fjr1300a Police Bike in Moreno Valley PD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjc625

Reaction score
https://www.moreno-valley.ca.us/resident_se...ex_police.shtml

I was surfing through the mess of the mighty internet and found above site. Nation's first FJR1300 police bike in service.

It is 2004 FJR1300 ABS. It is still in service and only one in the nation. The works were done by Thunderworks in San Diego.

It uses modified Honda ST1300's police switch for lighting and siren. The OIC said, it was pain in the ### to upgrade the bike and they are switching to Honda ST1300P in future. However, they love the power it provides.

So, for the mod experts, can we modify and use the Honda police switch to operate all the extra equipments such as HID, Comm system and etc.

If anyone does make it happen, I will pay good money for the service. The switch costs about $70 from the dealers and requires replacement of plastic connector. I can provide people with the pin lay out of the Honda switch.

Anyone.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea they're using the ST1300. That way, if I ever need to make a run from one, he'll crash at 130 and I'll be gone. :lol:

But seriously (on topic), +1 on the switch farkle idea and (off-topic) I think the Kawi C14 will make a great police bike, if it has some alternator output.