Gen III frame sliders.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SW-MOTECH sliders on my 2013, very happy with looks, quality and protection. No trimming necessary. See them in twisted throttles catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much trimming is required to install the oem sliders? Considering them and would like to know before I pull the trigger.
As mentioned in Bungie's post, the trimming isn't a lot.

Takes more time to remove the side fairings-which wasn't all too bad to do really.

How much trimming is required to install the oem sliders? Considering them and would like to know before I pull the trigger.
As mentioned in Bungie's post, the trimming isn't a lot.

Takes more time to remove the side fairings-which wasn't all too bad to do really.

Bill, Check out the T-Rex sliders. They require no cutting and no removal of plastic t install. A number of members have them and as far as I know like them. They extend far enough from the fairings to provide good protection to the side fairings. Consider MC Enterprise bag guards as well.

Bill, Check out the T-Rex sliders. They require no cutting and no removal of plastic t install. A number of members have them and as far as I know like them. They extend far enough from the fairings to provide good protection to the side fairings. Consider MC Enterprise bag guards as well.
I just ordered both of these last night... let the farkles begin.

Does the plastic on the OEM sliders appear to be replaceable?
There's no doubt that the plastic is *physically* replaceable in that they are separate pieces that get screwed onto the metal brackets underneath. Whether they are available as a separate part, and if so at what cost, I don't know.

Edit: The plastic parts seem to be quite tough. I’m sure they wouldn’t survive an actual “slide” but for no-speed drops they do okay. See my thread here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/157902-well-the-gen-iii-oem-sliders-work/

Last edited by a moderator:
Teehaml, You will not be disappointed. NOTE!!! regardless what the T-Rex instructions say, put bike on center stand, install left side first and torque the engine bolts to 35lb/ft.

Teehaml, You will not be disappointed. NOTE!!! regardless what the T-Rex instructions say, put bike on center stand, install left side first and torque the engine bolts to 35lb/ft.
Thanks for the advice. Why the left side first.. ?
Received them a couple days ago so I'll answer my own question... left side first because that's what the directions say.
headbonk.gif

Received them a couple days ago so I'll answer my own question... left side first because that's what the directions say.
headbonk.gif
...and the directions say that because experience has shown that not doing the left side first can create engine balance problems and weird vibrations (not my experience, fortunately).

headbonk.gif
...and the directions say that because experience has shown that not doing the left side first can create engine balance problems and weird vibrations (not my experience, fortunately).
Thanks for the info. Thought there had to be a reason...