From R1 to FJR; my observations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys have been riding longer than I have been alive.

I started with a Triumph Street triple, similar to the 675 Daytona, but naked, and a little more comfortable. Mean little bastard. Wanted something nice and comfy for the wife to ride with me. I rode about 15 different bikes, vfr, cruisers, all sorts of stuff. Then a buddy said, as much as you like power, you need to try an FJR. I rode one, bought it the next day, never looked back. I have put almost 20k miles on it. My triumph only has 5k on the clock.....

I have fun riding with the "adventure" bike guys, and I have surprised plenty of people with the speed and handling.

I have a 2002 Honda CBR 954RR in the garage next to the FJR for when I feel the need to satisfy my hooligan urges.

But dang, I can only be scrunched up on it for about 150 miles before cramps set in.

My FJR has been and still is a great machine after all 112,000 miles.

I have a 2002 Honda CBR 954RR in the garage next to the FJR for when I feel the need to satisfy my hooligan urges.
But dang, I can only be scrunched up on it for about 150 miles before cramps set in.

My FJR has been and still is a great machine after all 112,000 miles.
Yeah, Mike, I know what you mean. I don't ride my '09 Ducati 1198S as much anymore for the same reason--my back just can't take being that folded up. I did recently get a '16 BMW S1000R with a little friendlier ergos (traded in an '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 that was similar that I really enjoyed).

I'm a CBR fan, been on sportbikes for years, both on and off the track. Sold the sportbike after getting married and got a Yamaha Roadstar 1600. It's SOOO comfy and been plenty of fun. Recently an FJR fell into my lap and I couldn't help but buy it. Ive had boatloads of fun on this thing in the short time I've owned it. The FJR is here to stay.