How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, myself and I!

Used to see another one, a guard at the nookie plant, but he wadded up big time.

Although my local dealership has sold a few of them over the years I rarely or never see an FJR on the road. There was one other forum member in Fargo a few year ago, but I never had a chance to meet up with him before I seen it sitting for consignment sale at the local dealer. I did see one in Texas last week, at a filling station across from where I was getting gas.

For what it is worth, I never see a Tenere or Ducati Superbike around here either. I guess that makes me a odd ball around these parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually quite interesting to consider regional preferences for cars and motorcycles. As a West Coast dude who has traveled all over this great land, I have noticed how different these preferences are. My brother lives in Wichita, KS and when visiting there you would think that Japan and Germany barely imported cars as everyone seems to drive an American made vehicle. Whereas on the West Coast the ratio is like 10-1 foreign to US in the cities.

With motorcycles I wonder how much of it is weather or local riding conditions. As speculation the major demarcation here in Seattle seems to be the Harley people and the non-Harley people, and the non-Harley people certainly dominate from what I can tell. Loads of guys ride BMW's of all types and the local mega-BMW-dealer seems to do a brisk business. There are lots of Honda's, Kawasaki's, Triumph's, and of course Yamaha. Lots of Ducati too. I don't know about other regional motorcycle preferences and how they relate to "Buy American" sentiments and/or machismo associations with Harley.

The demographic of guys and gals who ride the ferry with me includes a fair number of white collar professional sorts who choose to ride for all the ferry/money/time reasons I've gone into before here. It's a pretty affluent crowd, all things considered.

I'd also be interested in the per capita ridership numbers by city or region.

If you are ever in the area, you should really get on the ferry during commute hours going to Bainbridge from Seattle. Make a nice ride out of it. The boat is filled with every type and vintage of bike you can imagine. Really an impressive display of machinery all in one place.

Since I'm down in Tacoma, I guess it's about the same as up in Seattle; on a nice weekend, I'll see maybe 2 or 3, when I'm out moving around. Now, for a hard left:

Ummmm. . . Hey, DCarver; can you get me a job at that plant you mentioned? I had no idea that they were in "production"!
biggrin.png
As a matter of fact, I was thinking about moving, and getting another job just a couple of minutes ago, when I got this in my email: "There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.

Reason: Under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
(Let's just think for a minute: Is there
any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)"

1 or 2 depending upon how much attention I'm paying to riders going the other way, which is usually not much.

I almost never see another FJR. There is one guy I see from time to time on the River Road who rides a pristine '04, it seriously looks showroom condition. Other than that I have to be on a pre-arranged meet up and ride to see more than one.

Only mine, unless touring with a group, though the last time or two that's been only mine.

Very occasionally, there's a blue moon ...

When the weather was nice I would see 1 other FJR about 2 or 3 days a week. We'd often follow one another up the road past my work depending on who got out first. Now since it's cold, zero.

Until recently I worked part time for a Harley dealership on weekends and it seemed every weekend 1 or 2 would stop in at our shop. Riders were usually with their HD riding friends but on occasion were considering trading in to get on a Harley. I can't understand that myself but I'm thankful the previous owner of what became my '07 must have suffered some type of head trauma.....

Over the entire riding season I may see a total of 10 or so. However, on the weekends I regularly see 10 or more FJRs and on a really good weekend I can see 60-140 FJRs. Most of the weekend FJRs tend to have NERDS stickers and the big groups tend to be in Stow VT, WV, KY & Tn.

I think there may be something like 5 FJR's in the (small) city where I live. In any given week, I might see one other on the road locally. I see a lot more on my somewhat frequent ventures into New Hampshire and Vermont. Maine seems to be Harley country and rarely see an FJR there.

Wow, Seattle must be a hotbed of FJR riders!
It is. Other than my own, I see one FJR every two or three months, and I drive all over Georgia supporting DOT projects.

That's why it was such a joy to ride with 1911, WheatonFJR, and Jblanken64 last month; our own little "gang" of four FJRs!

Very rare... I saw one or two on the road up in PA but I have not yet seen a single one down here in SE FL other than mine. I have seen a Connie and a couple of beemers though along with the pirates on hogs and squids on crotch rockets. I swear the squids around here all have death wishes. Tank tops, boat shoes, shorts, no helmets and warp drive squirting in between and around the craziest cage drivers I have seen in a loooooong time.

I actually see very few motorcycle of any type when I commute. Just not a big motorcycle commuting area. See way more on weekends.

I do see a few groups of retired guys out on day rides during the week. They are mostly on Harleys and gold wings.

I almost NEVER see another FJR around here even on weekends.

Generally it's 70% Harley, 20% Sport Bike, 10% other

Old bikes and adventure bikes makes up a majority of other.

Sport touring bikes make up a small % of other. I see more Kawi and BMW then FJRs.

Most people assume my FJR is a BMW.

Two...in my garage.

I do however occasionally see an FJR heading north on US 276 towards Caesar's Head on a Saturday.

I know there are a few others in the Upstate...

Latest posts