John Ryan Stickers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All orders that are in have been put in envelopes and will be dropped in the mailbox on my way home. So far 184 stickers have gone...Still have 116 left, so if you know anyone that wants one...Let them know.
Everyone that already placed an order should have them early next week. I'm not doing any of this over the weekend as Patch and I will be in the forrest cutting wood for my mom and sister...
Received mine in the mail today. Thanks for the great service!

-Paul
Cool...Glad you got them. That makes me a little more confident in my USPS skills!
punk.gif

I am sending out another batch today. This leaves me with 48 stickers left.

I looked for a thread on ADVRiders, but didn't find one specific to stickers, using Google. If anyone has one, let them know we are almost out.

And, THANK YOU again to everyone who has ordered and donated!
thumbsup.gif

No problem...Glad to see the Post Office can read my writing. I have 31 left as of right now.

So, as before, if you know anywhere else they are going, maybe mention that they are almost ALL gone...As there will probably not be another round made.

No problem...Glad to see the Post Office can read my writing. I have 31 left as of right now.
So, as before, if you know anywhere else they are going, maybe mention that they are almost ALL gone...As there will probably not be another round made.
Got one on yer squad car?

Ok, the John Ryan stickers are DONE. I sent the last group of them off this morning and have 5 left. I spoke to Jennifer at Camp Nejeda and will be sending them a check for $1071!! I will also be sending her the last 5 stickers plus two of the four that I originally ordered from Jim...

Jennifer was very grateful and mentioned that someone is trying to set up some type of memorial weekend at the camp. Jennifer said she will keep me in the loop, so I will keep you in that same loop. She said they have tons of room, and would have a great time if a bunch of motorcycles and John's friends from across the country showed up there. I think it would be awesome, and a really good excuse to ride to New Jersey.

So, unless someone else wants to pick up the stickers, I think it had a good run. The patches are still going, and that does not involve me. I think another $1k is a great thing to do for those kids, and am proud to have been a part of that.

All of you here are awesome too...The generosity demonstrated by riders and friends is amazing!!

Joe,

As much as I think it would be great, imagine the blow back if something really bad happened involving me or my unit and the media posted that sticker all over the news. We know what it means, but I know a couple groups of people that would LOVE to give that quote a whole other meeting. I'm dumb sometimes, but I'm not stupid.

It's like the time a friend of mine produced a set of "Punisher" grips for my 1911. He wanted to know if I could put them on my duty gun...Again, that would have been BAD had the media seen that after I was involved in a shooting or something...So, I put them on my competition gun and then gave them to my brother for his....

In three years, I can stop being politically correct...Three years!!

Jennifer was very grateful and mentioned that someone is trying to set up some type of memorial weekend at the camp. Jennifer said she will keep me in the loop, so I will keep you in that same loop. She said they have tons of room, and would have a great time if a bunch of motorcycles and John's friends from across the country showed up there. I think it would be awesome, and a really good excuse to ride to New Jersey.
That's about the ONLY good reason I can think of to ride to New Jersey :lol:

Ok, the John Ryan stickers are DONE. I sent the last group of them off this morning and have 5 left. I spoke to Jennifer at Camp Nejeda and will be sending them a check for $1071!! I will also be sending her the last 5 stickers plus two of the four that I originally ordered from Jim...

So, unless someone else wants to pick up the stickers, I think it had a good run. The patches are still going, and that does not involve me. I think another $1k is a great thing to do for those kids, and am proud to have been a part of that.

All of you here are awesome too...The generosity demonstrated by riders and friends is amazing!!

Joe,

As much as I think it would be great, imagine the blow back if something really bad happened involving me or my unit and the media posted that sticker all over the news. We know what it means, but I know a couple groups of people that would LOVE to give that quote a whole other meeting. I'm dumb sometimes, but I'm not stupid.

It's like the time a friend of mine produced a set of "Punisher" grips for my 1911. He wanted to know if I could put them on my duty gun...Again, that would have been BAD had the media seen that after I was involved in a shooting or something...So, I put them on my competition gun and then gave them to my brother for his....

In three years, I can stop being politically correct...Three years!!
AJ,

I was just messin with ya...I know you couldn't actually put that sticker on yer squad car.

I would like to extend a big thanks to you & Jim for doing this, and if the ride to New Jersey happens, I'll buy the two of you a beer.

I got an email from Jennifer at Camp Nejeda today. The check I sent finally got picked up. It took forever for it to get there. I'm gald it was tracked, or I would have been freaking out by now. Anyway, her email says it all:

"Hi AJ! The check arrived today, thank you! And thanks also for sending the last few stickers—they’re absolutely fantastic. I’ll be sending one to our friends at Backroads Magazine https://www.backroadsusa.com/ in case they haven’t seen them already. The publishers were friends of John’s and I believe they included an article about John in this month’s issue.

Just FYI, with the two checks from the sale of the stickers, the total amount we’ve received in John’s memory is nearing $10,000. Needless to say, checks have come in from all over and the outpouring is a testament to how many people’s lives he touched. He was very special and we miss him a lot.

Jennifer"

It's great to hear that Camp Nejeda has done so well in spite of the reason. I had talked to Jennifer after I sent in the check from the first run of stickers and she brought up the idea of the camp over. I'm not clear on who is the organizer or it's just an idea that has been brought up? I hate camping but would make an exception for this.