International Bike Show in Chicago

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistic rider

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted the discount code but here it is. CHNEWS1 is the code that will save you a couple of dollars . It runs Feb. 6th through the 8th.

Get my discount!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Victor. I've never gone to the show...not usually my bag...but it might be a good way to get together and meet during the winter funk. So I might see you and others there....especially if there is a lunch before or after. :)

Is anyone setting up a group meet time or place? Has this been done other years?

Last year, it appeared that MOST people were going on Saturday. I set up a get together in the afternoon at Shoeless Joes and it turned out to be just myself and Jon.

Victor, thanks for the discount info. Mark, I'm suprised you haven't been to the show. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for posting, Victor. I'll probably go again this year. Don't know which day but I know Friday is ladies night. :chickawow:

Last year, it appeared that MOST people were going on Saturday. I set up a get together in the afternoon at Shoeless Joes and it turned out to be just myself and Jon.
Victor, thanks for the discount info. Mark, I'm suprised you haven't been to the show. I think you'll enjoy it.
I have no money for new bikes or farkles...so it really isn't my deal...but it might be fun to do something to break the February blues.

I have no money for new bikes or farkles...so it really isn't my deal...but it might be fun to do something to break the February blues.
I'm in the same situation but I like to go to check out and sit on the bikes. I enjoyed spending a couple hours walking thru the show last year and left without coveting a new bike or growing my list of "gotta have" farkles. I actually left last year's show appreciating my FJR even more. The show is just something different to do in the winter. For me, it's kind of my own personal unofficial kicking off of a new riding season.

I was thinking about going but that will be my first weekend off since Dec. Have to visit some family I haven't seen in years. Maybe if I can buy the wife a pretty I might be able to get out of it.

NOTE. You have to use the code by the 25th. Should have put that in the first post but was in a hurry.

Who else is going to be there? I'll be there on Saturday, maybe Sunday too...

It will break my usual winter habit of sitting on my motorcycle in the garage making engine noises.

The wife and I will be there saturday afternoon, anyone else? Probably hit Giordano's afterwards, if we don't go to my dads house first. She loves the pizza joint down the street from him too much to pass it up.

The wife and I will be there saturday afternoon, anyone else? Probably hit Giordano's afterwards, if we don't go to my dads house first. She loves the pizza joint down the street from him too much to pass it up.
I'm going - would be interested in meeting at the Giordano's at Higgins and River Road - say 3 pm??

The Mrs. and I will be going for sure, Saturday or Sunday. I prefer Saturday because on Sunday afternoon some of the vendors are packing up. In fact we purchased our tickets on line last week. I've gone many times. That show was the only real view and 'sit down' on an FJR, before we purchased our own. The FJR on display was the previous model year, a newish Silver 2004. The dealer didn't know the first thing about it. :eek: That was the days of the PDP. We also sized and bought our custom 'RM' seats there, big mistake. One of my worst farkle ventures. I won't be fooled again. :angry:

Coming in from Indiana though, the traffic (pot holes, road construction, toll booths, and weather) negates exact planning. It can take 1 to 2 hours to make the trip into the city. If someone plans a gathering at the show or somewhere very near it we could try to be there. I have been to Shoeless Joes, could probably find it again but don't want to 'skimp' on the show. We usually spend about 5 hours gawking at the bikes and farkles. :D

I'm going - would be interested in meeting at the Giordano's at Higgins and River Road - say 3 pm??
Cool, I'll be sure to be there at the show and for pizza afterwards.

Maybe, the show will convince me to buy an HD. :)

Here's a new code that I just received in an email from Nielsen Enterprises. Go to the show website, order tickets by Feb 4, enter code "NIELSEN" and get $4 off an adult ticket (so you only pay $8/ticket).

Here's a new code that I just received in an email from Nielsen Enterprises. Go to the show website, order tickets by Feb 4, enter code "NIELSEN" and get $4 off an adult ticket (so you only pay $8/ticket).
Now you tell me!! Too late. Anyone interested in meeting at Giardano's at 3 on Saturday?

Will be there Saturday. Wish I would have looked here before I bought tickets!! Will have the whole fam with + other non FJR friends don't know if I can make Giordanos but maybe. I know the fam would LOVE to go cus we don't have a Giordanos in Indy and we were regulars at the Rockford location.

Nate

Now you tell me!! Too late. Anyone interested in meeting at Giardano's at 3 on Saturday?
I'll meet you there if I don't meet you at the show griff. I might have my son in tow. Will send PM.

I'll post up if I can meet on Saturday. I really could go for some pizza ... as well as for some confidence-boosting advice before I start tearing into the wiring to add my new farkles.