FJR and motoport jackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ4863

Reaction score
Hey All, 

Question for the masses. I'm thinking of getting a Motoport Marathon Jacket. Does the longer length get bunched up by the gas tank? or does it lie pretty much where it should? Debating if its too long vs the shorter waist length jackets that they have. 

You will find there are very few waist length jackets around here. Most are wearing 3/4 length jackets. The waist length jackets seem to get saved for local day trips. The Motoport brand is also very popular. That jacket should be just fine, but as always, you may be shaped funny and YMMV. Haha! 

Shaped funny isn't the term I would use... but hey... if it fits it fits! I have a 3/4 jacked now that I got from Big John :)  that was a temporary jacket that I got a few years ago. Now I'm working on the motoport to match my pants. 

I've worn a Motoport 3/4 stretch jacket on my FJRs for several years. No Issues. With the exception of my two piece 'stich, every jacket I own is 3/4 length and all have worked well on the bike.

PM sent.

~G