FREE "I.C.E." Info Tag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homing beacon... Hell yeah. Now you're thinking outside of the circle.

Perhaps you could package it with a miniaturized GPS enabled homing beacon with satellite radio output connection, tied into the intarwebs with the information ONLY available only to paid subscribers.

Just think how much the insurance companies and LEOs would pay for that info!

But it's all in the name of safety, after-all. Just think of the childrens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when you get a price, and put up a website to buy them, let us know. I can think of a few hundred motorcycle forums that would like that information.

What a great idea Mike.

Are you sure we can't at least kick in a few bucks to cover cost of materials and postage.

May be a small thing, but seems like it's going to be a very popular small thing.

I'd rather ride my motorcycle. We get to do that all year here, ya know.
Thanks for the thought tho.
How about this thought Mike....

Bite the living shit outa me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I quit using ice in me Scotch. Got me some fancy Whiskey stones now.

A MRI would not be good for me :)

You wouldn't be as bad off as you might imagine. I'm sure that those screws aren't ferrous They'd better not be or we're gonna have to start calling you Rusty. They;re a high grade of stainless, so they wouldn't be attracted by the magnet's strong field or ripped out of your neck like on an X-files episode. They would cause some severe image artifacts, blank areas in the pictures, and they also might get heated up by the RF, but it wouldn't likely kill you.

Luckily, MRI is seldom used as a trauma screening device. X-ray and CT still prevail there. You're usually walking and talking when they bring you in for an MR.

Yeah, I do have a little expertise in the area.
Thanks Fred. I was just being facetious. I was awake when it happened and could answer questions for the ride out of The Bad Lands, but once they got me I felt no pain and remember nothing until I was in my room in Rapid City. So I have no clue if they X-rayed or MRIed me. I know after they were placed it was all X-Ray.

Mike I cant thank you enough for this and your generosity. Since I do have a list of Meds I must take plus the pain killers I take every day I would want this information readily available. I do ride with my Riding buddy on all trips and he was there to call home and get information for the DR's. That is why we started carrying the ICE Bullet Capsules, he has one of mine and I have one of his.

However a daily ride for me may be 2-300 miles and I am solo so this is a great idea when you do not have a back up person who knows you. Hell the way people drive it could be two blocks from home.

Anyway Mike Thank You, and I too would love to see you in the Shark Tank as this applies to anyone who engages in a high risk sport, Snow, Water, Mud, Ice just anywhere there is danger, Hunters? Just a wonderful idea and very generous of you to share.

I owe you Dinner for sure!

too would love to see you in the Shark Tank as this applies to anyone who engages in a high risk sport, Snow, Water, Mud, Ice Inviting forum members from all over into your house, just remember to never re invite that crybaby zilla..
I hear ya regarding Zilla! His "You old Fukers never sleep!" comment was totally uncalled for! Disrespectful whelp!

You guys are all trying to ruin his business plan. He's just acting as the first stage of a drug pusher where the first hit is free. Just wait till you are pawning things off for the rest of the stuff he plans on selling you!
biggrin.png

What a great idea Mike.
Are you sure we can't at least kick in a few bucks to cover cost of materials and postage.

May be a small thing, but seems like it's going to be a very popular small thing.
I agree with airboss, if need some funding to cover costs count me in.

Over here in blighty most of our Government Highway depts have a ICE system in place for bikers. So anyone in England may want to give them a call first.

The Kent Highways sent me a free pack ( They sent two as I have two bikes/lids) that includes a small sleeve that you fill out with your ICE info and tuck it inside the ining on your crash helmet. There is also a small sticker that you put at the back of your lid that the emergency services will look for if needed.

I know other highway authorities send a small fob to attached to key ring as well but all have the same standard sticker for the helmet.

It is a geat idea and can save ememergency services alot of time and I think the idea of a nice bright ICe Tag is a great idea, good luck as it is a worthy cause my friend.

I know over here , as we are not required to carry ID or driver licences, that we are prone to just grab bike keys, a few quid for tea and a low fat full fry up and not carry any contact info at all.This is why our highways introduced the system.

Over here in blighty most of our Government Highway depts have a ICE system in place for bikers. So anyone in England may want to give them a call first.
The Kent Highways sent me a free pack ( They sent two as I have two bikes/lids) that includes a small sleeve that you fill out with your ICE info and tuck it inside the ining on your crash helmet. There is also a small sticker that you put at the back of your lid that the emergency services will look for if needed.

I know other highway authorities send a small fob to attached to key ring as well but all have the same standard sticker for the helmet.

It is a geat idea and can save ememergency services alot of time and I think the idea of a nice bright ICe Tag is a great idea, good luck as it is a worthy cause my friend.

I know over here , as we are not required to carry ID or driver licences, that we are prone to just grab bike keys, a few quid for tea and a low fat full fry up and not carry any contact info at all.This is why our highways introduced the system.
Good for the Kent Highways! Makes good sense, especially if you don't have to carry ID or a license (??
uhoh.gif
omg2.gif
ohno-smiley02.gif
!!) . Or licence, for you blokes. But WTF is a "low fat full fry up???"
laugh.png

I, too, was rejected in my offer to help offset some of the cost for mfg. & mailing.

Maybe Mike's business plan is being funded by a sister of the Nigerian Princess whose inheritance will be sent to a god fearing Christian who will assist in getting the money out of her country. If I'd just "send ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus, located somewhere in Los Angeles... All my dreams would come true."

Mike, I'm not at all interested in one of these things, but I was wondering could you repeat the instructions on how to loop them toa zipper nubbin? I was watching The Angry Beavers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Angry_Beavers) and I think I missed step 4.

TIA
Happens to him every time he even thinks about beavers.

And don't be asking for one of these after you've seen how cool they are.

You guys aren't seeing SM's big picture; I traded the ICE tag for a week at my house in sunny Florida! Kinda like timeshare.

I'm thinkin' it's that's a damn good deal!