Get Busy Living

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Them be BIG budgerigars

DSCF2065_cr.JPG

(Peru, 2008)

Great report and pics, sorry about the sudden ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants, I know you. We are very much the same. I know how you feel. No, I haven't met you but we have communicated. I sure enjoyed "our" dream ride out west, except the part where you crashed. I had a few tears, too. Fred W is also someone I know. I've actually met him. It didn't surprise me that Fred was thinking the same thing I was but was ahead of me. You were ahead of both of us. You have already figured this all out:

"Seeing the world this way humbles a man. It makes him realize that in the grand scheme of things, we are all extremely tiny pieces of dust, insignificant pebbles in a vast dessert of mountains, canyons, valleys, and cliffs. In the clock of life, we are here but a second. In that short time there is much to see and do, lest we miss out. We must make the very best of our second, wasting not even a fraction of it on stupid and trivial matters. We must take assessment of what is really important, and dismiss the rest as the nuisance it really is."

That crash is one of those fractions of a "second." In the "grand scheme of things" it will be seen "as the nuisance it really is."

Your words speak the truth and they apply to your situation.

And Tyler... what can I say? She has lived much and learned much, knows what is important and what is the truth. Heed her words.

Heal up your body and especially your spirit, go through the insurance hassle, get the new bike. Anytime, do a fly-n-ride to Big Sky Country. I'll furnish the bike and be your tour guide.

All's I can say is 2 words wrapped around da 'pants....

WOW 'PANTS WOW!

What an unbelievable adventure. Enough has been said about the terrible ending, so I would just like to comment on the great stuff you've seen and done prior. I tell ya, you floor me with your story-line and pics. Dude, you totally rock it!

It took me 1/2 the day to read and digest everything. I'm not wanting that half day back in my life eitha!.. you took me on the most wonderful journey. The end is such a buzz kill but no way can it dis-color all the vivid views and color you guys took in.

Great weather helps, great company helps, great scenery helps. Man, you had lotz-a-helps but you sure molded it up to be yours!.

I will wanna borrow some of your trip ideas... well minus the cooking part, I refuse to do that much work on vacation, but hats off to you for not being lazy like myself!...and Andrew for all of his cooking talents! :) pretty nice to have a chef along with you? eh?.

I'm now goona re-read this again, yep... it's that good! Thanks for taking all the time to gather and post this up. Cheers from New Yawk! :)

Pants, that was a great story. Loved the pictures and your take on life on the road. Love the camping adventure mixed in with some built structures too. So sorry about the get off, but you should be aware that that is in the same vicinity of my get off on August 11th. I was just 1 mile west of Creede and spent time at the Rio Grande Hospital. Since there can be many more rides of equal greatness, the way this one ended can be thought of as also great. When people stop and help in the most unexpected way that warms you heart as it did with you, a feeling equal to all of the ride prior, adds to the ride. At least that is how I feel about these kind of life experiences. Good luck with your recovery and hope to see you back out West on another great ride.

Our little group met for breakfast at the Zion Ponderosa restaurant where we were looking forward to the breakfast buffet. We found our very tired and overworked waitress still on the job. Cute and wonderful as she was, she could not overcome the fact that there was no food to be had. The buffet was cleaned out and there just was no more. We had each gotten a very small portion and the room was full of hungry folks and most of them were not from this country.

We made the short ride to Zion which was already very crowded. Pants watched in amazement as the gate attendant made a big show of measuring a fairly small motorhome for clearance while she completely ignored the enormous tour bus that was towering over it. I did remind him the attendant was a government employee...

I will say that Hwy 9 thru Zion is one of the great experiences of my life. But there was no opportunity for speed and lean angles because the traffic is so heavy. A beautiful, humbling place to ride though.

Pants wanted to hike to Angel's Landing and truly I did too. Unfortunately, it was out of the question because Pop had already decided he was not going to try it. The combination of higher altitude, 70 years of age, and too much belly had made it all to clear that Angel's Landing was not a good idea. I was torn because I truly wanted to follow my friend but I had a responsibility to my Pop. RJAMT had changed his mind about Angel's Landing, so Pants had to set off alone. He was in a hurry to get going and I think a little irritated that we abandoned him so he took off while we were still stowing our things in the bikes.

Pop was getting a little grouchy over leaving his bike and getting on a tour bus. I was feeling a little grouchy because I really wanted to do some hiking in this beautiful place. We were going to walk the Riverside Walk which was very easy and would lead us to The Narrows.

Pop looking grouchy at the bus terminal:

He cheered up a bit when we finally got off the bus and reached the river:

This plump fellow wanted to be fed. If he had any idea of how we felt about him, he would have run like hell.

Everywhere you look in Zion there is beauty:

We reached The Narrows but neither of us had any desire to wade that cold water. It was a beautiful place and I was enjoying the beauty of it all. Pop wanted me to go down by the water and smile for the camera...

We walked back to the bus and the ride back was over all too soon. We made our way back through the park:

And we began a search for groceries and a late lunch. I had seen this place before on this forum and thought that a slice of pie would make a wonderful light lunch:

We were sadly disappointed. We walked in with a very nice Harley riding couple and when we FINALLY got someone to speak with us we were told it would be at least 30 minutes, maybe longer before we could be seated. We looked at the nearly empty dining room and were told that a tour bus was coming in soon... I do not understand how these places stay open. Every time I go Out West I get a greater appreciation for the restaurants back in Louisiana. These folks really have no clue.

Pop and I rode North to Orderville where we found a combination Food, Drug, & Hardware Store. We were able to scrape together the makings of a halfway decent supper and breakfast as well as some sandwich material for our lunch.

We headed back to our little cabin so I could take care of our laundry and our supper preparations. I made a couple of futile attempts to purchase some beers from the %$@# Zion Espresso and Beer bar that was supposed to be open... On my third attempt I was lucky enough to catch Crystal our cute waitress coming in early. I was overjoyed that not only was she willing to help me, she remembered what each of us drank the night before. I thanked her sincerely, tipped her a $10 bill and bid her farewell. She was great and I never blamed her for the inefficiency of that restaurant.

Pop and I were working on supper:

I was pretty pleased with myself for what I accomplished with such limited resources. I somehow wound up cooking hot dogs for 3 ladies from New York... The asked if they could borrow some of the heat from my charcoal and next thing I knew I was cooking hot dogs next to my pork fingers. Miss Joan was a very happy, very friendly lady and she seemed happy there with us and stayed quite a while. The folks you meet on the road...

The next morning none of us wanted anything to do with the so called breakfast buffet and I had a plan. Pants took charge of burning the bacon while I diced ham and scrambled it into the eggs. It was not half bad though I prefer my bacon a little more flexible.

Then we followed Pants toward Cedar Breaks National Monument. I had read a bit about this place, I think from Miss Tyler but I was not prepared for how wonderful it was there. We watched mule deer, turkeys, rabbits, and jack rabbits scattering ahead of Pants most of the way there. Pop was talking to me about what we could do with them for supper that night if only I would just catch one. I was not willing to scratch up my bike catching our supper.

Navajo Lake:

Cedar Breaks: (There are NO cedar trees at Cedar Breaks!)

There were some Aspens though:

Then we were off to Bryce Canyon by way of Panguitch.

I don't know about Pop's wall but it could very well wind up on my wall. I did not realize just how good it was until I saw it in this report.

If only he were as good looking as me!
smile.png

All I can say is this ride report is truly inspirational. If I can some day enjoy a ride 1/10th this awesome I would be a happy man, provided I get a better seat than this stocker lol.

When the inevitable lunch discussion came up Pop suggested we buy sandwich stuff for a picnic in Bryce. We all agreed and in Panguitch RJAMT pointed out a local grocery store. We bought our stuff while Pop guarded the bikes.

The ride through Red Canyon on the way in to Bryce was pretty spectacular by itself. I was having a difficult time with all the happiness of the day, things were going almost too well. We were having spectacular weather, the roads were excellent, the scenery was beyond description and I was riding with 3 wonderful people. Call it luck, call it destiny, call it what you want, I cannot get over how fortunate I was to be sharing this epic ride with these three gentlemen:

As you can see, they seem to be pretty happy also.

You have all seen it before so I will not overdo the pics of Bryce Canyon:

My friend Pants was so happy he was smiling constantly. You could not have pulled the grin off his face with a D8 dozer.

We had our picnic and things seemed to be going perfectly. Alas, there was a dark cloud hanging over me and the weight of it was an ever growing burden. This was to be our last day with RJAMT, he was to separate from our little group and go his own way. I was surprised that a man I had only known a few days had become such a valued companion and friend. If there is any fairness in this world, I will be blessed to ride with Big John again someday.

John followed us to Tropic and then headed to Kodachrome Basin to spend the night. The absence of the fourth bike seemed larger than I thought it would.

We scored the last two cabins and were told that September is the busiest month for Bryce Canyon. Pop and I were greatly pleased with the construction of the little cabin and its furnishings. This was a well made little place and we were happy and comfortable there.

The three of us loaded back onto the bikes for an evening ride to Petrified Forest State Park. Unfortunately, we were told on arriving that it was an actual hike to get to the petrified wood. We were all in riding boots and gear and did not relish the idea of a hike. So, we headed back to Tropic and the local grocery.

Here Pants and I had a difference of opinion as I wanted to cook at the cabin and he wanted a restaurant. I told him I had this, all he had to do was visit with Pop, I would handle things. 3 decent ribeyes captured my attention and imagination and it all fell into place. We picked up a 6 pack of Squatters Full Suspension Pale Ale, a can of beans, some charcoal, and a few things for breakfast. A brief discussion in the parking lot with the owners of a vintage Yamaha XS11, and we were back to the cabin.

At Joey's request, we moved the swing into a better position for he and Pop to observe the view. They sat and enjoyed the evening while I attempted to coax something edible from the flames in an unfamiliar BBQ pit. I dare to say I was somewhat successful.

Awesome as well Andrew!, man, this is like getting a 2-fer-1 RR! I know I've said it to you before, but I got to again... "you are so lucky to be able to share these times with your Dad!" Grumpy or not, who cares!?. And, I'm sure from his personality reports, it's all good and you guys like to rib him about this more than it really is. (Kinda like 'the old man" on Pawn Stars). Priceless moments and then to be had with your Dad?... off the charts!. So jealous it's not funny.

Loved your images and dialog, kinda filled in some blanks on 'pants RR^^^^^ too. This "Yankee" (albeit and noted that I'm not a Yankees baseball fan) loved your report, filling in on the jumbo RR of 'pants. I've met the 'Pants before, you and your Pops are still on my list!. I hope to soon and it will be a great pleasure to do so when we finally do so.

I previewed Bryce about 10 yrs ago, both parks were perfectly on our flight path as we descended coming into Vegas. That was by air however, so, It's been on my Bike-it-list ever since.

So Andrew, when's your next trip? hehe, I'm such a trip whore it's not funny. Post up some plans, maybe we can meet in the middle! :) :) :)

'Pants, keep on heeling-up bro. My hopes and prayers are with you all the way!!!!!!

I'm deeply humbled by your thoughts and your well wishes. More so than even my family, you people know what I'm going through, and of course, you know it ain't a picnic. But the sun sets and tomorrow it rises again - one day at a time.

HRZ - my front tire was not (and still isn't) flat. The 3-ish inches of difference in elevation between the road surface and the off-road surface, combined with what I suspect was a decent (maybe 20 degrees) angle that I approached back onto the road - together, these two factors contributed greatly to my handle bar shake. With my camping bag and loaded hard luggage, the weight bias is shifted a good bit back already - this didn't help matters any.

GixerJason - no real progress from the insurance company yet. Because my policy is very new, Geico wants to verify the date of the crash with the police report before accepting responsibility. I certainly understand that - I suppose someone could crash their bike, buy a policy online, and try to stick the insurance company with the loss. Unfortunately, the Colorado Highway Patrol hasn't been formally introduced to all of the wonders of the Internet. The ONLY way I can get a police report is to SNAIL mail a check to them, and then they SNAIL mail me the report. Two week delay - lovely.

As for camping and other adventure plans. I'm kind of in a holding pattern for now.

Fred - your observation is good. I was floored by the generosity of my Good Samaritans. Honestly, I kind of question where the heck they came from Just a little. During the early stages of the post-accident, it was very comforting to my wife to know that I had some help.

Tyler - you are a silver lining in any cloud. Thanks for your words.

Top_Speed: You are welcome to steal anything from my ride reports that might enhance your own adventure. That of course is a main reason why I do this.

BluFJR - I was brought to the same hospital in Del Norte, CO. Nice people there. Funny side story:

(Nurse, Interviewing): "Were you wearing a helmet?"

(Pants): "Yes Ma'am"

(Nurse): "Did you hit your head?"

(Pants): "No Ma'am"

(Nurse) "How do you know that?"

(Pants) "Because there is no mark on my helmet."

(Nurse) "Where is the helmet?"

(Pants) "its in the truck outside with the rest of my crap."

Now the nurse sends someone out to get my helmet but in the meantime, she is not in any way buying my story about no head injury. She then starts asking my a lot of questions, and other trick and redundant questions trying to determine if I have good cognitive ability. Understandably, she was to adjust my treatment if she thinks I have a head injury. The whole time, I'm cooperating with her diligently.

(Nurse) "What is your birthdate."

(Pants) "November 16, 1965"

(Nurse) "How old are you?"

(Pants) I just told you my birthdate - I'm 49"

(You get the idea)

(Nurse) "What day is it?"

(Pants) "That question is totally unfair."

(Nurse, perplexed) "Why"

(Pants) "Ma'am - I've been on the vacation of my life for about 12 days now. I'm going to be completely honest - I have absolutely NO idea what day it is."

(Nurse) "Ok, I will let it go."

smile.png

RFH - I'm enjoying your own account of our trip. It's cool to read this from another person's perspective. More please.

All others - again, know that I really appreciate your good thoughts.

That was a great write-up! I enjoyed living vicariously through you as you camped and hiked, and took leisurely picnics overlooking great scenery. I have always maintained that good scenery makes the food taste infinitely better. If it is good enough, it can turn jerky into bacon! :)

I feel for the way how your adventure ended, when I hit a deer in 2012, just like you, I was lucky enough to find a few guardian angels in the middle of f*ckin nowhere, ones who could evaluate my injuries and get me to safety where I could get help from medical professionals and some friends who are like family. Bad things sometimes happen to good people (not saying that I am all that good, many better than me, but I digress), but the beauty of life is that good people also happen to those who need them! One can only pass on that karma and keep it going!

When I was exploring CO earlier this Summer, I got a lot of riding advice from AJ - advice which was indispensable on Hwy 92, lots of blind corners and decreasing radius turns, but keeping his words in the back of my mind, I could get a sense for when they were coming and I was always prepared for them. CO roads can sometimes be stunningly and deceivingly distracting, sometimes in our sport, we make inadvertent mistakes, or have a momentary lapse of concentration, none of us are perfect, even though we strive to be, after all we are just human. Despite what happened at the end of your journey west, you are still here with us, and it is good to still have you with us, writing epic ride reports and sharing your wisdom.

Cheers!

Sam

Damn.

Here I was, totally enjoying your RR, seeing many of the places I have ridden to (Dark side of the moon is the perfect album while touring Arches NP) through your eyes and I come across the map marked Crash, hospital and U-Haul.

Damn.

As other have said, bikes can be replaced and you will heal up in time. So glad you came out mostly unscathed, as you are my favorite poet/philosopher on this forum. Tragically, I cannot cut and paste while at work, but most of the parts of the RR others have quoted hit home for me as well, thank you for that.

Tyler-Amazing words, inspiring me as always.

Pants-heal quick and keep an eye out for a shiny 2016. There is always a place in Nor-Cal for you should you decide to see some really big trees

Pants, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I'll just add that I look forward to meeting you down the line on your shiny new 2016 some day
bike.gif
. Now, heal those wounds and most importantly get busy living, again!
punk.gif

... and Fish - you got some writin' to do. Keep 'em coming.
smile.png

Pop and I had both slept very well, the little cabin was very much to our liking. I set up my little stove in the pre-dawn darkness and soon enough the quiet rumble of Joey's shiny red FJR announced his arrival. He had just wiped it down and it was about as clean as could be expected without a hose and a bucket of soapy water. Honestly, he and I had been cleaning the bikes almost every day as best we could.

I sliced a link of sausage and scrambled that into our eggs, we buttered the last of our sandwich bread and enjoyed our breakfast in the crisp, cool, morning air as the sun rose over the surrounding mountains. I had made a decent pot of coffee and it tasted just right in the cool mountain air. I was about as happy as I ever get at that point, I love to cook for my friends and this was a heavenly setting for breakfast. At some point we all said some version of, "I wonder what John is doing this morning?", and there was an obvious hole in our group.

As we set out on Hwy 12 the early morning sun was reflecting off the right side of Joey's bike onto the surface of the road, lighting the asphalt with a blood red light. It was a strange sight and it did not last but a few minutes but it gave Pop and I something to chuckle about as we watched our friend "Get into his element". Hwy 12 was a wonderful place for hppants. I could tell he was holding back and I had no intention of trying to follow him when he finally came uncorked.

This is how he looked at a brief stop on Hwy 12 the day before:

You can tell he was having a wonderful time. His enthusiasm and excitement was a joy to see, Pop and I were both having a great time just watching him.

When we finally reached this overlook on Hwy 12...

Joey was so excited he was almost dancing. He was literally quivering with happiness. "Look at the road, look at that road!" he told us the same way a child would greet Christmas morning. I cannot recall ever seeing him that happy.

Here he is almost dancing with joy:

While he was caught up in the moment the horses waited patiently to be turned loose:

I reminded him again that he was not to worry about us, to just ride his ride. Pop and I would be along at our own pace.

I think he was riding with a bit of caution because he was on an unfamiliar road and the consequences of a mistake out here would be severe. He did take off pretty good and I admit that Scar wanted to follow him. However, Pop was the voice of caution in my headset so we did play but at a slower pace.

Pants wanted to ride The Burr Trail. I had heard of it but could not recall any details. It did not matter anyway, I was committed to following him and as long as we were riding, what difference did it make? It turned out to be wonderful. Not racetrack fast, extreme lean angle wonderful but red rocks, beautiful scenery, quiet and peaceful wonderful. I strongly recommend The Burr Trail.

We paused at an overlook and the distance, the awful, wonderful distance was...

Here I am telling Joey, "That looks just like New Orleans. Except completely different."

John Atlantic Burr used this as a cattle trail. I wondered if I would have been tough enough and mean enough to survive and thrive in that lifestyle. I'd like to think so, but you just never know.

About 18 miles in, the very new, horrible chip seal surface turned to gravel. Truly, it was almost gravel already. At that point we turned around and headed back out the way we came in. Pants seemed to be almost apologizing for wasting our time but Pop and I were completely happy exploring and sightseeing. I felt this was a high point of our trip and I told Pop it was almost a miniature version of Zion NP without the crowds.

We had a good lunch at the Burr Trail Grill where I was distracted by a heavily tattooed waitress (unfortunately not ours:upset:) in a pair of Daisy Dukes. The food was good, the service mediocre and then there was pie. We were told it was "about to come out of the oven". When we finally got our semi-warm pie, Pop whispered, "Must have been a cold oven" and I had to laugh out loud. I literally beat Pants to the draw and had the bill paid before he ever realized it. I hope he understood that the happier he got, the happier we got. Buying his lunch a few times was well worth it for me.

We chatted briefly with a gentleman on an '06 FJR and he stared at our Louisiana plates. "That is a long ride!" was a refrain we heard often on this trip. It did not seem that long for us, but few understand how capable an FJR is for long distance travel.

Hwy 12 got better but with a completely different character. Green spruce and yellow aspen replaced the dry rocks as we gained altitude, the curves turned into sweepers that begged extreme lean angles, Joey was coming uncorked... But there were cows everywhere. They were in the road, they were beside the road, they were all around the road. Every time we thought it was safe to pick up our speed, more cows. Still, Pants was riding fairly hard, we were all leaning into it and Pop was very comfortable with our pace. We were all having a ball.

But all too soon we reached the intersection of Hwy 12 and Hwy 24 near Torrey Utah. Pants wanted me to get a room there, ride further to Capital Reef and come back to spend the night. I was not in favor of backtracking and the uncertainty of NO PLAN was suddenly staring me in the face. We wasted our time, our suddenly precious time at the Information Center in Torrey. I was not sure what was in front of us but I knew that getting a room was going to be difficult as there was not much in the way of civilization for miles.

We reached Capital Reef, there was not enough cell phone service to call anywhere. I was getting worried, I did not have my precious Control, and I was Ready To Do Something. Joey was not worried at all, there were numerous places to tent camp and to him it was no big deal. It really was not a big deal but I was on edge and grouchy. When I realized I was cutting into my friend's good time, I made a very strong effort to relax. We rode on into Capital Reef and it was beautiful.

At this point my companions refused to venture further:

My GPS said there was a hotel in Caineville so we continued East but it was a Rodeway Inn that was closed down. And to my complete amazement and utter horror, there was no town of Caineville! I was riding toward what I hoped would be the town when I realized we had long since passed the few shacks and huts that comprised Caineville. There was no place to stop, no place to turn around... So I did what I always do when things go wrong. I put my head down and shoved. I pushed us to the next "town" a little dot on the map called Hanksville. There was no place to stay there either. At least I had cell service and could contact a hotel in Blanding Utah which was over 2 hours, 126 miles further on.

Well, Shit. Confession Time. This is where I messed up, and I messed up badly. I messed up what had been a magical day, I messed it up for everybody.

No excuses, just my story. I was very much aware that today was to be our last day with Joey Pons. He had a few more days to spend, Pop and I needed to think about heading back toward Louisiana and this trip, this wonderful, awesome, fantastic trip was about to take a nose dive. This entire trip had been so easy for me. I had a superb co-captain in Pants. He was as smart as me, he was as experienced as me, he was as attentive to Pop as I was, and he was wonderful company. I had never had a trip go this smoothly and the thought of that separation soured my mood. I behaved like a little bitch.

What I should have done was checked for a hotel 50 miles behind us in Torrey, and rode back that way. We could have picked fruit right off the tree in Fruita, we could have laughed at each other's company for one more night and then put off The Separation until the next day. But, I did not. I secured Pop and I a room 2 hours and 16 minutes down the road with darkness rapidly approaching. What a dumbass.

As we shook hands in the gas station parking lot in Hanksville, the weight of it all hit me. I have learned that no matter how hard you try, you can never go back. You may have other great rides, you may have other experiences that are just as good, but you cannot turn the clock back. Once it is gone, it is gone.

I am 45 years old, I am a grown man and I have a lot of hard won pride. I cried in that parking lot as I hugged my friend. I knew I had screwed him out of picking his apples in Fruita, I knew he would have some wonderful and exciting days of riding in Utah and Colorado. And I knew I would not be part of that. For all that and more, I apologize. Who knows how things would have ended if not for my stupidity that afternoon?

Now that I had a destination and a plan, it was time to let the big FJRs do what they do best. Pop was not mean to me, he knew I was down. He was comfortable and happy on his bike, the 2 hard hours ahead did not worry him and he was full of encouragement. Hwy 95 started off straight and flat but soon enough turned wonderful. I pushed us pretty hard through those long sweepers deep inside those red canyon walls and my world got a little better. Pop stayed right with me, his voice filled with happiness and wonder and I knew that even my childish actions could not erase the goodness of the ride we were taking.

The Hite Overlook on Hwy 95:

The shadows were growing long, we were seeing rabbits in the road and the miles were disappearing behind the two big Yamahas. I had too much time to ponder and think... Pop's voice came into my headset. "You know we had to separate sooner or later. You got worried and you did what I raised you to do. You pushed forward. It may have been smarter to go back, but you didn't. You knew you had the right bike to eat up the miles and you made your decision. Joey will be alright and I am guessing you still have some things left to show me."

We arrived before dark at our hotel. I cleaned the bikes as best I could and then we walked next door to a decent Chinese meal. I slept okay but that was the unhappiest night of my entire trip.

Just got to this thread, and just got to this last-for-the-moment post. Already knew hppants had crashed, so I kinda didn't want to read it -- and that would have been a terrible mistake. Redfish Hunter and hppants, two of the best storytellers I know, double-teaming on a fantastic ride report with dozens of glorious photos? Why would I choose to miss that?

Am never disappointed with your (plural) philosophical insights, and this one has a few humdingers. Thanks, gentlemen, and tell Mr. Hillary I said hello.

This last part should never go unsaid: I am truly sorry about your crash, hppants, and hope you get better quickly and completely.

That's also important for purely selfish reasons. I'm going to check out Atlanta, AR, Atlanta, TX, and Atlanta, LA, next spring, and will be looking for some Cajun boys to show me around the swampland.

Awesome awesome fellers! Pics are stunning, dialog to accompany is just as good! Serious, having 2 great RR'ers tell the story is double the fun and excitement of "wonder what's coming next!?"

What great entertainment your rides provide. If you guys did this on a regular basis, I'd get rid of all my flat screen TV's. JS' hint-hint.

So when's the next adventure? :)

WOW Pants..... Wicked ride report then I come upon the picture of the downed machine...... first words out of my mouth and my woman comes a running to see what was wrong...... Oh Fuck NO !!!! How can this be..... Ugh.....

So Sorry to hear about the wreck and wishing you a fast recovery.....

FWIW - I stopped by my Dealer yesterday - he still has a brand new RED FJR A, if thats anything to thing about....