FODS 2016 returns to WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fucking with you about the guns, prefer mine safely stowed in public. Some of you guys are idiots, and drunks!

It is probably true that the WV locals will shoot back.

I reload so I don't mind letting a few sail.

Got a new rifle I haven't even shot yet?

Might be cool enough, open for discussion.

Just fucking with you about the guns, prefer mine safely stowed in public. Some of you guys are idiots, and drunks!
It is probably true that the WV locals will shoot back.

I reload so I don't mind letting a few sail.

Got a new rifle I haven't even shot yet?

My brother picked up a new toy, and it's even made in Norfolk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making some updates to prep for FODS WV 2016...

Tail rack installed.

IMG_1725_zpst9bq9ozs.jpg

New handlebars and brush guards.

IMG_1707_zps5oi9kz01.jpg

IMG_1708_zpsigrdpfxl.jpg

Dakar fairing and GPS mount.

IMG_1710_zpsb0nh1o4v.jpg

17" Continental TKC80's do just fine, especially when you don't know any better!!
I think not knowing any better is about 75% of off-road riding skill. The other 25% Chris Birch is keeping to himself.

Course, that doesn't explain AJ.

Just fucking with you about the guns.
I knew that already so I was fucking with you back.

Let them feel good about themselves! What they don't know won't hurt them.

So...new rifle and a 1000 yard range about 30 miles north...bring cleaning kit, lots of reloads and I'll help you break it in!

I'm finishing up the FODS - WV website for Jim - we have dual sport routes in GPX format to post.

If anyone riding street only would like to generate a street loop or three to share with a start / end point of Holly River State Park, I can upload them to the site.

Wayne

Different campground but same flavor...

Note to Mr. Bill: a bunch of this footage is from along the route I sent you. Should give you a notion.

Note to Mr. Bill: a bunch of this footage is from along the route I sent you. Should give you a notion.
That looks to be the highlight of our four day ride to Hacker Valley!

Four of us will leave DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) campground in the Berkshires and then ride along the TransEastern Trail for three days. The fourth day will be following your route. 200 miles a day for four days!

Thank you again for sharing that route.

Thanks for the inspirational photography, Jim. Those views are pretty much killer. That's what I'm hoping to see.

I'm really buildin' up a hankerin' for this 2 week ride (for us crazy nutherners) with a spring fever, now that winter is a Wayne-ing
rolleyes.gif

I've been making a few little improvements on the 500 lb bull (aka The Manstrom). He ('cause it can't be a she with such big balls) has a brandy new set of chain and sprockets in my preferred lower gearing, a new SW Motech skid plate, and a spankin' new set of Shinko Big Block Knobbys just a waiting to be spooned on.

Wayne mentioned a web site with some GPS files, has that been set up yet? If so, gotta link? That would be cool to see and start playing with.

As the nutheren contingent ringleader and social debutante Mr Bill alluded to earlier on, there will be a small group (4 so far) of us Yankees running the TET (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) down to the WV event. We'll be totin' our camping gear, which I for one hope to be using heavily, but if weather gets shee-tay we'll just bunk up in the localMotel 6 with all the bed bugs.

According to ring leader Bill, on arrival to we have some sort of luxurious camping ground cabins reserved that has our own runnin' water, a bye-gawd showah and terlet for our daily pleasures. You camp grounders (is that the right term?) are shorely welcome to share in our comfortable treasures, 'specially if you stink too much.

Fred the views from Dolly Sods on your last day into Holly River are second to none.

FODS WV site...https://www.attacktheroad.com/fodswv/ ...is up but the route files are a work in progress. GPX files likely will be active before long.

Sounds like the Strom is ready for business. Y'all have fun and be safe on your journey.

This should help with routing Fred. The official navigation device for FODS WV 2016 is the high-tech spanky new "Flip and Go" from Procycle...