if the unwind has already been performed by the previous owner based on the stiffness of the throttle grip.

I would not have a touring bike without an electric clutch or DCT. It's simply awesome no matter what you hear from the haters. All you have to do is test ride one of them and you'll see the light. Obviously just my opinion.

So there is an 06 AE in my area with 21k on the odo, the guy wants 5500 i was thinking it seemed a little steep but from what im reading i should run over and grab it before someone else does?
Sounds like a good price ta me. I dun paid $7,400 fer an '07 w/ 23K little over a year ago. (Though I am in the golden shower state where everythang costs too much.

Sounds like a good price ta me. I dun paid $7,400 fer an '07 w/ 23K little over a year ago. (Though I am in the golden shower state where everythang costs too much.
a
In 2011 I paid $6500 for a mint 07 with 7500k miles while vacationing in Colorado... best purchase ever.

Latest posts