FODS 2016 returns to WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I could bring the FJR or the WR.
smile.png

So this on the Tenere forum also so I was wondering.

Be advised the published routes are all true 50/50 dual sport routes. Each is approx. 200 miles long. WR with a stock seat is not recommended (according to Billy Fitz last year). Nothing hairy off road but NOT advisable for a street bike while fine for a Tenere.

However it is an all bike meet. There are knowledgeable FJR riders attending but they were too damned lazy to submit routes ahead of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
smile.png

Be advised the published routes are all true 50/50 dual sport routes. Each is approx. 200 miles long. WR with a stock seat is not recommended (according to Billy Fitz last year). Nothing hairy off road but NOT advisable for a street bike while fine for a Tenere.

However it is an all bike meet. There are knowledgeable FJR riders attending but they were too damned lazy to submit routes ahead of time!
They don't need no stinkin' routes! Just follow me!! I guarantee the route I take will put a smile on your face!

smile.png

They don't need no stinkin' routes! Just follow me!! I guarantee the route I take will put a smile on your face!
smile.png
yes.gif
smile.png

Bob - might want to be a little more specific on where they are going to follow you in order to get that smile you're talking about giving them...

Basically, I'd call it a camping meet in an area that provides solid street and dual sport / off road riding. Jim and I are in the dual sport group, but all are welcome as there's riding to suit just about everyone.

-w

smile.png

Bob - might want to be a little more specific on where they are going to follow you in order to get that smile you're talking about giving them...
That would be like posting a route! I made a guarantee. What more do they need?

Here are my specifics:

Twisty roads in West Virginia

Is there a specific part of the campground where I should try to make a res.?
Sites that can be reserved are limited. Areas 2 & 3 are the target zones but not sure what you'll find. Weekend after Memorial Day so all will be good the campground will not fill. If you can't reserve a spot don't let that stop you from attending. We will find a place for you to setup. I'm not reserving one fwiw. Holly River park folks are very reasonable and accommodating. They will likely charge you to camp but will not but your balls about rules. It will all work out. That has been our experience in the past.

If I do the dirt thing will you guys promise to be gentle?Ain't been on a real dirt bike for years.
All the routes are big pig friendly. There are plenty of opportunities along the way to get in over yer azz. The question is can you trust yourself?

That and if you don't bring that new Katoom I will forever give you shit on sight!

If I do the dirt thing will you guys promise to be gentle?Ain't been on a real dirt bike for years.
Gentle on a 500 orange? Just hang on and let the bike climb the hills. Everyone else is going to be working up a sweat and you'll be loafing along! That's a nice dirt bike
bike.gif

Reservation made - Hemlock Area, site 31. The nice lady mentioned that site 33 & 37 are already reserved - are those anyone here? If not, we may need to slide to another area.

Also - is there anyone in the cabins with a spare bunk? Not for me, but someone with interest that does not camp...

Wayne

Reservation made - Hemlock Area, site 31. The nice lady mentioned that site 33 & 37 are already reserved - are those anyone here? If not, we may need to slide to another area.

Wayne
Could be someone from the Tenere forum dunno.

We are likely going to end up being scattered; one of the drawbacks of the location.

Shinko knobby tahrs spooned on the ManStrom today. Looks all bad ass with the skid plate, 5 inches of suspension travel, and full 2.5" of ground clearance.
omg2.gif

Wutever. We'll skid thru it and warm up the mud puddles on the way thru.

I'm psyched for this outing and want this trip to start tomorrow!

Okay I'm in, found a cabin a couple of miles from park thanks to spklbuk and the park people so see everyone there. We will be arriving Wednesday afternoon untill at least Monday
smile.png