Horn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a holn for a 2007 FJR, but I dont want to modify anything on the bike, I just need something to replace the original stock horn with something better.

Which brand should I get?

I'm looking to get a holn for a 2007 FJR, [SIZE=14pt]but I dont want to modify anything on the bike[/SIZE], I just need something to replace the original stock horn with something better. Which brand should I get?
Ha! That won't last long. :rolleyes:

Magnublasters. Or now just know as 'Magnum'. Same as described above. You can purchase them HERE.

So its the TM80 Magnum. Is it hard to install and do I have to modify alot on the bike?

I'm looking to get a holn for a 2007 FJR, [SIZE=14pt]but I dont want to modify anything on the bike[/SIZE], I just need something to replace the original stock horn with something better. Which brand should I get?
Ha! That won't last long. :rolleyes:

Magnublasters. Or now just know as 'Magnum'. Same as described above. You can purchase them HERE.

So its the TM80 Magnum. Is it hard to install and do I have to modify alot on the bike?
Before the search police to a google search for Magnum site:fjrforum.com There are a bunch of topics on installing after market horns. Watch which year the bike is as there are some differences (as I understand) between Gen I and Gen II bikes. I'm getting ready to do my Gen II in the next couple of weeks.

I'm looking to get a holn for a 2007 FJR, but I dont want to modify anything on the bike, I just need something to replace the original stock horn with something better. Which brand should I get?
I installed the Freeway blasters which are very similar if not the same thing. I did not have to modify anything, but made new brackets out of 3/4 or 1" aluminum purchased at Slowes. Onec you take stock horns off, you will see why I had to make new ones. The stud on the back of the horns was too short to go through the rubber grommet with washers and all. I then slightly bent the brackets back before installing. With the horns on the proper sides(clearence for trumpet) pushed all the way to the sides and with the angled brackets, there is at least as much clearence as the stock horns. No cutting of anything.

Thanks for the free plug, Wheaton. :D

I did a whole writeup on installing Freeway Blasters on an '06. Pics and all.

Here ya go...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...blaster+install

Last edited by a moderator:
HornBulb500X317.jpg

I installed the Freeway blasters which are very similar if not the same thing.
Mine were quite a bit smaller (and fit in there better) than the TM80's, but the sound isn't....

But be sure to get the Randy relay harness, and you won't risk less-than-optimal performance (juice) or incinerating your horn switch.

And always remember, SPA first, honk second....

I installed the Freeway blasters which are very similar if not the same thing. I did not have to modify anything, but made new brackets out of 3/4 or 1" aluminum purchased at Slowes. Onec you take stock horns off, you will see why I had to make new ones. The stud on the back of the horns was too short to go through the rubber grommet with washers and all. I then slightly bent the brackets back before installing. With the horns on the proper sides(clearence for trumpet) pushed all the way to the sides and with the angled brackets, there is at least as much clearence as the stock horns. No cutting of anything.
+1 on the Freeway blasters, same part numbers you will find in Ignacio's Bin-o-facts. I bought a set when I was in MB a few weeks ago. I used the braket that came with it and bent it a bit so it was closer to the radiator and would clear the forks. Although I did have to trim a small amount of plastic from the inner panels, you would never know. They fit great and sound way cool!! I just used a good quality relay (Bosch) on the power lead, and grounded the horns off the frame.

I just used a good quality relay (Bosch) on the power lead, and grounded the horns off the frame.
FWIW, Bosch is now out of the relay biz. They sold out to Tyco, who now makes the same high quality relay as the original.

I now use only Tyco relays in my harnesses. I used to use Bosch until they changed hands and became unobtanium.

FWIW, Bosch is now out of the relay biz. They sold out to Tyco, who now makes the same high quality relay as the original.

I had no idea they sold out. I had a few of them laying around in my garage for 10+yrs, just waiting to be installed on my FJR. I will have to look for the Tyco's.

I'm looking to get a holn for a 2007 FJR, but I dont want to modify anything on the bike, I just need something to replace the original stock horn with something better. Which brand should I get?
Hey, John

Do I understand you correctly in that you didn't change any of the stock wiring and didn't add a relay? All you did (aside from the brackets) was replace the horns with 2 Freeway Blasters? I guess this means that the blasters don't draw any more amps than the stock horns, right? Otherwise you would have fried the switch or wiring or both, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, John

Do I understand you correctly in that you didn't change any of the stock wiring and didn't add a relay? All you did (aside from the brackets) was replace the horns with 2 Freeway Blasters? I guess this means that the blasters don't draw any more amps than the stock horns, right? Otherwise you would have fried the switch or wiring or both, right?
Yes, I used a relay. I was talking about no modification of the plastic. I don't like to alter things that there may be another work-around.

I've had stebel horns but the best I've used on my ST1300 and now my 08 FJR. It is dual PIAA horns that just plug in where the stock horns were. They are a little larger but not much so bolt up OK. I haven't had to use any relays either. They are quite loud. They are dual tone 400/500s. I ordered my from amazon thru autobarn for about $40.

JDP

I've had stebel horns but the best I've used on my ST1300 and now my 08 FJR. It is dual PIAA horns that just plug in where the stock horns were. They are a little larger but not much so bolt up OK. I haven't had to use any relays either. They are quite loud. They are dual tone 400/500s. I ordered my from amazon thru autobarn for about $40.

JDP
Hey JDP...that sounds much easier than all the 'plastic surgery', 'wire-pulling' and 'special relay harness' solutions. After all...it's just a coupla horns, right? Are you sure that the dual PIAA horns just bolt on and operate properly without all the fuss?

Latest posts