How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only have a million residents in our 145,000 square miles under the Montana Big Sky (6.5 people per square mile) so we probably only have 25,000 registered motorcycles, total. I'd guess 20,000 of them are H-D, pristine with low miles (500 per year) and 15,000 of those are for sale. I know for certain of a half-dozen FJR riders in the whole state and I would be surprised if there were more than 30 registered here. I live in a town of 30,000 and I have heard there is another FJR around but I've never seen it. There should be far more FJRs given the suitability of the riding here: big distances with plenty of mountain riding. It seems "lifestyle statement" is the most important factor in bike choice (or as a friend said, "... professionals out for weekend of designer rebellion"). But we see significant moto tourism. On a day's ride on tour in the Northern Rockies I'd say there's perhaps a 50 percent chance of seeing one FJR, though I have noticed when you see a good sized group of touring riders and there is an FJR in the pack, there might be several.

I commute from Everett into Seattle. I see them quite often. Not been keeping score but two or three everyday.

I think I saw Salish out on I-5 last weekend.

I also ride the Bainbridge ferry, and there are always 1-4 FJR's on the commuter boats.

Seattle seems to be pretty saturated.

I think Panman took this picture at Bryan's PNW Tech Day in May of 2013.

DSCN6193_zps49a7f45e.jpg

Day to day I don't see many.

There used to be a guy that I would see every day commuting, but not any more.

On a nice weekend on the backroads, I'll spot at least one usually.

Probably petey....

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides mine? One and I work with the owner. Kinda funny that the FJR, BMW and Goldwing owners ride to work most of the time while the parking lot only fills up with Harleys on summer days with no rain forecast. On those days they outnumber us by about 3-1.

I think I saw Salish out on I-5 last weekend.
I also ride the Bainbridge ferry, and there are always 1-4 FJR's on the commuter boats.

Seattle seems to be pretty saturated.
You might have audiowize. I rode up to Anacortes on Friday of last week, and came back on Monday. I'm easy to spot on the ferry because I still don't have my plates!

What is an EffJayAre???

Last one (besides mine) I saw was when Rob (LKLD) crossed the street from his office to mine to show me his new '13.

Haven't seen another since.

dntknw.gif

Around here? Seems like maybe three or four -- a year. Did see an '09 though a few weeks ago scooting around Bethpage Park. Mid-afternoon of a raw, wet, miserable sort of day. Gave the guy credit.

Normally, I see one - mine.

Last year went I bought mine, my dealer in Irving, TX had four: two new '14A's, one one the floor and one in back, a slightly used '13 (the one I bought), and a '12 he said he used for a demo.

In this part of CA we are three FJR's often riding together, a 2012 andtwo 2014's. We see an occasional FJR while on the road but the most popular here are BMW and Ducati. As for Hardleys, that;s mostly the tattoo's leather crowd.

I see quite a few during race season in Indy. It's a lot rarer to see someone on my previous bike the Kawasaki C-10. (the old Kaw Concours.)

Amazing. Just posted yesterday and this is already reply no. 57. Hot topic indeed. But I'll add that on my 10,000 mile ride this fall I think I saw only about four FJRs, plus the ones that belonged to the forum folks who put me up overnight or met up with me to ride together a couple of times. Like I said, an exclusive club.

How come we're so much smarter than most folks, I wonder?

Last edited by a moderator:
In North central Indiana I am told there are some around but typically the only ones I see are the 2 I own. Maybe once a month I will run into someone else on one. Again I dont understand why we dont see more of these magnificant machines. Our local dealer has had a used 2010 that he has been trying to get rid of for almost 2 years.

I'm lucky to see a couple a month down here in SoCal..........go for long periods of time between FJR's.........lots of Hogs and crotch rockets........and Wings.........