FODS 2016 returns to WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just do it!!!! And yep light is right. Wishing I had one. Which one? That is THE question. I'd be on a Husky except I'm a wimp about seat height!

Still thinking about an enduro?????
Small, barely street legal.
yeah...that's just what you need. That'll fix yer back for ya
weirdsmiley.gif

KTM 500 EXC 4 stroke 250 lbs

Fuck off Joe

Working 6 days a week, tweaked my back Saturday.

Put a brake disc on the T-Bird Sunday, was all I could do for the day even with help.

Couldn't walk Yesterday, worked a few hours today then home on the phone.

Scotch and Percocets

You know the roller coaster makes my back feel good, maybe the dirt bike will loosen it up?

(Buying any of this?)

(Buying any of this?)
Maybe. How much for the KTM?
laugh.png

I'd love to put an EXC in the garage. But the maintenance schedule on those things is pretty tough (and I'm too lazy). They really are an off-road race bike with a plate.

Fuck off Joe

Put a brake disc on the T-Bird Sunday, was all I could do for the day even with help.

Scotch and Percocets

You know the roller coaster makes my back feel good, maybe the dirt bike will loosen it up?

(Buying any of this?)
The dirt bike ride won't work. It just put me in worse shape 2 months ago. I am dealing with the same issues. I have one more visit with the crack & snap doc next week. If it goes out again I will try accupuncture next. What's the matter with these doctors? I have seen two of them and neither of them will send me for X-rays. 3 weeks ago I fell out of bed to the floor and had all I could do to stand up. The last time I felt like that I had lime desease over 30 years ago.

The bastards misdiagnosed that also. The doc refused to test me for Lime and said there hadn't been a case in 20 years. He told me I just had the flue. A month later it was front page news. LIME DESEASE IS BACK! I have no faith in modern medicine anymore.

Dave

I can empathize with you on this back thing. I've been really lucky over the years, especially considering my size and what I've done to it. Other than a trick neck, and normal pull muscle kinda stuff life has been good.

A month or so back, I'm leaning in the back of the truck to pick up a grocery bag. Something bad happened. Within 24hrs it seized up enough trying to protect itself that I was barely walking. The spasms were terrible (essentially, any movement). Rolling over in bed was essentially a screaming torture - the only way I could get any real sleep was after a Tramadol. That worst of it past after about 10 days. But its still hurts today, and putting any kind of stress on my lower back and it lets me know its not happy about it. I'm being extremely careful with it.

Fuck off Joe

Scotch and Percocets

(Buying any of this?)
The dirt bike ride won't work. It just put me in worse shape 2 months ago. I am dealing with the same issues. I have one more visit with the crack & snap doc next week. If it goes out again I will try accupuncture next. What's the matter with these doctors? I have seen two of them and neither of them will send me for X-rays. 3 weeks ago I fell out of bed to the floor and had all I could do to stand up. The last time I felt like that I had lime desease over 30 years ago.

The bastards misdiagnosed that also. The doc refused to test me for Lime and said there hadn't been a case in 20 years. He told me I just had the flue. A month later it was front page news. LIME DESEASE IS BACK! I have no faith in modern medicine anymore.

Dave
Dave,

Have you ever tried an inversion table? I've heard several people swear by them for stretching out one's back (both muscle and bone).

Iris,

Not yet, but some of the guys at work use them and swear by them also. I just finished spending three weeks with the chiropractor. I actually think the most benefit came from the stretching exercises. I do them morning and night. I am in much better shape now back wise than a month ago. I know when its time to stop any strenuous activities because my back will let me know. Most of my life I kept going regardless of the pain. Now I am paying the price for all those years. I can't do what I use to do anymore but at least I am getting smarter at knowing when to stop. I put the dual sport back together this weekend in hopes of making it to the pre ride event. I plan on taking it to work a few days this week. I hope to hit a few gravel roads on the way home.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
FODS WV 2016 downloadable GPX. route files now available... https://www.attacktheroad.com/fodswv/index.php/event-information/routes

Info added to Post #1 as well.

Be advised the published routes are all true 50/50 dual sport routes. Nothing hairy off road but NOT advisable for a street bike.

However it is an all bike meet. There are knowledgeable FJR riders attending but they were too damned lazy to submit routes ahead of time!

Last edited by a moderator: