High engine heat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick B

Reaction score
Hey All, does anyone have helps with high operating temps? Especially 90 degree days that engine is pushing some serious heat!

Hey All, does anyone have helps with high operating temps? Especially 90 degree days that engine is pushing some serious heat!

Keep the windshield down :) That's the nice thing about the FJR. I remember one day I took the Goldwing out and it was just plain too hot, barely made it around the block (that's 8 miles here). Came home and took out the Nighthawk (sans windscreen) and it was great.

Ken

Just crossed the CA, AZ, NM, and TX deserts in 100+ temps. I was ok. Kept the windshield down and stood up often to get full airflow. Took a break about every 90 minutes or so. I don't find my 2nd Gen FJR to be uncomfortably hot compared to other bikes I've owned. Actually considering its large motor, I'm impressed with its heat dissipation qualities.

Bill

Rick

I'm in the third month of my AE, and have found the inside of my feet/boots getting quite hot from exhaust heat. The pipes are very close to your feet, and every week I have to remove a bit of melted boot sole from touching my pipes. Maybe some of the 4-1 systems will work by rerouting or repositioning the central portion of the 4-2 collector.