FODS V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated and added some ride files to the first post. I'll have my computer with these files for download to your GPS. Bring your Garmin USB connector cable in case it is different than mine. The Trona Pinnacles and North Park routes could be real iffy for gas so carry extra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked with Charlie my Reservation are Good also downloaded Routes, thanks for the Info, I will be heading up to Hesparia Tuesday with a stop at Chapperal Motorsports to get stuff and will stay the night in Hesparia, and then will ride 10 miles back to meet Sir Richard Wednesday morning at the 138 in Cajon pass for a short ride to the Golden Nugget (Vegas Baby) and then will see all of you Thursday at the Longstreet. Ride Safe

Steve "O" AKA Jorstin

Steve do me a favor today and call and confirm mine for me will you, should be one of the suites with a fireplace close to the Laundry area.

Thanks

R

Sir Richard Talk to charlie just a minute ago you are Good to go, you will be in 104, have a safe trip home see you mate

Steve "O" AKA JORSTIN

Steven Kerns

619 403 4051 Cell

Achtung Uberkul: Brad, please add AZ Beemers DaveO and Jerry to your FODS V Attendance List. Also, please remove the two AZB Canadian Snowbirds and my New York relatives John and Julie. See you on Thursday!

Jerry, Send a Private Message to DaveO and Mark Nelson here on our AZ Beemers Forum. I will also get this message out to Jim in Phoenix at www.fjrforum.com The four of you can ride up together to the Longstreet Inn in Amargosa, NV.

I apologize I have not been keeping up with the site as diligently as i should have. I am booked at Longstreet and plan on attending the Death Valley Days ride. When and where is everyone meeting up to ride to Death Valley?
I have a room booked in Death Valley. These rides sound like a great time, thanks for putting this together. It sounds like there are people riding up, if there is room in the group I would like to join. I am not sure how to pass this info along to Papa Chuy and Uberkul.

Thanks

Mark
Brother Mark, very glad to hear you will be joining us in Death Valley! Please send a private message to AZ Beemers DaveO here on our Forum.

Dave will be riding up with my good friend JimInPhoenix from the www.fjrforum.com You three can coordinate your timing and routing up to Death Valley N. P.

60% chance of rain Saturday - should be spectacular, something not to miss, especially for die hard fjr riders. For FODS peeps, wet DV dirt should pop more chubbies than empty bottles of So Comfort!

60% chance of rain Saturday - should be spectacular, something not to miss, especially for die hard fjr riders. For FODS peeps, wet DV dirt should pop more chubbies than empty bottles of So Comfort!
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-day/usa/california/death-valley/id/92328 +1, Gunny; Right On dcarver, riding dirt in the rain builds character! Stiff Upper Lip 'R', Tally Ho! Fairlaner, remember Lord Nelson!

"England expects that every man will do his duty" was a signal sent by Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson from his flagship HMS Victory as the Battle of Trafalgar was about to commence on 21 October 1805. Trafalgar was the decisive naval engagement of the Napoleonic Wars All Hail Britannia! You love wet riding 'R'!

Dirt riding without dust???? DC, you'd better not be joshing, I'm getting sweaty palms just thinking about it! :yahoo:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=CAZ522 MANLY MAN riding weather, perfect for muy macho dirt riders like RenoJohn, CAJW and UberKul! It's a crying shame it is scaring the poor Street Pussies!

Thursday...Partly sunny. Highs 64 to 69 in the mountains...around 82 at furnace creek. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows 45 to 50.

Friday And Friday Night...Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs 69 to 74. Lows 44 to 49.

Saturday...Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Breezy. Highs 60 to 65.

Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy with snow showers and rain showers likely. Breezy. Lows 36 to 41. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Sunday And Sunday Night...Mostly cloudy with rain showers and snow showers likely. Highs 50 to 55. Lows 35 to 40. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

The Death Valley Area weather changes by the minute, not even worth looking at, just bring your rain gear and your heated gear and your hot gear and you will have everything you need, heading out right now up to Hesparia for the evening and then on to Vegas in the AM with Sir R, dont think My GS will keep up with the Audi if he takes that ha ha

Steve O AKA Jorstin

Chance of showers .....
Whoa there!

That changes things.

Me and Bokerfork and SacramentoMike are canceling our reservations.

biggrin.gif

Uberkul-Brad, besides DaveO and Jerry, please add AZ Beemers Club Member Pat Kenney to the FODS V Street Attendance List.

AZB Bayerische Motoren Werke Motorraden riders aren't afraid of any girlie-man rain: Deutschland Uber Alles, Schatzie! Heil!

Achtung Uberkul: Brad, please add AZ Beemers DaveO and Jerry to your FODS V Attendance List. Also, please remove the two AZB Canadian Snowbirds and my New York relatives John and Julie. See you on Thursday!

Jerry, Send a Private Message to DaveO and Mark Nelson here on our AZ Beemers Forum. I will also get this message out to Jim in Phoenix at www.fjrforum.com The four of you can ride up together to the Longstreet Inn in Amargosa, NV.

I apologize I have not been keeping up with the site as diligently as i should have. I am booked at Longstreet and plan on attending the Death Valley Days ride. When and where is everyone meeting up to ride to Death Valley?
I have a room booked in Death Valley. These rides sound like a great time, thanks for putting this together. It sounds like there are people riding up, if there is room in the group I would like to join. I am not sure how to pass this info along to Papa Chuy and Uberkul.

Thanks

Mark
Brother Mark, very glad to hear you will be joining us in Death Valley! Please send a private message to AZ Beemers DaveO here on our Forum.

Dave will be riding up with my good friend JimInPhoenix from the www.fjrforum.com You three can coordinate your timing and routing up to Death Valley N. P.

The Death Valley Area weather changes by the minute, not even worth looking at, just bring your rain gear and your heated gear and your hot gear and you will have everything you need, heading out right now up to Hesparia for the evening and then on to Vegas in the AM with Sir R, dont think My GS will keep up with the Audi if he takes that ha ha

Steve O AKA Jorstin
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-day/usa/california/death-valley/id/92328 Steve-O is 100% correct, you can never accurately forecast weather for Death Valley National Park. The forecast is now: Few Showers on Sunday!

Chance of showers .....
Whoa there!

That changes things.

Me and Bokerfork and SacramentoMike are canceling our reservations.

biggrin.gif
Brother Mick, I certainly expected such churlish behavior from "Dolores" and "Madeline" but certainly not from you! You're of superior Irish stock and you must rise to meet all challenges.

Saturday is our Patron Saint Patrick's Holy Day: Fellow Irishman RenoJohn and Papa Chuy will toast our Revered Padraig together.

Old Michael, think of what Daniel O'Connell "Ireland's Liberator" would've done!

414px-Daniel_O%27Connell2.jpg