FREE "I.C.E." Info Tag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks SacMike!

PM sent and next time I run into you, some $$$ to assist with postage.

--G

Edit -- Forgot to add in the PM...send one for the SO too?

Last edited by a moderator:
PM sent

EDIT: It should be noted that you probably don't want to wear a tag with ICE on it in certain areas, as it does stand for something else as well.
Just thinking the same thing. If you pull up to a Home Depot and all the guys standing around on the curb run off, you'll know why!
Man... I did not know where you guys were going with this. Had to google it up.

We just don't have all that many Canadians hangin' around the Home Depots I guess... ;)
What am I missing? (why do I think I'm going to regret asking this.... :blink: )

They DO look great, Mikey !

I'm pleased how this idea has caught on. LOTS of requests, so we're kicking up production, bringing in extra men, paying overtime, the works. I found something I like a lot for the attachment issue--a tough, thin cord that just goes through the hole in the zipper or wherever else you can thread it through. Makes it very easy to remove and change jackets, etc. I found a cheap way to buy it in a good quantity, so I'll put a loop of it on each one before I mail them. I wouldn't have been able to begin getting them mailed off for a couple or three days anyway, so waiting for the cord to come by UPS won't delay sending them much.

Kind of cool I'm sending them off to Australia, the UK, and the dark and mysterious country of Canada so far. I'm hoping I see somebody on the road wearing one one of these days, too. Here's the new look, along with a suggested mounting location:

It'll come like this

IMG_0185_zpsfeabf553.jpg

Push through a convenient hole.

IMG_0186_zpsf99975dc.jpg

Just put the tag through the loop.

IMG_0187_zps5de16671.jpg

And pull it tight. Easy to reverse the process and change garments.

IMG_0188_zps0753f66e.jpg

Presto! Done! And convenient to know where to go, in the event of an emergency.

IMG_0190_zps165f429c.jpg

I'm disturbed that the ICE tag is on your pants' zipper. Don't know what kind of emergency would require opening that, but it can't be good!

AND for those of you living under rocks, the ICE that can empty out a Home Depot is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It's the Immigration part that causes the stress. Lol!!

AND for those of you living under rocks, the ICE that can empty out a Home Depot is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It's the Immigration part that causes the stress. Lol!!
I'm living under a heap of snow, 'zilla - not rocks!
If we lived a little closer together ...... :assassin:

:D

I'm disturbed that the ICE tag is on your pants' zipper. Don't know what kind of emergency would require opening that, but it can't be good!AND for those of you living under rocks, the ICE that can empty out a Home Depot is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It's the Immigration part that causes the stress. Lol!!
It's only an emergency if you can't find the zipper in time. So that's why the tag's so useful.

Also means you can do it with your gloves on of course!

If we ever meet Mike it will be
drinks.gif
all round!

You know, to really make this idea as effective as possible, the idea of using them really needs to be publicized so that Emergency Responders will think to look in those ICE tagged pockets. What we need here is a good dose of viral marketing.

We could all start sharing the idea on other motorcycling forums, but without a ready, (and steady) supply to fill the onslaught of demand, that angle might fizzle.

So, how many of these things are you really going to want to make, Mike?

Are you ready to put a price on them yet? (This could be your ticket to a happy retirement, man)

@zilla- It isn't about livin' under rocks. Running away from the ICE is a purely southwestern phenomenon. There actually is a whole big part of the country (never-mind the world) outside your land of perpetual sun that doesn't suffer your local immigration issues.

Mike thank you so much. What a great idea. I have the small ICE bullets but they tend to pop their top and are gone as that is the attachment point. I like this, laminate a card, stick it in the pocket and put your tag on it.

I would have asked for on for my riding buddy of 11 years but did not want to be greedy. However if you need a few bucks to cover anything I will gladly chip in.

Being severely injured with many rods, screws, and plates in various parts of my body I will have a copy of my X-rays for my neck and right arm in the ICE PAC I make up.

A MRI would not be good for me :)
neck%20pinned.jpg

A MRI would not be good for me :)

You wouldn't be as bad off as you might imagine. I'm sure that those screws aren't ferrous They'd better not be or we're gonna have to start calling you Rusty. They;re a high grade of stainless, so they wouldn't be attracted by the magnet's strong field or ripped out of your neck like on an X-files episode. They would cause some severe image artifacts, blank areas in the pictures, and they also might get heated up by the RF, but it wouldn't likely kill you.

Luckily, MRI is seldom used as a trauma screening device. X-ray and CT still prevail there. You're usually walking and talking when they bring you in for an MR.

Yeah, I do have a little expertise in the area.

You know, to really make this idea as effective as possible, the idea of using them really needs to be publicized so that Emergency Responders will think to look in those ICE tagged pockets. What we need here is a good dose of viral marketing.
We could all start sharing the idea on other motorcycling forums, but without a ready, (and steady) supply to fill the onslaught of demand, that angle might fizzle.

So, how many of these things are you really going to want to make, Mike?

Are you ready to put a price on them yet? (This could be your ticket to a happy retirement, man)

@zilla- It isn't about livin' under rocks. Running away from the ICE is a purely southwestern phenomenon. There actually is a whole big part of the country (never-mind the world) outside your land of perpetual sun that doesn't suffer your local immigration issues.
Freddeee....your comment about the ICE/Home Depot/canuckistanis flummoxed me.

And you DO live close enough ..... :assassin:

:lol:

Mike's already happy in his retirement. So this ICE gig could only give him a more happy retirement :rolleyes: (hey! What about Big Ogre / Mike? :unsure: )

Thanks Mike for doing this. First responders are trained to look for the I.C.E. including in your cell phone so it is also a good idea to add an entry in your contacts list of whomever you want contacted in the event you are unconscious or incapacitated. Hopefully it is never needed. You may even want to keep your phone in the same pocket as your emergency information with Mike's tag identifying it clearly.

I was thinking about taking out a full page ad in USA Today, but . . .

So, how many of these things are you really going to want to make, Mike? Are you ready to put a price on them yet? (This could be your ticket to a happy retirement, man)
Question's asked and answered, Fred. I'm already happy. I'd have to make little red tags all day long, and price them so high nobody would want them, to make my retirement any better than it is now.

I would have asked for on for my riding buddy of 11 years but did not want to be greedy. However if you need a few bucks to cover anything I will gladly chip in.
We'll be making some more of these over the next few days, and waiting for the string I ordered before I get mailing, so I adjusted my list to add another for your buddy, Lee.

As to what goes on the card, I've thought about that too, and plan to add my Kaiser medical record number and the phrase "No Known Medical Allergies." Struck me if you don't say anything, they might just assume you overlooked it.

By the way, thanks for the many offers to pay something, but it's not a big deal and I'm glad to do it.

Does anyone actually read USA Today? I thought that was just a free paper they give you at hotels to wipe the mud off your shoes.

But, I still wanna see the two Mikes on "Shark Tank" pitching this new ICE Tag venture. And don't limit the appeal to being just motorcyclists. Think how well it would work for snowmobilers, skiers and snowboarders too.
rolleyes.gif
Soon all the college kids will want to be seen with one while walking around on campus. Be very practical at raves or any other big parties where sustained consciousness is in question.

You should probably initially ask the Sharks for $500k for 49% of the business, but then when they beat you down you can take 400k for 100% of it. I dunno about you two guys but an extra 200 large always comes in pretty handy around my house.
wink.png

Think how well it would work for snowmobilers, skiers and snowboarders too.
rolleyes.gif
You should probably initially ask the Sharks for $500k for 49% of the business, but then when they beat you down you can take 400k for 100% of it. I dunno about you two guys but an extra 200 large always comes in pretty handy around my house.
wink.png
And if it had a homing beacon, we could find them under the snow. Might work for motorcyclists too, come to think of it.

I'd actually take less than that for the whole 100%. Just think, no more tedious hole-punching. That's tough fabric, you know.
sweating.gif