HOW TO VIDEOS - Q&A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On his throttle body sync video he mentions that he is adjusting the throttle plate positions. On my Gen ! bike, the normal throttle body sync done at idle you adjust the bleed air screws. Is that Gen 3 different or was he actually adjusting the bleed air screws on each throttle body?
no, he is adjusting the screws..all 3 Gens are the same. Good video, but I'd like to make one comment on it. You can chuck those little spring clips that hold the rubber caps on the sync ports. They are really not needed, and will make it easier to remove and install them in future TBSs.

You should do a video on the LSCTLLWM (left side case tether lid level wind modification), if the mod is GEN III compatible.

It's an analogy, so people get the concept of what the procedure is for. I'm not going to go over people's head by explaining the actual details of air bleed screws. People can understand a moving plate. Same difference.

Excellent video. Would probably never have attempted to do my own TBS prior to watching. Now feel I could manage it ...just have to find the gauge... Harbor Freight?

Thanks!

It's an analogy, so people get the concept of what the procedure is for. I'm not going to go over people's head by explaining the actual details of air bleed screws. People can understand a moving plate. Same difference.
Thank you for sparing me from having to think or understand, I just hate getting involved in technological drivel. Righty tighty, leftey loosey, that's all I need. No headache or brain cramp here! Thanks for KISS.

You do realize that these vids aren't for people like you and I, who already know how to do stuff, right? I do like your sarcasm though, I LOL!

Excellent video. Would probably never have attempted to do my own TBS prior to watching. Now feel I could manage it ...just have to find the gauge... Harbor Freight?
Thanks!
Probably not Harbor Freight for this one, although they may sell the "Dial" type gauges.

Basically there are two ... Motion Pro and Morgan Carbtune. There are a few others but these are the basic choices.

The Motion Pro was good value when I bought it for $40, but it now seems to be around $70, so it's not such an easy decision. It is a manometer style that uses fluid that evaporates ... It can be replaced. It works very well if you are diligent.

The Morgan Carbtune is the instrument you really want. It comes directly from the UK for about $100, and is light years ahead of the Motion Pro.

This is not an area to skimp on the tool. You will only ever buy the Carbtune once, and don't be too OCD about getting the sync exact to the millimeter of column height, it isn't necessary and it will drive you nuts. Get all four close, and that will be more than good enough.

ps ... you can make your own for less than $5. That said, they are tricky to get right and finnicky to use, but home-made manometers will get your TBs sync'd just as well as the Carbtune if you know what you are doing. Personally, I bought the Motion Pro because I was poor. If I was buying again I'd spring the $100 and be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only issue I have (me personally, my own opinion) is that you should have wiped off the old dirty oil from the filter mating surface before putting on the new filter. That way, you would ensure a clean fit without the possibility of contaminating the gasket.

Side stand or center stand?

Never mind. Good video, thanks. FWIW crush gaskets are like flipping a coin. They seem to work no matter which way they land.

Thank you for sparing me from having to think or understand, I just hate getting involved in technological drivel. Righty tighty, leftey loosey, that's all I need. No headache or brain cramp here! Thanks for KISS.
lol.gif
fool.gif
At least he didn't use; thingy, whatchmacallit, doohicky, thingamajig, etc.
innocent.gif

lol.gif
fool.gif
At least he didn't use; thingy, whatchmacallit, doohicky, thingamajig, etc.
innocent.gif
Or a lot of "and like", "like", "ya know like" ....

I merged the video threads into one so that people looking for them will have an easier time of it.

As other videos are added to the top post (edit), this could eventually get pinned and moved over with the other tech resources.

OK this thread merge is not cool, I appologize to anyone reading past this point, it wasn't me. Some of these responses now do not make sense, there was no need to do that.

OK this thread merge is not cool, I appologize to anyone reading past this point, it wasn't me. Some of these responses now do not make sense, there was no need to do that.
Ya, but it is all about the helpful videos isn't it? Comments shouldn't matter to you, it's just about the assist content.

Status
Not open for further replies.