Hella Optilux HID lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twizted1

Reaction score
I've searched as many combinations as I can think of to find any reviews or pics (mounted on the FJR). It was brought up in the HID Auxiliary light thread, but never saw any follow up. They look to be a good alternative to the Soltek's and Chinese Soltek clones (and at a price point similar to the Chinese Soltek clones). I'm looking to add some HID's to the FJR this summer and those two are my choices for the moment, with the Hella's leading the way. So with that said, has anyone mounted these up and I've just missed the posts reviewing these?

And for those who've not seen these, Hella Optilux 4" HID (Hella USA) and available on Amazon

I've searched as many combinations as I can think of to find any reviews or pics (mounted on the FJR). It was brought up in the HID Auxiliary light thread, but never saw any follow up. They look to be a good alternative to the Soltek's and Chinese Soltek clones (and at a price point similar to the Chinese Soltek clones). I'm looking to add some HID's to the FJR this summer and those two are my choices for the moment, with the Hella's leading the way. So with that said, has anyone mounted these up and I've just missed the posts reviewing these?
And for those who've not seen these, Hella Optilux 4" HID (Hella USA) and available on Amazon
I believe these "Hella" lights are the chinese knock-off's just re-braned under Hella's name. I'm not positive, just relatively sure based on what I was told.

Well, I got them in, mixed reviews, one of them is bright as all getout, but the other is not as bright, hoping that it will get brighter as they burn in, if not Amazon gives me 30 days and then Hella gives me 1 year warranty so I can always get them fixed.

Other then that a very nice unit. Just ordered a set of Alex's brackets and hopefully will be instaling them next week... :)

I've got mine installed using Alex's brackets & mounts, not got to play with aiming enough yet to decide if I like the aiming. Lighting, they do great (both mine are of the same brightness).

They mount up to Alex's brackets just fine, almost like they're the same light! :rolleyes: