FJR1300 vs V-Rod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 'they left you'? So what exactly are you --- never mind, I think I know. Sorry, I wasn't aware I had a 'protologist' -- WTF is a 'protologist' anyway? Maybe a republican who's party left them behind by turning right instead of left? PS - not problem one with the Hog, havent needed to return to the dealer, but I do enjoy your diatribe.
Just wondering -- are you as much of an arrogant prick in person as you appear to be here?

You'd have to make that judgement - but as you stated before your an attorney - so I know how well loved you are big mouth.
That's about what I expected, including the spelling error. :rolleyes: On your invitation and the evidence you present, then, apparently it is a fair judgment (note the correct spelling) that you're an arrogant prick wherever your sorry ass is encountered.

Funny how someone who admits he didn't make it past the first year of law school feels a false superiority to those who made it through all 3 years and passed the bar exam. :fuck:
As an innocent bystander (reader) I don't get the impression he feels superior because he went to law school. I think he feels superior (right or wrong) because he has lilkes his HD.

May I add my impressions of knowing thousands of law students over the past 30 years.
olderrr.gif

Although I have never been to law school, my wife was a law professor for 30 years. I have known thousands of law students over the past 30 years. (and many law professors)

My observations are that law students and professors are just like bikes, some are great some are not so great. Some have very elevated opinions of themselves and their profession.

Some conduct themselves as the true gentlemen and ladies that they are. Some do not.

A statement I have sometimes made in public when asked about the law school is:

While graduating from law school and passing the bar exam, may enhance ones image of intellect, charm and professionlism, it sure as hell doesn't confirm it!

Lawyers themselves (like most other mortals) confirm or deny their quality by words, their own words.

If you listen to a Lawyer for 5 minutes, you can get a pretty good idea as to what kind of person he or she is. The bad one comdemn themselves with their own words.
sterb243.gif

The good ones just make us all proud.

CK

...love reading these "bashing" threads.

I would be willing to bet even FJR riders see 10 times as many HDs on the road as FJRs.
...maybe it's because FJR riders cover 10 times the miles that HD owners ride!

Seriously though, HD owners didn't buy their bikes based on performance numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
...love riding these "bashing" threads.

I would be willing to bet even FJR riders see 10 times as many HDs on the road as FJRs.
...maybe it's because FJR riders cover 10 times the miles that HD owners ride!

Seriously though, HD owners didn't buy their bikes based on performance numbers.
Bingo! I read a very good review of the Road King. The report said it was a great Crusier and it's best speed for cruising was between 55 and 60 mph. You sure aren't going far at that speed. But everyone will see you!

Maybe the reason no one sees FJRs is that they are just going too fast! Ya think?

CK

WOW!!! It wasn't my intent to start a negative "Harley bashing" thread! I was merely pointing out what a moron the salesman was.

One of the best thoughts posted was "if the prospective buyer was relying on a salesman to decide which bike to buy he'll get what he deserves".

I happen to be a salesman for a living. I sell John Deere equipment to farmers. I have to assist my customers in selecting the best piece of equipment for their needs. If I mislead a customer, I'll lose him as a future customer & all the other farmers he complains to! Many of the tractors & combines I sell retail way over $200,000, so big dollars are at stake. I guess the fact that I sell for a living really hit home with me when I felt this salesman was schmoozing this motorcycle buyer.

That being said, I love my FJR1300 but it's not the only great bike on the road. Last evening, I took my Honda Valkyrie out for a cruise in the mountains. The air smelled of pine & campfires, it was in the mid 70's, & the scenery was awesome. Not once did I wish I was on my FJR. Cruisers can be cool too!

As far as Harley Davidson's go, I've never owned one. I have ridden many including a rented Road King I tooled around in Southern California on last spring. It was well made & sounded great as I putted up the coast. I think that Harley's are beautiful but I have no desire to spend the money that it takes to be an owner.

Most people who have the guts & desire to ride a motorcycle are pretty cool in my book, regardless of what kind of bike they choose to wrap their legs around!

Peace! :specool:

I believe there may be a bit of inferiority complex here...It seems to me that the Feejer people should not be arguing their case but instead...be out riding their technoligcly far superior motocycle secure in the knowledge that by avoiding the pitfall of buying thier motorcycle by the pound or chrome content they probably won't suffer the common HD hazard known as "road speed induced ralphage" Thats where the bike comes apart enmasse after spending more then 20 minutes at 90MPH or better...Nuff said...go ride

I believe there may be a bit of inferiority complex here...It seems to me that the Feejer people should not be arguing their case but instead...be out riding their technoligcly far superior motocycle secure in the knowledge that by avoiding the pitfall of buying thier motorcycle by the pound or chrome content they probably won't suffer the common HD hazard known as "road speed induced ralphage" Thats where the bike comes apart enmasse after spending more then 20 minutes at 90MPH or better...Nuff said...go ride

A Harley. 90MPH? What have you been smoking? :drag:

All joking aside. Take a look at this. A group of riders are riding to Alaska from Wisc. They are on the trip as I type! They are updating their web site each night. It's very interesting. Most are Harleys so I'm not knocking them. They are doing about 600 miles a day! But look at the repairs. Not much, but the Harleys are shaking their parts off. Really!

Go to this site. Follow the boys. It's great! <a href="https://www.epilcher.com/alaska/" target="_blank">https://www.epilcher.com/alaska/</a>

Here are the list of mechanical problems:Bike Repairs

Day Bike Problem Location

1 Harley Davidson, Ultra Classic Highway peg vibrated loose

1 Honda, Goldwing Low beam headlight burned out

2 Harley Davidson, Dyna Wide Glide Tail light lens screw vibrated loose and was lost on the road Grand Forks, ND

2 Harley Davidson, Ultra Classic Shifter linkage vibrated loose Michigan, ND

3 Harley Davidson, Ultra Classic Heal / Toe shifter adjustment Havre, MT

4 Chevy truck Loose tail pipe Hinton, AB, CA

CK

I notice the biggest part of Waaane's name is "Waaa". :cry:

(fingers in my ears) la, la, La, La, La, LA, LA, LA ! I'm not listening anymore. :)

(fingers in my ears) la, la, La, La, La, LA, LA, LA ! I'm not listening anymore. :)

C&C, Check out these photos
chop1.gif
ride2-1.gif

Now remember, your on a "web site" You "read" the text and "Look" at the pictures.

Putting your fingers in your ears will only get them dirty. It won't stop you from reading this text and looking and the nice pictures.

If you don't want to participate any more try putting your hands over your eyes. Better yet, turn off your computer.

CK
laughing3.gif

PS: Which bike pictured above to you like better?

So 'they left you'? So what exactly are you --- never mind, I think I know. Sorry, I wasn't aware I had a 'protologist' -- WTF is a 'protologist' anyway? Maybe a republican who's party left them behind by turning right instead of left? PS - not problem one with the Hog, havent needed to return to the dealer, but I do enjoy your diatribe.
Just wondering -- are you as much of an arrogant prick in person as you appear to be here?

You'd have to make that judgement - but as you stated before your an attorney - so I know how well loved you are big mouth.
That's about what I expected, including the spelling error. :rolleyes: On your invitation and the evidence you present, then, apparently it is a fair judgment (note the correct spelling) that you're an arrogant prick wherever your sorry ass is encountered.

Funny how someone who admits he didn't make it past the first year of law school feels a false superiority to those who made it through all 3 years and passed the bar exam. :fuck:
Hey Mr. Attorney - I suggest you check your dictionary - the word is correct (Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary). Again, coming to those snap conclusions without adequate research. I also find it difficult to understand how a supposedly (?) educated man is unable to express himself/herself without profanity. But, I would like to take the high road and apologize to all. I realized I have digressed to bantering with an attorney, certainly beneath me and most people. Again, my apologies.

Knocking each other about some other bike and if someone makes a typing mistake, there are more important things to do.

Do something useful. Comment on the first post intelligently.

Some of you throw stones to join in on the riot like a punk.

I hope this thread gets deleted, and posts are retracted from users.

Harley Smarley. It is a different bike. They serve a different purpose and some of you bash them based on a few of the riders.

How would you like them to stereotype you based on the few idiots on an FJR.

No wonder the admins get frustrated and do some of the things they have done just to keep this place in line.

Hey Mr. Attorney - I suggest you check your dictionary - the word is correct (Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary). Again, coming to those snap conclusions without adequate research. I also find it difficult to understand how a supposedly (?) educated man is unable to express himself/herself without profanity. But, I would like to take the high road and apologize to all. I realized I have digressed to bantering with an attorney, certainly beneath me and most people. Again, my apologies.
:unsure: WOW, I thought this thread was about the FJR and V-Rod. I'd rather hear about that or how we all like this motorcycle.

I came to this sight because of the willingness of the members to post information that helped other FJR owners with parts, accessories, farkles, rides and other helpful information.

Guys, could we please cool the anomosities and get onto more enjoyable and constructive postings?

LOL -- do you have a different act? Maybe you should take your own advice and check the dictionary. First, you make a big deal of another poster's typo (protologist/proctologist), but can't spell "judgment" yourself. Apparently an exercise in hypocrisy and not a typo -- as you direct me to a dictionary that confirms that there is only one "e" in judgment -- not the two you use.

I get a lot of good out of this site.

I also post some inflamatory remarks. I'm sorry for that.

This is a great topic. I have not added a great deal of good stuff here. I have probably fanned the flames.

Not good.

However, I think Mike should stick to the subject as I should. Maybe if we both clean up our act, we can let you other guys get back to a serious discussion.

Maybe if we both sit in the corner for 15 minutes we can come back to the group.

(That's what I had to do in the 3rd grade. A lot of times!) And I think Mike and I have been acting like 3ed graders. At least I have. And I want to ride my bike today, so I have to graduate to at least a freshman. They can have a drivers license!

CK :clapping:

PS I'll post again when I can. My wife just kicked me off the computer for 15 minutes. I'm in the corner again!

C&C,

Now remember, your on a "web site" You "read" the text and "Look" at the pictures.

Putting your fingers in your ears will only get them dirty. It won't stop you from reading this text and looking and the nice pictures.
It was a metaphor for this thread, which wasn't going anywhere I wished to be going anymore. And that's why I put the smiley face after my comment. (I admit I'm not a comic so pardon the attempt at humor.)

WOW!!! It wasn't my intent to start a negative "Harley bashing" thread! I was merely pointing out what a moron the salesman was.
Nope... it's worse (through no fault of your own), it's turned into a verbal-human-bashing thread. Sad, really. I imagine the exchanges would be more civil... were they in person.

This isn't limited to HD sales reps. A co-worker of my fiance' (oddly enough a sales rep) paid about $1500 too much for a GSXR750. It was one of the really "rare" blue/white ones and they had to get it "special" from Utah. There are several born every minute.
I don't know about paying more but the blue/white ones are the first to go and you will wait for them around here. If you want one of the other colors you can usually get them faster.

Again don't know about paying more but if it were me you know I wouldn't hesitate to drive to Utah. :lol:

The problem is that my fiance' told him where to find what he was looking for at two different local dealers. He just decided that the sale guy at what is known as a sh!t dealer around here, knew better. As far as I am concerned, he deserved it. He is also ignoring her warning about parking on the asphalt parking lot instead of the concrete part where the other bikes park. One of these days his rare gixxer, that is like all the other ones, will be laying on its side. I feel sorry for that bike.
Well then if he was told where to get it cheaper and didn't sounds to me like he just wanted to feel good about spending more money. It makes the bike better don't ya know :lol:

C&C,

It was a metaphor for this thread, whish wasn't going anywhere I wished to be going anymore. And that's why I put the smiley face after my comment. (I admit I'm not a comic so pardon the attempt at humor.)

I thought it was funny! That's why I put a smiley on my answer. I liked your. My answer was also an attempt at humor. (We are both going to have to try harder with humor!)

I Like the FJR much better that the V-Rod in all areas. Looks, performance, resale, etc.

(have never had a ride on a V'Rod. Have never had an interest in trying one.

CK :drinks: