FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is now official. I just spoke with Tracy and I have placed my deposit.

She offered me a 1600cc Beemer but I told her I was looking for something with better handling and more power.... like a Vespa.

220px-Rally180.jpg

Currently there are only the 1200cc bikes confirmed to be available but the company is in negotiations over bikes for next year and in about 4 weeks time they will have the bikes finalized and I'll probably get a 650 V-Strom which will work just fine for me.
Alrighty-Roo, we're now up to eight riders with their $500 deposit money into Tri Community Travel and Ms. Henry; this'll be the #1 moto trip of a lifetime!

AZ Beemers

Uri Schumm

Bob Flanders

Bruce Cain

Gary Miller

Dave Cooley

Don Stanley

FJR Forum

Mike Dawson

Bill Fitkowski

Here is a picture taken this morning at sunrise from the top of the Grossglockner Pass, Austria at 3 degrees Celsius. It will be a lot warmer when we ride it next August. All of the Grossglockner National Park web cameras are here: https://www.grossglockner.at/

strasse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys.... you have to add me (us) to the confirmed list! I just talked to Tracy and put my deposit down!
That's great. I received an e-mail from Tracy confirming my second choice of a F800ST BMW.

One question.... Do you have a suitcase large enough to pack Pam?

OK guys.... you have to add me (us) to the confirmed list! I just talked to Tracy and put my deposit down!
That's great. I received an e-mail from Tracy confirming my second choice of a F800ST BMW.

One question.... Do you have a suitcase large enough to pack Pam?
+1, Gunny; Welcome Aboard Tom and Pam, Alps Here We Come!

As of 11/16/11 we're now up to ten Alps Extreme Participants with their $500 deposit money into Tri Community Travel and Ms. Henry; this'll be the #1 moto trip of a lifetime!

AZ Beemers

Uri Schumm

Bob Flanders

Bruce Cain

Gary Miller

Dave Cooley

Don Stanley

FJR Forum

Mike Dawson

Bill Fitkowski

Tom Cale

Miss Pam

I'm really happy for you Tom, you poor bastard. You never get to go anywhere. This sounds like one hell of a trip.

Canadian FJR
Thanks Scott....this maybe the only time I do get away...... ever :lol:
Great news, Tom. Looking forward to seeing you there. Now we've all gotta work on Zilla. ;)

BUMP REMINDER!

We have 10 participants for the FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour of August 8-15 of 2012. Which means we've secured our 5% discounts each for this great Euro Ride.

We get 12 participants for this Trip, we'll each get an 8% discount; resulting in $240 savings on $3K booking. Note: If you're from Arkansas, you're math may be different!

I just got around to going over to the super mailbox and picked up my paperwork.

I also looked into flights and found a good rate with Air Transat flying directly to Munich from Toronto.

They only fly once a week into Munich so it looks like I'll fly out on July 31st and spend a week around Bavaria before jumping on the bike.

I'll then return home on Aug 15th just in time to jump on the FJR and head out for NERDS. We have a plan.