I did it.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and well wishes. Also thanks for the ideas on sliders and cages.

I might do what "Pie Smuggler" suggested and get the 2013 grey foot guards and have them painted to match the 2014 red. I have the ES model, so hopefully there isn't any difference in mounting between the 2013 model without ES and the 2014 with ES. I don't believe there is though.

Congrats to you and me. I just got a 2013 from someone who worked for Yamaha ( he gets a new one every year of course) Anyway I got a good deal and he had a box full of parts including the OEM frame sliders/ the foot fairings, hand fairings and the OEM comfort seat. I am about to put the frame sliders on and have seen only a few pictures of them with the foot fairings. I am ambivalent about putting the foot fairings on as I ride in mostly dry sometimes cool weather in Arizona. I would love to know how much they really do in terms of keeping your feet warm and dry and if they do much else to disrupt airflow for the better or the worse. I'm really torn between putting them on as I don't think it is an easy on/off procedure but I would not know because I did not get instructions and finding them on-line has been tough. Did they only make them for the 2013 model?

The hand guards are huge and I think I will be putting those up for sale because I seldom ride in really bad weather and one would have to commit to them before a long trip. They look like they could affect gas mileage..lol..

Congrats and ride safe. I've done about 1500 miles already in two weeks and I am happy with it. Anybody know anybody who wants a beautiful 2011 Multistrada?

Congrats to you and me. I just got a 2013 from someone who worked for Yamaha ( he gets a new one every year of course) Anyway I got a good deal and he had a box full of parts including the OEM frame sliders/ the foot fairings, hand fairings and the OEM comfort seat. I am about to put the frame sliders on and have seen only a few pictures of them with the foot fairings. I am ambivalent about putting the foot fairings on as I ride in mostly dry sometimes cool weather in Arizona. I would love to know how much they really do in terms of keeping your feet warm and dry and if they do much else to disrupt airflow for the better or the worse. I'm really torn between putting them on as I don't think it is an easy on/off procedure but I would not know because I did not get instructions and finding them on-line has been tough. Did they only make them for the 2013 model?
The hand guards are huge and I think I will be putting those up for sale because I seldom ride in really bad weather and one would have to commit to them before a long trip. They look like they could affect gas mileage..lol..

Congrats and ride safe. I've done about 1500 miles already in two weeks and I am happy with it. Anybody know anybody who wants a beautiful 2011 Multistrada?
To fit the foot shields, you first need to remove the fairings, this post is useful, my pictures put in at post #15 might help.

To fit the shields to the fairing, I've some pictures starting on this page; start on the picture captioned "Foot shields as received". Click on any of the thumbnails for a larger view, from the larger view you can click on "next" or "prev" to sequence them.

Pictures without and with:

(Click on any image for larger view)

Note that the foot shields will definitely get rubbed or worse if the bike is dropped with the OEM sliders, but I think they make the bike look better - very much a personal view. They do appear to be keeping my feet warmer and my boots drier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response and the Pic's. Your bike looks great with them on and while on one hand I like the look of the foot fairings, I do like to see some more motor on a bike so I am not sure what I am going to do. I think the biggest problem is that all of this has to be done at once with the fairings off, and it will be the same process in reverse to pull them off. Tough call..

It looks like taking the oil filter off will require the removal of the foot guard on the left.

It looks like taking the oil filter off will require the removal of the foot guard on the left.
You only need to undo the bottom fairing screw and flex it away a bit. Not ideal, but no need to have the fairing off.

FIY, you can't remove just the foot shield, it fixes to several screws inside the fairing, impossible to get at with the fairing on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator: