Help, Input needed on FZ-07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo Assist: A pretty red head she is.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Very nice indeed. Yamaha builds a quality bike-you'll be happy.

PS. As a kid from Minnesota how are you liking Alberquriky?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second...Roadrunner19 is in Albuquerque? What dealer did you get the bike from? Hell, I probably know them. Lol. PM me and we'll go for a ride. I'll buy lunch. I know every good road for 500 miles!

Bugnatr: the weather down here sure beats MN! More riding for me

HotRodZilla: yep Santa Fe! They had the only red bike around. I will definitely take you up on your offer, I probably won't be going as fast as we went in CO though, still breaking it in

Good to hear it was only a minor issue with the gasket, sharp bike!!

"......I probably won't be going as fast as we went in CO though...."

That was only your imagination. We weren't going fast. Well, maybe we accelerated to 55 kinda quickly.
rolleyes.gif

"......I probably won't be going as fast as we went in CO though...."

That was only your imagination. We weren't going fast. Well, maybe we accelerated to 55 kinda quickly.
rolleyes.gif
Tripper_Pinocchio_Mike

Ha...Seriously, I don't remember going that fast. Roadrunner19 was riding a little yellow BMW, behind me, between me and his dad. I didn't want to run too fast with him behind us. If he had run off the road, or we overcooked something, I would have felt terrible, so I really kept the hooligan in check. If my kid was following an experienced rider that rode like an ass, I would be pissed, so I was responsible. We had fun, but my wife never even yelled at me, which means, we weren't too fast. In fact, we were slow enough that on the way back up to Independence Pass from Aspen, a certain young man on a yellow BMW began hanging back in the space before a turn and then catching up to us as we were hitting the straights. He was basically running slow in the straights and then burning the turns.

When we got off the bikes at the top, I snickered as that same young man got the "knock that shit off" talk from his dad. Haha...TM was ok in my book, but especially good in my book after that. Haha...

Bugnatr: the weather down here sure beats MN! More riding for me HotRodZilla: yep Santa Fe! They had the only red bike around. I will definitely take you up on your offer, I probably won't be going as fast as we went in CO though, still breaking it in
I hear you, as a transplant from central Minn I do like riding year round. HotRodZilla is fun to ride with but just leave any money you see on the ground, Bust can tell you what will happen if you bend over to pick it up.

You should bring the FZ to SWFog in late May. A bunch of old farts your dad's age.
rolleyes.gif

Bugnatr: the weather down here sure beats MN! More riding for me HotRodZilla: yep Santa Fe! They had the only red bike around. I will definitely take you up on your offer, I probably won't be going as fast as we went in CO though, still breaking it in
I hear you, as a transplant from central Minn I do like riding year round. HotRodZilla is fun to ride with but just leave any money you see on the ground, Bust can tell you what will happen if you bend over to pick it up.

You should bring the FZ to SWFog in late May. A bunch of old farts your dad's age. :rolleyes:
You mean a bunch of old farts MY dad's age.

And what Bust told you isn't true, but him wishing that explains why he had $100 in pennies the last time I saw him.

That's a nice looking bike! I'm glad they didn't pull the whole engine apart over an improperly seated gasket.

Roadrunner19, how are you liking the 07 so far, getting some miles on it?