How many riders ride 2-up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many riders ride 2 up?

• I carry a passenger all the time.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I carry a passenger some of the time.

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • I never carry a passenger.

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
Like the man said, FJR, 100% solo, GL1800 was acquired for momma trips, although the heated seat is nice at times, along with the barn door.

It's been about 50/50, but trading the VTX for the Goldwing this year, the FJR gets all the commuting and buzzing around on short rides, while the wing gets the long trips now.

100% solo.

This could have been posted as a poll. I can't imagine anyone is actually going to tally the posts.

Looks like it's becoming 2/3 solo and 1/3 two-up. If the ratio swings to 50/50, I'll be looking for something a bit more roomy for the pillion.

--G

99.967% solo, 0.033% pillion.

That's on my present bike on which I've done about 30000 miles, with a pillion once for about 10 miles.

Although statistically insignificant, I always keep my pillion seat free, "just in case". Just like I carry puncture repair stuff; I've never used that on this bike (touches wood).

...This could have been posted as a poll...
Not sure my contribution could be easily represented in a poll ;) .

Never ride two up. My Wife has her own bike and has no interest in being on the back of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely carry a passenger. This year has been 100 percent solo.

My daughters used to ride with me quite a bit, but they grew up and bought their own bikes. Now, two of the three have small children and don't ride at all. My wife always rode her own bike before she lost interest.

Daughter or wife overnight weekend camping. Solo during the week. I jump on the bike most times solo but put more kms with a passenger. So if you see me riding solo, Im near home fucking around.

Hard to put into percentages.

By number of times on the bike: 55% solo

By km/miles ridden: 98% 2-up

I'll often jump on the bike solo for a quick evening/weekend ride or occasional work commute, but most of my mileage (by far) is from when I go touring (weekends, long weekends and vacations) - which is always 2-up.

Latest posts