FJR1300 vs V-Rod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned a 06 HD StreetRod (V-rod family but sporty). After 2 engines and 9000 miles HD bought it back from me to beat the lemon law. The HD was cool looking but not even near the class of my 06 FJR. This was the model that was supposed to be fast and handle well. I now have 7000 miles on my 06 FJR and it out performs the HD in every way. I could go on an on, the FJR is one great bike and HD's are HD's, I don't know why they sell so well.

Don't beat up on yourself, all people who buy HDs have something in common, they are all mentally dilusional. You could sell em the London Bridge if it had HD on it...I rode a V-rod a friend of mine was trying to sell....he had over $30K in it was was asking $14,000....You couldn't given it to me....My ears still hurt and it was about as slow as my old honda 450 that I had back 30 yrs ago in high school....

Don't believe anything you read in a Motorcycle Rag, an owner's manual, or muchless anything a ------------------- says!
But we're supposed to listen to your brain fart?

Here we go again - its been at least 3 or 4 days since the last Harley bashing thread - you guys crack me up. And as for the aged squid above - I take exception concerning your comment ALL people who buy HDs are mentally delusional - all 330,000 of us last year (and I don't believe I'm delusional, although I am responding to your thread, maybe I am ......nevermind).? Sure your buddy had 30K in his V-Rod - bullshit. Sure he couldn't get 14K for it (unless its an'02). Anytime you want to run it against your old 450 honda let me know, I'll get one and race ya --- I guess this is your attemp at humor, huh?
A bit sensitive me thinks,.................. sadly the HD riders seem to have a bad rep all over the world, we have the same bad sales service from HD dealers here in South Africa and most HDs only fetch the newspapers on a Sunday...bit of a waste when we have some of the best riding country available without excesive law inforcement (Non at all realy). SA IS fjr country!

Don't beat up on yourself, all people who buy HDs have something in common, they are all mentally dilusional. You could sell em the London Bridge if it had HD on it...I rode a V-rod a friend of mine was trying to sell....he had over $30K in it was was asking $14,000....You couldn't given it to me....My ears still hurt and it was about as slow as my old honda 450 that I had back 30 yrs ago in high school....

Don't believe anything you read in a Motorcycle Rag, an owner's manual, or muchless anything a ------------------- says!
But we're supposed to listen to your brain fart?

Here we go again - its been at least 3 or 4 days since the last Harley bashing thread - you guys crack me up. And as for the aged squid above - I take exception concerning your comment ALL people who buy HDs are mentally delusional - all 330,000 of us last year (and I don't believe I'm delusional, although I am responding to your thread, maybe I am ......nevermind).? Sure your buddy had 30K in his V-Rod - bullshit. Sure he couldn't get 14K for it (unless its an'02). Anytime you want to run it against your old 450 honda let me know, I'll get one and race ya --- I guess this is your attemp at humor, huh?

With these kind of personal attacks, Ignacio will be banning you both. Retract while you can!!! Good luck fellas. :bye2:

Last edited by a moderator:
With these kind of personal attacks, Ignacio will be banning you both. Retract while you can!!! Good luck fellas. :bye2:
Can we please get this straight once and for all?

[SIZE=18pt]I have never banned anyone![/SIZE]

The board has only banned one or two brand new accounts that only posted SPAM here....never a real user, and I don't think it was me that did it.

So, please stop saying I have. I won't even ban you for it.....just asking nicely. I do get very irritated when people use the ban word.

That said, I think the Harley bashing and ranting is getting overboard. Why do some people obsess on discussing it on an FJR forum anyway? It just seems dumb and pointless to me like comparing 70's Camaros with McClarens.

....or the ever-classic picture:

retarded.jpg

Wow, 5 pages to this thread. I would have thought it would have only gone for 3-4 posts.

FJR 1300 vs. V-Rod ??? not sure but I think that qualifies as a oxymoron. As in "Photon Torpedo vs Pellet Gun" or "Lightsabre vs Table Knife"..(for all you sci-fi folks)

It is however sad to see those that are so prejudical about what brand or type of bike someone has.

Would you want everyone to start saying that only arrogent snobs ride FJR"S??

KM

Everybody's got a special kind of story

Everybody finds a way to shine,

It don't matter that you got not alot

So what,

They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.

And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Guess it would be boring if everyone rode the same thing.

Everybody's got a special kind of story Everybody finds a way to shine,

It don't matter that you got not alot

So what,

They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.

And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Guess it would be boring if everyone rode the same thing.
i agree, but PLEASE don't EVER sing that song again... :yahoo:

shu

With these kind of personal attacks, Ignacio will be banning you both. Retract while you can!!! Good luck fellas.
Not with ratings like these he won't! Over 2,000 views and counting, everybody must be enjoying this. Gotta be some kind of record! I can't wait for the real name calling to begin :lol:

Wow, this is fun, kinda like gawking at a car wreck or IED strike.

It's fun to watch guys type at each other in anger. Really.

One of my guys just bought a special-edition Fatbob, and another wants one of those night-V rods. We'll get together and ride sometime after we get home. And maybe I can talk 'em into swapping bikes for a little bit. If not, that's OK, too. I think they are all fun machines, but I know where I put my money.

With these kind of personal attacks, Ignacio will be banning you both. Retract while you can!!! Good luck fellas.
Not with ratings like these he won't! Over 2,000 views and counting, everybody must be enjoying this. Gotta be some kind of record! I can't wait for the real name calling to begin :lol:
Mr. Henchman: If you're going to quote somebody saying I'm going to ban somebody, and then try and speak for me and claim that I won't--can you at least read and include my quote reprinted here YET AGAIN:

The board has only banned one or two brand new accounts that only posted SPAM here....never a real user, and I don't think it was me that did it.

So, please stop saying I have....
C'mon people. Free speech is great, but it doesn't excuse people from accountability.

Wow, 5 pages to this thread. I would have thought it would have only gone for 3-4 posts.
FJR 1300 vs. V-Rod ??? not sure but I think that qualifies as a oxymoron. As in "Photon Torpedo vs Pellet Gun" or "Lightsabre vs Table Knife"..(for all you sci-fi folks)

It is however sad to see those that are so prejudical about what brand or type of bike someone has.

Would you want everyone to start saying that only arrogent snobs ride FJR"S??

KM
I too am amazed at the popularity of this thread! My wife said that it's gone form a thread to a full-blown sweater! :yahoo:

Hey Matt, sorry about using all the bandwith! :blink:

So, please stop saying I have. I won't even ban you for it.....just asking nicely. I do get very irritated when people use the ban word.
How 'bout temporary bans? I suppose they're called something else, though? :ph34r:

How 'bout temporary bans? I suppose they're called something else, though? :ph34r:
Yep, absolutely.

They're called "suspensions", "read-only" mode, or maybe "time-outs". They temporary in nature (a day or a week), and there have been a handful of those. And they're talked about amongst admins to try and be consistent.

Most times the person comes back and contributes. Sometimes they leave in a huff.

Sorry, for hijaaking the thread. My last post. If people want to talk about this subject I would suggest a PM or thread elsewhere.

can't help but chime in prices are set by individual dealers ,, I have seen FJR's being sold for 2>3 thousand over MSRP

I own several HD's , my newest is an '06 Deluxe , I shopped several dealers and was quoted from MSRP to 5 g's over ,,

and as for salesmen ,, they do what the sales manager tells them to do ,, it's about qouta's and floor plan ,,

I bought my Deluxe from a dealer in El Paso Tx,, had it shipped to Va and it still cost me less than the local dealer ....

How come you didn't ride it home?

So 'they left you'? So what exactly are you --- never mind, I think I know. Sorry, I wasn't aware I had a 'protologist' -- WTF is a 'protologist' anyway? Maybe a republican who's party left them behind by turning right instead of left? PS - not problem one with the Hog, havent needed to return to the dealer, but I do enjoy your diatribe.
Just wondering -- are you as much of an arrogant prick in person as you appear to be here?

You'd have to make that judgement - but as you stated before your an attorney - so I know how well loved you are big mouth.
That's about what I expected, including the spelling error. :rolleyes: On your invitation and the evidence you present, then, apparently it is a fair judgment (note the correct spelling) that you're an arrogant prick wherever your sorry ass is encountered.

Funny how someone who admits he didn't make it past the first year of law school feels a false superiority to those who made it through all 3 years and passed the bar exam. :fuck:
As an innocent bystander (reader) I don't get the impression he feels superior because he went to law school. I think he feels superior (right or wrong) because he has lilkes his HD.

May I add my impressions of knowing thousands of law students over the past 30 years.
olderrr.gif

Although I have never been to law school, my wife was a law professor for 30 years. I have known thousands of law students over the past 30 years. (and many law professors)

My observations are that law students and professors are just like bikes, some are great some are not so great. Some have very elevated opinions of themselves and their profession.

Some conduct themselves as the true gentlemen and ladies that they are. Some do not.

A statement I have sometimes made in public when asked about the law school is:

While graduating from law school and passing the bar exam, may enhance ones image of intellect, charm and professionlism, it sure as hell doesn't confirm it!

Lawyers themselves (like most other mortals) confirm or deny their quality by words, their own words.

If you listen to a Lawyer for 5 minutes, you can get a pretty good idea as to what kind of person he or she is. The bad one comdemn themselves with their own words.
sterb243.gif

The good ones just make us all proud.

CK
I would like to think they confirm their quality by actions not words!

Time for my medication.....