Itsy Bitsy Spider?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems this is linked to the brake light too. As the light stayed on constantly when the issue first happened. But started working normally when everything else started working correctly for the short time and now it's back to staying on constantly. So symptoms are no glovebox power, no windscreen power, no horn, and brake light stays on constantly. I have tank removed from the bike so I can't start it up, but when all these issues started happening everything else functioned just fine.

I don't think a ground problem would cause the brake light to be on. Check the switch on the brake peddle. They are known to stick. Easy fix.

Found the issue a connector on the right had a loose wire inside it. Wrapped the whole connector in electrical tape and all is good

Fixed both the electrical anomalies and brake light? Weird shit tends to happen when electrons can't take the correct route back to common. The years and the environment take their toll on wiring and (especially) on connections that rely upon friction, passive low pressure clamping and clean, un-oxidized surfaces. I'm pleased that you found the smoking gun!