FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having Bustanut show up at German Customs would be enough to have the whole group thrown into the clink before we even get a chance to turn a wheel in the Alps.
Guess you're right at that. But over there, they call it the Klink.

-__0--0-0-0Colonel_Klink.jpg

https://motoadventures.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/alps-reloaded/ I know that the only person on our FJR Forum that can read and speak Greek is Bustanut joker; and Bust can only do that after his third can of Miller Lite. Regardless, here is a great photo adventure by Greek Motorcyclists that covers the same routes we are riding! The mapping is really superb!

Do not fear when you see the pictures of them riding in snow on July 24, 2011: Crossing Passo di Stelvio between Italy and Switzerland; that is a very freak occurence!

WARNING: Distubing pictures of an accident: KTM hitting a roadster; bike was clearly at fault, overcooked the corner! Just outside of Levico, Italy where we're staying!

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING: Distubing pictures of an accident: KTM hitting a roadster; bike was clearly at fault, overcooked the corner! Just outside of Levico, Italy where we're staying!
I do not think it will buff out. That looked nasty!!
Bill, I'm going to call Bust around 8pm Owosso time. Barry will have had his 3rd Miller Lite of the evening, I'll ask him to translate that text from Greek to English for us!

Bill, I'm going to call Bust around 8pm Owosso time. Barry will have had his 3rd Miller Lite of the evening, I'll ask him to translate that text from Greek to English for us!
Better make it 7pm. Barry will be passed out by 8pm and will not be speaking in any language known on this planet.

I recently seen this posted on a Facebook page...

Re: I'm Fuking Wasted! (The Drunken Gibberish Thread)

« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:13 pm »

How the fuk did I have so much to drink on a fuking Wednesday. I am fuking tretarded. FUKKKK. It's been 5 hours and I'm still yelling at the fuking wall.
Remind you of anyone?? ;)

MichaelJ is a Friend from Virginia I met through the Alpine Roads website, he was very helpful and informative to Papa Chuy and AZ Beemers when we conducted our own Euro Alps and Dolomites Tour in May of 2007. Here are three of his Ride Reports that cover the same areas we FJR Forumites will be riding this upcoming August:

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233800

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256526

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489943

https://www.alpineroads.com/ I still heartily recommend that all FJR Forum Alps Extreme Participants consider joining the Alpine Roads website; a great Moto resource!

IMGP1085.jpg

I just hope our Canadians don't bring their damned snow with them on the day that we all ride Passo di Stelvio - Stilfersjoch! Why do they like that white stuff so much??

Alrighty-Roo' date=' we're now up to twelve riders with their $500 deposit money into Tri Community Travel and Ms. Henry; this'll be the #1 moto trip of a lifetime!
[u']AZ Beemers[/u]

Uri Schumm

Bob Flanders

Bruce Cain

Gary Miller

Dave Cooley

Don Stanley

Daniel Nitron

Dan Zarem

FJR Forum

Mike Dawson

Tom Cale

Pam (Tom's Pillion)

Bill Fitkowski
For Your Information: We now have 12 participants for the FJR Forum Alps Extreme Tour, which ensures us of our 8% discounts per person for this Edelweiss Tour.

For myself Papa Chuy, this 8% discount will take $188 off of my $2,350 fee; which will pay all of my fuel costs or part of my bar tab for beer, schnapps and whiskey.

PLEASE NOTE: Alps Extreme Co-Leader Uri Schumm and Papa Chuy are going to cut off the amount of riders at fifteen. Right now we have 11 Riders with one Pillion.

I'm so glad Bill is going. At least Bill takes pics and shares them. Tom rarely takes pics and when he does, doesn't share them. Papa Chuy will spend 3 quintillion dollars on a new BMW, but not $75 for camera that doesn't take 'pink' pictures.

Me, I'm just jealous. Jealous and bitter.

PLEASE NOTE: Alps Extreme Co-Leader Uri Schumm and Papa Chuy are going to cut off the amount of riders at fifteen. Right now we have 11 Riders with one Pillion.
Don,

Let's get some more FJR folks on this trip. It will be bad enough to watch all you Kool-Aid drinkers worship at the Bavarian BMW alter when we tour the plant in Munich.

We need more folks that ride motorcycles that don't use square wheels.

Don,

Let's get some more FJR folks on this trip. It will be bad enough to watch all you Kool-Aid drinkers worship at the Bavarian BMW alter when we tour the plant in Munich.

We need more folks that ride motorcycles that don't use square wheels.
I'm with you Bill, we do need more FJR Forum Members on this ride. Start working on RaYzerman19 to open up his wallet and join the Alps Extreme Ride, If I had Ray's money I'd just burn mine!

I'm so glad Bill is going. At least Bill takes pics and shares them. Tom rarely takes pics and when he does, doesn't share them. Papa Chuy will spend 3 quintillion dollars on a new BMW, but not $75 for camera that doesn't take 'pink' pictures.

Steve-O, I attended my very first BMW Motorcycle Owners of America International Rally in July of 1980 at the Prineville, Oregon Fairgrounds. And I was told my first BMW joke: "What is the cheapest part on a BMW Motorcycle? Well that would be the Owner!" After all these years, this BMW Owner is still super cheap!

I'm so glad Bill is going. At least Bill takes pics and shares them.
Yep. Thanks Bill. :clapping:

Tom rarely takes pics and when he does, doesn't share them.
True. Tom is a little internet shy. In fact, you probably already have a pm from Tom chastizing you for using his name on the internet. Retired spy or sumpin I suppose.

Papa Chuy will spend 3 quintillion dollars on a new BMW, but not $75 for camera that doesn't take 'pink' pictures.
Don't know that for a fact but you've been right on so far, so I'll go with you on that one.

I'm right here beside you...wishing I had El Gusto's sawbucks. Damn. Time to get my mind off of this lost adventure by finding a chicken shit road in KY to explore with my FJR.

Time to get my mind off of this lost adventure by finding a chicken shit road in KY to explore with my FJR.
I can make some recommendations there. The one road had chickens AND donkeys (I figger the donkey's were braying at us for using the road THEY made). Course, the twister that went through the day before just added to the ambiance. Man, their was ambiance everywhere.

I'm jealous I'm not going to do this ride, and bitter not out of envy, but at myself. I don't fly. Knowing that, it's a long boat ride.

As for the guys looking for Tom, no worries, I have his back. I sent them to Wheaton with Tom's real, pre - witness protection program name, Mark.