G2 Install Problems on a 2006 A with TM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dans

Reaction score
I have a 2006 A with a TM and installed a G2 tamer. I can't get the TM to hold the throttle in place. I spoke to Sam at G2 and he said all the original parts when using the TM should work perfectly with the G2. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how do get the TM to work with the G2? Thanks.

re-check the instructions for setting the TM. I have a TM and G2 on a '07 and they work flawlessly. You did remember to install the rubber rub piece under the throttle grip.. Yes?

re-check the instructions for setting the TM. I have a TM and G2 on a '07 and they work flawlessly. You did remember to install the rubber rub piece under the throttle grip.. Yes?
I installed a G2 on my bike. I had bought it with the TM already installed, so I was a little nervous about pulling it apart. It took a couple times installing and uninstalling the TM to come up where it wasn't too tight to turn or too loose to ever engage. My advice is just keep playing with it and stop when it works.

If all else fails, the G2 customer service folks have a good reputation for being helpful.

Thanks for responding. I did put everything back exactly the way it was before I put on the G2. I have taken the TM (bar end) off and on about 100 times and just cant get it right. If I take the long spacer out and use washers to shorten the length, the throttle binds. When I use the spacer that came with the TM, the TM doesn't hold. I guess I will just keep trying. Thanks.

It might depend on which model TM you have? The one I have is easy to adjust, well not easy but simple. It's all in how deep you set it into the bar before you tighten it up.

On the ZXII it grabbed the bar differently and I had to use spacers/washers to get it where I wanted. When I moved it to the FJR, TM sold me a conversion kit.

So maybe your insides are different than we're thinking?