How many riders ride 2-up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many riders ride 2 up?

• I carry a passenger all the time.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I carry a passenger some of the time.

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • I never carry a passenger.

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
99.9% two up --- sometimes a ride to get gas on my own
smile.png

Once upon a time, I rode two up a LOT. I really enjoy it and have had some very good pillion partners who never compromised our ability to navigate the toughest twisties. The best was an expert equestrienne, who seemed not only to have a sense of coordination with me on the bike, but was also perfectly in tune with having another sentient being in ultimate control between her and the ground. That is not to slight another really good pillion (for a day's spirited ride across Vancouver Island to Tofino), but slight as she is, she has her own FJR and a touring spirit, so I really only think of her as a rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once upon a time, I rode two up a LOT...The best was an expert equestrienne, who seemed not only to have a sense of coordination with me on the bike, but was also perfectly in tune with having another sentient being in ultimate control between her and the ground...
We ride two up almost any time there is a ride; my pillion has been on board for almost all of the 100k miles on my FJR. As 'skibummer notes, having an equestrian trained pillion makes the passenger disappear (except for the extra inertia).

My pillion on her ride:

Clip_5_zps7b285fee.jpg

Competing in a three phase competition, what Super Man (Chris Reeves) was doing when he discovered he couldn't really fly.

99% SOLO.

About the only time I have a passenger is when my wife wants to leave her bike buttoned up for the night on trips and we are going to a local restaurant for dinner.

Both my kids and the wife ride there own bikes.... I like that a lot!
smile.png

Well, I actually bought the FJR for the purpose of a comfortable, capable, 2-up bike. SWMBO and I won't tax the suspension, so it's a velvet missile for us. On it--probably 80% 2-up.

I always ride 2 up. Thing is i never see the other passenger. But I know he is there. Someone has to keep my crazy ass out of trouble. So the wife makes it 3 up for me.

Ponder that,

Dave

Solo 100% for the last 25 years, before that about 95% solo 5% with wifey. And going back 35+ years I would ride 50/50 2 up with the kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the FJR so the SO and I could go for some longer rides . . . longer than the 86 Konk cared to go . . . probably going to be 60% solo 40% 2 -up, but right now it's likely to be 50/50 . . . new bike, she isn't letting me ride too far alone . . . big city, etc.

GX

I would say I ride about 90-95% 2 UP.... I recently took the FJR out the other day solo and something just didn't seem right.... It didn't handle the same....

I promptly recognized that my petite woman was not aboard and it just wasn't the same..... Used to ride solo almost all the time unless I picked up some nice passenger to spend the day or evening with.... they were all test modules for the one I was searching for to be the main pillon....

Glad I finally found the one that sits on the back and screams in my ear - FASTER !!! She's a Keeper