Is FJR a good commuter?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I tried to say, there is a real difference between a close commute to a big city and a recreational ride.

I only went to kent and sussex and motorcycle, but conduct is not so different, except the quality of roads... And left driving

For the region of Millau, it sure is great, and the back of the Tarn gorges !!! just magic.

My commute took me into Boston today. It is 45 miles and took 2.5 hours (a typical day BTW). On my FJR my life expectancy would need to be measured with a stop watch.
My Chicago commute is 12 miles one way from Downtown-ish to Ohare area with 45min at 6:30am and 1 hour for the way back (4:30pm). I tried it with the FJR once and nope, never again.

Chicago commuting is best suited rocking a DR650

Man I love riding to work, FJR saddle bags are perfect to run errands at lunch or whenever, and to carry a lunch!

Plus the bags are removable for those days you want to get out and cruise around with your friends!

Having and adjustable windscreen is a plus too raise it up when the weather is cooler and down in the summer.

i believe its a very multi purpose machine! i love my 2006

That windshield sheds a lot of rain if you're moving above 40-45 mph, too.

I've commuted on a variety of bikes over the years from a 70's era 250cc enduro to a Triumph Rocket III.

For a 90 mile commute, I'd put the FJR (especially the Gen3 with cruise control) at the top of the list.