HOW TO VIDEOS - Q&A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should do a video on the LSCTLLWM (left side case tether lid level wind modification), if the mod is GEN III compatible.
If you mean from this:(Click on any image for a larger view)

To this:

Then you don't need no stinking* video. Just look here. All bags from all years are the same, and it's the first thing I did on my '14. (Well, it did only take about 3 seconds. And that was to do both sides.)

*That's not to imply I think the posted videos stink, I don't :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
OK this thread merge is not cool, I appologize to anyone reading past this point, it wasn't me. Some of these responses now do not make sense, there was no need to do that.
Ya, but it is all about the helpful videos isn't it? Comments shouldn't matter to you, it's just about the assist content.
Comments themselves don't matter - but having a coherent conversation when one person is talking about one thing and there are three or more mixed in topics - can be confusing, when things are all jumping around. That's part of the assist content, answering questions or clarifying things about a specific topic. That's all. But hey, it's not my call, not my forum.

OK this thread merge is not cool, I appologize to anyone reading past this point, it wasn't me. Some of these responses now do not make sense, there was no need to do that.
Ya, but it is all about the helpful videos isn't it? Comments shouldn't matter to you, it's just about the assist content.
Comments themselves don't matter - but having a coherent conversation when one person is talking about one thing and there are three or more mixed in topics - can be confusing, when things are all jumping around. That's part of the assist content, answering questions or clarifying things about a specific topic. That's all. But hey, it's not my call, not my forum.
You're right...comments (usually) don't matter. And with the number of folks perusing the "Technical" subforums, "coherent conversations" are sometimes rare.

Plus, with this from Forum Admin "Captain Grumpypants"...

I merged the video threads into one so that people looking for them will have an easier time of it.
As other videos are added to the top post (edit), this could eventually get pinned and moved over with the other tech resources.
...this is a clear indication that your time and effort is being recognized and appreciated by "the Management".

The important thing is to not go all "sensitive" and "defensive" on us. KEEP POSTING YOUR VIDEOS!! Otherwise, the CenFla division of the FJR Forum will ride over to Tampa and give you a swift jimmykick...something usually reserved for Hotrodzilla or Beemerdons.

Hope this helps. Oh, and for some constructive criticism...dump the crusty old bastage hosting your videos and dig us up some hot looking 20-something sweet-young-thang to have us watch.

tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

Oh, also be aware that the use of "smilies" (see above) is a pretty good indication that some comments need to be taken as "tongue-in-cheek".

Oh, number two....we're waiting for your supercharger install video, too.
biggrin.png

Please check out the reason as described. They were merged so that they can eventually be added as a pinned FAQ.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/forum/77-faqs-and-common-historical-info/

IOW: They're good enough that people don't need to be hunting to try and find them and you need to get credit for them even years from now.

- Oh yeah, I also went to extra effort during the merge to make sure you didn't take a hit on your post count.

You should do a video on the LSCTLLWM (left side case tether lid level wind modification), if the mod is GEN III compatible.
If you mean from this:(Click on any image for a larger view)

To this:

Then you don't need no stinking* video. Just look here. All bags from all years are the same, and it's the first thing I did on my '14. (Well, it did only take about 3 seconds. And that was to do both sides.)

*That's not to imply I think the posted videos stink, I don't
Yeah--that's the LSCTLLWM, and I still think a step by step video would be nice (PS, you'll note today is Friday
tonguesmiley.gif
)

All the info is great. I am glad that someone is adding to the information available. Even if a topic has been done before you may get a different view angle which helps just that little bit extra to make the additional info gain your confidence in doing it yourself. Kaelaria, you should be quite proud of the contribution. It's videos, and tech papers written that have helped me take off my tupperware, change my own tires, flush my brake and clutch. Great job on adding to the information. You will have to let me know when you plan on doing a coolant flush, or valve job. for me right now the valve job is a bit beyond my skill level / comfort zone, but if I saw it done, it may go a long way to easing my mind at attempting. Again great job.

Thanks for watching! I won't be doing it early, but if I don't have another local bike to film, I'll be doing that stuff and more on mine as the miles pile up - but it'll be a while!

Thanks guys! Yes, on every how-to post I do, there are always critics and experts...oh well, I don't see any of them ever producing anything
wink.png
Because they are so critical they don't even say anything good about themselves :)

If you can do better then demonstrate, If not then congratulate the person/s who took the time to make others job a lot easier with a better understanding for what is required. If you see something that is wrong or that will cause a failure then point it out so it can be corrected.

Kaelaria I thank you for your time and effort! Job well done.

Thanks for making these. I purchased a Morgan Carbtune a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of doing a Throttle Body Synd and the video cleared up the small questions I still had after reading the numerous threads here on the forum. Seeing it done after reading how to do it makes the whole process seem a lot easier..

If you plan to do a coolant tutorial, I'd say it is much needed. Members have been referred to one that is called the "blow job" for years, and they end up with OAT orange coolant as a result of what that author chose to do. While many of us have been through these basic maintenance procedures several times, there are always new owners looking for answers, and so far, you've done a good job of a straight-forward procedure without misleading anyone.

Really great video's. Hope one day you do one on drive shaft spline lube.

Thanks for the great work.

Thanks guys! I'll be doing everything, as it's needed - except for tire changes.

If you plan to do a coolant tutorial, I'd say it is much needed. Members have been referred to one that is called the "blow job" for years, and they end up with OAT orange coolant as a result of what that author chose to do. While many of us have been through these basic maintenance procedures several times, there are always new owners looking for answers, and so far, you've done a good job of a straight-forward procedure without misleading anyone.
+1

The blowjob is complete overkill and was the instruction I first started following. Unless you need a complete and total purging of the system because you're adding new non-compatible (orange) coolant, a straight-forward drain and fill (like an oil change) video would be a nice addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.